Olympic Games 2008 thread - Sports only!
Aug 16, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #106 of 160
Some of you guys might want to put spoilers on results. Many of us, watch via tape delay. I wasn't smart to read this thread and would of guessed Bolt would of won anyway.

It should be a good meet. One of the U.S. analysts stated that it was the fastest Olympic tracks he can recall.

Aug 16, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #108 of 160
One gold and one silver medal to Norway today.
Quite nice olympic day I must day.
biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #109 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Usain Bolt: 9.69s

i saw the race and it was incredible...he stopped running like 10m before the finish...add +2m/s of wind and he wil probably go under the 9.60 mark...now i'm looking forward to the 200m...i wonder if he is going to beat another WR....
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #112 of 160
Liu Xiang, Athen's 110m hurdles winner and most famous person in China, drops out due to an injury and couldn't even compete in the first run. You cannot imagine the immense disappointment pretty much everybody in China is feeling right now. No matter the other gold medals, but this was the gold medal to get and it was supposed to be his Olympics. In Beijing these days you couldn't walk 100m without seeing his face on some kind of banner ad. And he's a really nice guy, too. Ahhhh to bad.

Aug 18, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #114 of 160
Go Australia!!! kudos to michael phelps in the pool!

Aug 18, 2008 at 11:28 AM Post #116 of 160
A 14 year old Chinese gymnast just won a gold medal and the Chinese website I linked to earlier which cited her true age suddenly gives me a 404 error.
tongue.gif

Aug 18, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #117 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottyyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love watching you Americans play basketball. You're so good at it, it's crazy

Wish I was good enough to play for the Redeem Team.
biggrin.gif
I'm surprised they haven't been mentioned yet for the show they have put on. It has been jaw dropping in a couple of spots.

Lately I have enjoyed watching the Brits compete in short track cycling. Plus, I like viewing the French men play handball. They're good.

Aug 18, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #118 of 160
Just saw Elena Isinbaeva made a new world record (5.05m) for woman pole vault and won herself a gold medal. All I can say is her final jump is simply amazing.

Aug 18, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #119 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A 14 year old Chinese gymnast just won a gold medal and the Chinese website I linked to earlier which cited her true age suddenly gives me a 404 error.
tongue.gif

I can not agree with you. If you have time, please watch the following video link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUGx-R90Tpo

In 2003, Yuyuan Jiang was 12 years old. Linlin Deng was 11. In another words, their age don't have problem. The website you mentioned was WRONG.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Aug 19, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #120 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The website you mentioned was WRONG.

How am I supposed to know it's wrong if it's a Xinhua article posted on Sina? And one that suddenly disappears after He wins gold. And where in the youtube video should I pay attention to? I don't have time to watch an entire documentary to find what you're referring to.

Huffington Post article on He Kexin's age with plenty of evidence

If you've got other evidence, please bring them forward.

Of course, none of this would have mattered if the US had won the competition, and it doesn't matter if other people are breaking rules elsewhere or have done so in the past: rules are rules and that's especially true for the host nation. I'd rather have China win two gold medals less than me having to deal with long-winded conversations about China again and again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back