Omaha Head-Fi Meet New Date May 19/CE!
May 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #16 of 63
Not entirely sure if I'll be able to make this event, if so I wouldn't be getting to Omaha until early afternoon. Mark me down as tentative
normal_smile%20.gif

Gear I will be lugging to the meet:
Vintage rig
Sansui sr-838 (Stanton 681EEE Mk.2 cart)
Luxman L-80V
My very modest vinyl collection

Digital rig
Macbook w/ optical HiFace
Eastern Electric Minimax DAC
Guess I'll bring my Audio gd c-2c amp, even though the preamp section of the Luxman sounds far better IMO
beyersmile.png

Sennheiser HD-650

Again I hope to make this event but am not sure, depends what time I can slink out of work by on Saturday morning.

May 7, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #19 of 63
Quote:
Not entirely sure if I'll be able to make this event, if so I wouldn't be getting to Omaha until early afternoon. Mark me down as tentative
normal_smile%20.gif

Gear I will be lugging to the meet:
Vintage rig
Sansui sr-838 (Stanton 681EEE Mk.2 cart)
Luxman L-80V
My very modest vinyl collection

Digital rig
Macbook w/ optical HiFace
Eastern Electric Minimax DAC
Guess I'll bring my Audio gd c-2c amp, even though the preamp section of the Luxman sounds far better IMO
beyersmile.png

Sennheiser HD-650

Again I hope to make this event but am not sure, depends what time I can slink out of work by on Saturday morning.

I actually have a C-2C that is for sale. While it sounds better than a C-2, I'm keeping the C-2 because it fits better in my lifestyle.

May 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #20 of 63
Good news!  I sorted out what Spirit World will be contributing as prizes:

A pair of Glencairn Whisk(e)y Glasses:

Choice of a Spirit World TShirt (ex):

Additionally, we will be giving a discount to any atteding HeadFi members at our deli as well as a discount to our Bourbon tasting from 5:00-8:00PM the same day.  I will post more details about the discounts as soon as I find get specifics.

BoOoZe!
beerchug.gif

May 8, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #21 of 63
I'll bring a HD595 and HD600 a Gilmore Lite and an SMSL SD-793 MiniDAC
......nothing new fancy or special

May 10, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #23 of 63
Yeah I'm gonna be there. Should be fun!

I'll be bringing the following:

Audio GD C-2 (which will be for sale for 250$, no longer available new, but amazing discrete performance)
Audio GD C-2C
Audio GD NFB-2

Sennheiser HD650
Grado SR325i (which will be for sale for 200$, 300$ new)
Shure SRH840
Sony MDR-V6

May 10, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #24 of 63
I may come by if someone has a good digital source with XLR outs (or an RCA->XLR adapter) to connect my T1/Auditor combo. Don't feel like hauling mixer/turntable/records and no one wants to listen to my records anyway. :)

I also have Beyer DT1350s and DT770-80s retrofitted with the new T70 pads.

May 10, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #26 of 63
If it's not too late to sign up, I can (probably) make this event.  I'd be willing to pack up my Peak/Volcano as long as someone could bring along a source - I really don't want to take my BDP-95 out of the entertainment center or haul CD's there.  3 or 4 headphones and my trunk starts to get a little packed.  Anything else I'm missing?

May 10, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #28 of 63
Looking for a source with XLR outs or adapters - I have the amp

May 10, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #30 of 63
OK, it looks like that ERC-2 has XLR outs - correct? If so, game on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back