Okay this infuriates me...
Mar 1, 2006 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

Naris

500+ Head-Fier
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4761294.stm

This is horrible. Now I was wondering HOW the government can take away so many freedoms and rights from the American people. I figured the American (general) public was actually fairly intelligent, and knew their own rights. I guess not...

EDIT: I apologize for posting this, it just upsets me terribly.

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #2 of 64
Not at all surprising. One would hope that the freedom's would have done better but there is no way they could win.

Pitting them against the simpsons they were set up to lose. They are one of the biggest cultural phenomena of our times. At least pit them against futurama.

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:57 AM Post #3 of 64
I have to admit I only can remember 3 of the 5, but 20% thought freedom to own a pet was one??
rolleyes.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #5 of 64
What if you know both equally well?
icon10.gif

I know I do because most of courses are concentrated in constitutional law (American and comparative), and I'm a Simpsons fanatic.

Mar 1, 2006 at 11:48 AM Post #9 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naris
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4761294.stm

This is horrible. Now I was wondering HOW the government can take away so many freedoms and rights from the American people. I figured the American (general) public was actually fairly intelligent, and knew their own rights. I guess not...

EDIT: I apologize for posting this, it just upsets me terribly.

I'm glad you're so upset about it...I don't have time to worry about if people know the Constitution or the Simpsons better.

Keep up the good fight!

Mar 1, 2006 at 12:44 PM Post #11 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
It's freedom of speech, press, assembly, religion, and petition....

And you have the right to have a dachshund only if you know the above.
biggrin.gif

Actually, only if is politically correct, serves a coporate agenda, meets fire codes, doesn't piss off anyone too bad, and involves the lottery.

wink.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 1:35 PM Post #13 of 64
you should be even more infuriated that our high schools and universities are graduating idiots,functional illiterates that can barely read at the fifth grade level because they don't want to hurt any feeling or piss off the parents who are paying the tuition.
Rather than doing their job and failing those who are learning nothing we are instead headed for a generation of numbskulls that can not walk and chew gum at the same time and if someone ever takes away their electronic toys would not be able to function in daily life.

How can they know what our rights and how/why this nation was founded when they can not even read the damn text and american history is no longer being taught in american schools because it is not PC ?

Damn glad I will be deep in the ground when this nation of fools has their day in the sun
rolleyes.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:17 PM Post #15 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
It's just not right. Blame it on you know who.

Bose?
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back