Om audio inearpeace - has anyone tried these?
Dec 30, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #17 of 64
  Ah crap. That's $30 off. Nice deal. Decisions, decisions.

The amazon reviews are suspect though. They sound very shill like, they all just happen to have Spanish last names, each reviewed them within the same few days, and none are verified owners, even though onecall and amazon are the only distributor. That's a huge turn off to me.

Good point.  It's a common problem on Amazon (they themselves bump their star ratings to make products appear more attractive), I usually click on the reviewer's other reviews option, if they have none (or one) it's likely BS.

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #18 of 64
Got some coming in and looking forward to sharing my impressions. 

Jan 2, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #19 of 64

Sweet Helium of the Gods! i just got my OM Audio InEarPeace hybrids, and though I'm still early in the listening process, so I'm withholding in depth impressions until I feel the LF driver has burned in sufficiently, I will say this..This is a hybridDONE RIGHT! This is a hybrid with lively mids (not sucked out and dry). This is a hybrid that reminds me A LOT of a more refined JVC FXT90. If there was one IEM I could match this with early in the process, it would be the FXT90. The synergize very well with my Sony NWZ E-475, but really open up and show their magic when plugged into my iPod Touch

So far they definitely reach well beyond their $150.00 asking price. 

More to come...

Jan 2, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #21 of 64
If I lost mine, I would order a new set immediately. I think they are splendid.

Me too. I think they crush the T-PEOS H-100, Maxell DBA700, and Brainwavz R3. They have the best mids of any of those, and really remind me of the JVC FXT90, only without that harsh upper mids/lower treble smack from the carbon. 

Jan 2, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #23 of 64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8cXSqB5j0M&sns=em

Check this song out.... Good one to road test the bass.

checking it out.

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #24 of 64
  Me too. I think they crush the T-PEOS H-100, Maxell DBA700, and Brainwavz R3. They have the best mids of any of those, and really remind me of the JVC FXT90, only without that harsh upper mids/lower treble smack from the carbon. 

How do you think the OM Audio Inearpeace fare against the favorites in the same price bracket, like: GR07, RE-400, TF-10, BA200, Dunu DN-1000?

Jan 2, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #25 of 64

How do you think the OM Audio Inearpeace fare against the favorites in the same price bracket, like: GR07, RE-400, TF-10, BA200, Dunu DN-1000?

Let me do this with a quick flourish, because I'll write up a more detailed review in the coming days, but for quick comparison :

VSonic GR07 : The mids are more lush and laid back with the GR07. The bass is more present and linear in the OM Audio. Treble is less sibilant in the OM audio, but GR07 tends to have slightly more detail, but that's probably from having more lush mids and brighter/hotter treble. Similar soundstage. Om Audio slightly more resolving and faster. 

HiFiMan RE-400 : Transparency and resolution goes to the RE-400. Bass is won by the Om Audio hands down. The bass is weightier, more lively, and digs deeper. Mids are slightly behind with the Om Audio, but once again the treble is livelier and more resolving than the RE-400. Timbre is better with the Om Audio, with soundstage slightly better with the RE-400, but only slightly more. 

Ultimate Ears TF10 : Soundstage and transparency go to the TF10. Bass is another no contest. Though both IEM's share a similar bass tone and weight, the LF driver of the OM Audio is more natural and has more heft. The bass of the TF 10 is plasticky and has the typical BA bass sound. So the bass of the OM, though maybe not as fast, is more convincing and engaging. The mids are also no contest. The mids of the OM Audio are not recessed, and are actually quite lively and very JVC FXT90 like. Slightly aggressive, with a bit of grain in the upper mids, which negates any smoothness, but has a forward presentation that makes guitars have edge and bite, and come alive. None of this applies to the TF10. The treble is slightly more clear and extended on the TF10. I chalk this up to the BA driver on the hybrid having to share frequencies with the mids, while the TF10 has a dedicated HF driver. So edge to the TF10, but again, the treble is tuned more realistically and less plastic coated than the TF10. 

haven't received the the DUNU DN-1000 yet..so can't compare. 

TDK BA-200 : Bass is a toss up. The Bass of the TDK is so smooth and fluent. Though it can't dig as deep as the OM Audio, it can articulate better, with more speed. The mids are smoother in the TDK. The BA-200 is known for it's lush smooth mids, and that they do have. The mids on the OM Audio as i said before are clear, aggressive and in your face. So clarity goes to the OM Audio. Instrument separation is slightly better with the OM audio, while the BA-200 is more friendly to male and female voices. If the mids of the BA-200 are cream, then the OM Audio are margarine. The high end is NO CONTEST. The OM Audio is present, extended, and timbre accurate in the highs, while the BA-200 has very laid back highs. The treble is present and accounted for, but the Om Audio treble is the kid sitting in the front of the class raising his hand, while the BA-200 is the smart shy kid sitting quietly in the back of the classroom. I think of all the IEM's, the TDK BA-200 and TDK IE800 are the closest to the balanced and forward attack of the OM Audio InEarPeace. This along with the JVC FXT90, but without the bass presence of the JVC. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #26 of 64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsu_8UwapEI&list=PL_ejXIzP7qOCGCodJyyRF_7GctAn0DUAW

Bob Marley - Legend 

Listening through the OM Audio InEarPeace

Join me. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #27 of 64
  Let me do this with a quick flourish, because I'll write up a more detailed review in the coming days, but for quick comparison :

VSonic GR07 : The mids are more lush and laid back with the GR07. The bass is more present and linear in the OM Audio. Treble is less sibilant in the OM audio, but GR07 tends to have slightly more detail, but that's probably from having more lush mids and brighter/hotter treble. Similar soundstage. Om Audio slightly more resolving and faster. 

HiFiMan RE-400 : Transparency and resolution goes to the RE-400. Bass is won by the Om Audio hands down. The bass is weightier, more lively, and digs deeper. Mids are slightly behind with the Om Audio, but once again the treble is livelier and more resolving than the RE-400. Timbre is better with the Om Audio, with soundstage slightly better with the RE-400, but only slightly more. 

Ultimate Ears TF10 : Soundstage and transparency go to the TF10. Bass is another no contest. Though both IEM's share a similar bass tone and weight, the LF driver of the OM Audio is more natural and has more heft. The bass of the TF 10 is plasticky and has the typical BA bass sound. So the bass of the OM, though maybe not as fast, is more convincing and engaging. The mids are also no contest. The mids of the OM Audio are not recessed, and are actually quite lively and very JVC FXT90 like. Slightly aggressive, with a bit of grain in the upper mids, which negates any smoothness, but has a forward presentation that makes guitars have edge and bite, and come alive. None of this applies to the TF10. The treble is slightly more clear and extended on the TF10. I chalk this up to the BA driver on the hybrid having to share frequencies with the mids, while the TF10 has a dedicated HF driver. So edge to the TF10, but again, the treble is tuned more realistically and less plastic coated than the TF10. 

haven't received the the DUNU DN-1000 yet..so can't compare. 

TDK BA-200 : Bass is a toss up. The Bass of the TDK is so smooth and fluent. Though it can't dig as deep as the OM Audio, it can articulate better, with more speed. The mids are smoother in the TDK. The BA-200 is known for it's lush smooth mids, and that they do have. The mids on the OM Audio as i said before are clear, aggressive and in your face. So clarity goes to the OM Audio. Instrument separation is slightly better with the OM audio, while the BA-200 is more friendly to male and female voices. If the mids of the BA-200 are cream, then the OM Audio are margarine. The high end is NO CONTEST. The OM Audio is present, extended, and timbre accurate in the highs, while the BA-200 has very laid back highs. The treble is present and accounted for, but the Om Audio treble is the kid sitting in the front of the class raising his hand, while the BA-200 is the smart shy kid sitting quietly in the back of the classroom. I think of all the IEM's, the TDK BA-200 and TDK IE800 are the closest to the balanced and forward attack of the OM Audio InEarPeace. This along with the JVC FXT90, but without the bass presence of the JVC. 

Thank you, so, so much! Incredibly detailed comparisons. This is the most generous response I've ever read on a message board. So elaborate that I decided to check out all the reviews you've written. I'm sure your OM Audio review will grab the attention of many. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #28 of 64
  Thank you, so, so much! Incredibly detailed comparisons. This is the most generous response I've ever read on a message board. So elaborate that I decided to check out all the reviews you've written. I'm sure your OM Audio review will grab the attention of many. 

Thank you good sir, and you're welcome. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #29 of 64
Thanks for the detailed info @IEMagnet01!

Just ordered a pair from OneCall for $120 + free ship using the "moe" checkout  code. Seem like a great value.

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #30 of 64
Thanks for the detailed info @IEMagnet01!

Just ordered a pair from OneCall for $120 + free ship using the "moe" checkout  code. Seem like a great value.

You're welcome, and it's a great deal. I think you'll be very pleased. They synergize with iPod and iPhones with amazing results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back