Okay this infuriates me...
Mar 4, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #61 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naris
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4761294.stm

This is horrible. Now I was wondering HOW the government can take away so many freedoms and rights from the American people. I figured the American (general) public was actually fairly intelligent, and knew their own rights. I guess not...

EDIT: I apologize for posting this, it just upsets me terribly.

to me, these results are related to the controversies around any "IQ test" such as the SAT. (the controversy is that these tests discriminate against those who are not native to america.) heck, i was born here and i couldn't tell you any of these 5 freedoms either. can't name too many simpsons either though. does this mean i'm not american, or even that i'm uneducated? no. i've gotten a's in most all my classes, including history and all that. i just could care less about naming 5 freedoms. but i know what America represents to me. and that's all that matters.

this study is just bullcrap and doesn't mean anything about the american people.

know why tv personalities are more memorable than the 5 freedoms?--cause we live our freedoms everyday. it is so much a part of america there's no need to call them out day to day.

Mar 4, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #62 of 64
Quote:

Yeah, you might be shot and/or tortured, but Christians wouldn't be burning down buildings, causing riots and killing random people over a simple cartoon. Many Christians around the world feel persecuted, do you see them going around starting up another "Crusade"? I feel that there is a lot of built up tension in the Muslim world that needs to be let out, albeit at a different avenue than physical violence.

As I said, the people burning down buildings and killing random people aren't Muslims, as I said before. They're idiots.

Quote:

Really!
They all need to get laid then go slam a few beers...

No drinking :p.

Mar 4, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #63 of 64
Quote:

As I said, the people burning down buildings and killing random people aren't Muslims, as I said before. They're idiots.

well organized and well funded idiots.Bombs and bullets are not cheap yet there is no shortage of the means to kill fellow humans while everyone lives in squallor.
Maybe it is time the radicals turn the guns around and aim at the real villians here.The ones keeping them down in perpetuity while those same live like kings

Mar 4, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #64 of 64
Yes our school system is a disgrace, *but* in addition to blaming them and the students, let's not forget the *parents*. God forbid little Johnny comes home with a C a D or an F! Woe to the teacher with the shear nerve to grade the kid according to his actual performance.
rolleyes.gif
Parents go ballistic nowadays, it's not their child's fault or problem, it's that lousy teacher that gave them the bad grade! Look at how competitive parents are on the baseball and soccer fields. If the ref calls a foul on their precious perfect little jewel, they're likely to get a sock in the jaw. Is this healthy for the child's development in the long run? I don't think so.

We're going to have a generation of kids with no sense of adversity because it's all been removed from their paths by over-protecting parents, and a false sense of "accomplishment" for merely swimming through the system. They've never heard the word "no". Merely showing up results in "success" and reward. But for what?

Then they get in the real world with no skills, and an overinflated sense of their own value, and promptly fall flat on their precious pampered little faces. And in a way it's not entirely their fault. The system let them down, and their parents let them down, too. But we'll all be paying the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back