Ok guys narrowed down to 2 now
Dec 31, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by rydude07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow thanks again for all your help! Man I have to order by tomorrow and I am still undecided lol. I just tried my girlfriend's skullcandy ink'd (yah i know terrible) but the bass was good. I dont need like ultimate bass, just would like some with rap.

S4's sound fine with rap.

Dec 31, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #17 of 40
I just purchased the S4's and they are burning right now. I have 21 hours on them right now and I am very impressed. I do not have an extensive background to compare them to but to me they are better than the X5's that I had. I purchased X5's for 90.00 brand new an these for 80.00, so price was not a factor...the S4's sound better to me and if what everyone is saying is true about how much better they sound after 80+ hours of burn in then I will be even happier.

Dec 31, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #18 of 40
Wow more votes on the s4. Well I will let you guys know what i decide on. Still having trouble deciding...dont know why lol.

I am also looking at the future sonics m8 (on sale but really stretching my budget) Too bad they are kind of ugly and heard they will only last for 1 or 2 years because the memory foam or rubber will rot or whatever, and if i pay $100, I for sure want them to last 2 years at the least. -__-

Dec 31, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #19 of 40
There's a reason why I have the Image S4i: amazingly clear and strong bass. There's a slight sibilance problem at first but after 25-30 hours of use it usually goes away.
smile_phones.gif

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #21 of 40
The bass on the S4's are completely adequate. I'm listening to tool on them right now, and they reproduce the drums very well and with a nice depth without sacrificing the mids or highs. The S4's are very good at showing the texture of the sound, and in that way they are very accurate. To get similar quality from Shure, you would have to get one of the higher-end models like the 210 or above.

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by XAlexander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The S4's are very good at showing the texture of the sound, and in that way they are very accurate.

For average $80 IEMs, I guess. Some stuff does sound really good, but some stuff just doesn't sound natural at all. With accuracy, texture, and sounding "real," RE0's blow them away. The S4's are weird to me. They'll sound almost perfect on one song, but grainy and almost distorted on the next. Glad they're my backup pair.

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by bba1973 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For average $80 IEMs, I guess. Some stuff does sound really good, but some stuff just doesn't sound natural at all. With accuracy, texture, and sounding "real," RE0's blow them away. The S4's are weird to me. They'll sound almost perfect on one song, but grainy and almost distorted on the next. Glad they're my backup pair.

That's interesting. Have you figured out the reason for this inconsistency?

Dec 31, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by XAlexander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's interesting. Have you figured out the reason for this inconsistency?

Because they're S4's, maybe? Apparently they just can't accurately reproduce certain frequencies. They're not bad IEMs, but for me, they're not quite all they're hyped up to be. The issue isn't with the music or the source, it's with the S4's. If you don't believe me, get some better IEMs and compare them with the S4's.

Dec 31, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Because they're S4's, maybe? Apparently they just can't accurately reproduce certain frequencies. They're not bad IEMs, but for me, they're not quite all they're hyped up to be. The issue isn't with the music or the source, it's with the S4's. If you don't believe me, get some better IEMs and compare them with the S4's.

Would you say the se115s are better then?

Dec 31, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #26 of 40
Quote:

Would you say the se115s are better then?

See post #7:

Quote:

Haven't heard the SE115's

Jan 1, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #27 of 40
He did not say anything about the SE115's being better. But maybe leaning more toward the RE0 ( Head-Direct.com | YUIN )
But we are looking to get the better IEM for the bass qualities and amount of it.
I would recomend reading reviews to find which one you like (comfort, sound, build qualities, price, warranty), maybe it will help because its so hard to choose which one is better.

Jan 1, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modifiedz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He did not say anything about the SE115's being better. But maybe leaning more toward the RE0 ( Head-Direct.com | YUIN )
But we are looking to get the better IEM for the bass qualities and amount of it.
I would recomend reading reviews to find which one you like (comfort, sound, build qualities, price, warranty), maybe it will help because its so hard to choose which one is better.

Aside from bass quantity, RE0's kill the S4's. The S4's sound fake, unnatural, and cartoonish in comparison, IMO. If you have access to good EQ, especially one with precut (to eliminate distortion caused by the EQ), RE0's can get pretty close to the S4's in bass quantity (beefier, more fun but less neutral sound) and still beat them at everything else. The S4's sound better after listening to them for 10 minutes or so, but going from RE0's and switching to S4's immediately is almost painful. It's almost like eating a steak, taking a sip of your drink, and then looking down at your plate to find the steak replaced with a Hardee's cheeseburger. I like both, but I like one much better than the other (that goes for the food analogy and the IEMs).

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #29 of 40
Quote:

oh Thats good to hear. man that seems like everyone votes for the s4 except 1 for the se115. Interesting. have a lot to think about. Gah im so indecisive!

you're making this much harder than it is, since money isn't a big concern, why not look into some triple.fi 10's you won't have to wonder if you're getting a good value at the current pricing. If you don't like them, you will easily get back what you paid. At the current pricing there is not a better value on the iem market right now. (in my opinion)

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #30 of 40
LOL. I dont wanna spend more than 100.

The RE0s are nice, but i dont like how they are like made in china on their and seems to not have the quality as Shures or Klipsch. I could be totally wrong though lol.

I am leaning towards the s4 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back