Ok guys narrowed down to 2 now
Dec 30, 2009 at 8:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

rydude07

New Head-Fier
Hey guys! Sorry for keep on starting new threads but have decided between 2 headphones.

Shure se115

or

Klipsch s4

I can get both of them for the same price (around $60)

I listen to R and B and rap a lot and quite a bit of rock (like lady gaga, coldplay, deathcab for cutie, green day, jack johnson, taylor swift) etc.

Also, dont know if it matters but I think I will take out my headphones often like during class but will put them in during my breaks in between classes.

I keep going back to shure for their name lol.

Which do you guys like? I am coming from stock ipod earbuds and have used cx300 before and sony ex75 and have thought they were not bad, but that was a long time ago so I forgot what they soudned like lol.

So of these which would you choose and why? I want them to be durable as well since my sennheisers and sonys broke in less than 1 year.

Also, the shures retail for about $40 bucks more than the klipsch yet I can get both for the same price which makes me want to get the shure.

Thanks for you help guys! I truly truly appreciate it
smily_headphones1.gif
(also I got sony ex tips and was wondering if I could use them for the shures or the klipschs?

Thanks guys!!!!
L3000.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #2 of 40
I don't know about the s4 but I was terribly unimpressed by the se115. They still hold the sad record of smallest soundstage in any IEM I've heard. Just my 2c.
triportsad.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #3 of 40
Well, as a segway from james444's criticism, I'd like to assert the S4s awesomeness in the rap and hiphop I listen to {see: Del, Jurassic5, A Tribe Called Quest, Kool Keith etc.}

Also, I don't listen to any of the same artists as you {except for Coldplay}, but I don't doubt that the S4's will perform well with them.

Enjoy whichever you decide to go with.

Dec 30, 2009 at 10:21 AM Post #4 of 40
Wow thanks for the quick replies! I will definitely take your guy's opinions into my consideration.

If this helps, other than Rap and R & B ( I love Ne-yo and usher), and other than the music i listed above, I also like the killers, rob thomas, kelly clarkson, leona lewis linkin park, 30 seconds to mars, fort minor, ben folds five etc.

Also, will sony's ex tips fit on the shure or the klipsch?

I am going to buy one or the other soon so any more opinions are appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #7 of 40
Haven't heard the SE115's, but my S4's are pretty good. Still breaking them in (about 50 hours now), and they're sounding much better. They're good fun-sounding IEMs, and I'm using them with Shure olives.

Dec 30, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #8 of 40
I love the bass on some of Ushers greatest hits and I bet your gonna like the way the S4 handles hip hop and rap. I have most albums of the rock music listed and between the S4 and the SE115, the Klipsch is the way to go.

Dec 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #9 of 40
The Shures are going to have a colder sound, with less low-end. Between the two, the S4s are *definitely* the better bet.

Now... where can you get them for $60?!?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #10 of 40
Well sound earphones have a 20% off right now until the 31st
smily_headphones1.gif

wow seems like no one reccomends that shure se115. I guess I will go for the klipsch. Seems that the shure se115 is not popular at all and was kinda disappointed that no one recommended it because I was going to get it lol.

The better overall headphone is the klipsch right? More than the shure like for classical and light rock etc? And do you know if you can put the sony tips on either of those phones?

Dec 31, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #11 of 40
Well I don't know about the Sony Tips, but I do know that Klipsch has IME the most comfortable eartips of any IEM I have owned. They pop right in and out without any problems, do not irritate my ears, yet they stay snug and have good, but not incredible isolation.

I strongly recommend you give the included Klipsch Eargels a try before switching to other eartips.

Dec 31, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #12 of 40
The se115 actually have a stong bass. Much more so than any other shure budget iem.
I would not compare the s4 to the se 115.......I am not arguing with the folks that say go for the s4, I am simply giving you a different perspective. I much prefer the se115, and gave the s4's away. Actually, I give most all budget iem's away after evaluation, so me keeping the se115, means I enjoy it enough to wear it while working out.

Dec 31, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #15 of 40
wow thanks again for all your help! Man I have to order by tomorrow and I am still undecided lol. I just tried my girlfriend's skullcandy ink'd (yah i know terrible) but the bass was good. I dont need like ultimate bass, just would like some with rap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back