OHIO Meeting?Columbus/Cincy/Cleveland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #196 of 293
It's looking more likely that I'll be able to attend the meet. I know it's probably asking a lot, but if someone could post a master list of all the gear that'll be there I'd appreciate it. It's probably best to post that around the middle of next week so the list doesn't have to be updated repeatedly. :) I'll decide what I'm bringing down based on the master list. Also, if there are any specific requests let me know. I might be able to fulfill some of them if we have it at the office.

Oct 15, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #197 of 293
It's looking more likely that I'll be able to attend the meet. I know it's probably asking a lot, but if someone could post a master list of all the gear that'll be there I'd appreciate it. It's probably best to post that around the middle of next week so the list doesn't have to be updated repeatedly. :) I'll decide what I'm bringing down based on the master list. Also if there are any specific requests, let me know. I might be able to fulfill some of them if we have it at the office.

I haven't seen one being brought, but anything ZMF ... Eikon or Atticus I'd be excited to listen to.

Oct 15, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #198 of 293
I think these things are pretty open. So probably no need to confirm anything unless you're really keen on bringing stuff. Just come and enjoy the event.

Rick was asking for people to pm him to confirm.

Please PM if you are coming and what gear are you going to bring.

IF you have a extension cord , folding table or chair that you can bring let me know in your PM.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #199 of 293
Wed. October 25th 9:25am
I am closing the vent as of now do demand and limited listening space. This is assuming that everyone comes that has said they are attending.

I will have to look for a new venue next year or I will be glad to go to Columbus or Cleveland for a local event hosted there.

Current compilation from the thread of people who said they are bringing gear.
Mr. Speakers Aeon
HIFIMAN HE 400I Dekoni Earpads
Ifi Black Label Dac Amp
Periodic Audio BE IEM's[/COLOR]
Audiofly AF180 Universal In-Ear Monitor

Schiit Mjolnir 2
Schiit Mjolnir 1 (maybe)
Schiit Gungnir MB + USB Gen 5
Sennheiser HD800 stock (balanced cable)
Pro Co Sound Switch Witch (maybe)

HD800S (w/ stock or balanced cable)
HD650
DT150
Bifrost Uber
Modi 2 Uber
Tricked out Bottlehead Crack (oodles of mods + component upgrades)
Vintage NAD 3020 receiver
Sennheiser HD800S
Sennheiser HD700
Sennheiser HD600
MrSpeakers Aeon Closed-Back
MrSpeakers Aeon Open-Back - On order. I will bring them if they come in before the meet.
Monoprice M1060
Philips Fidelio X2 (if I don't return it by then)
Philips SHP9500S
Status Audio CB-1
Custom Symphones V7/Grado build

DAC/Amps:
ifi micro iDSD BL
Oppo HA-2SE
xDuoo XD-05
FiiO Q1

Amps:
Garage 1217 Project Ember II (with different tubes)
Garage 1217 Project Polaris
Little Dot MkIII

Little Dot MkIII
MRSpeakers Alpha dog
Fostex TH X00 PH
Phillips SHP9500
Along with all my vintages like
Kenwood KH-71
Yamaha YH-2
AKG K240 600 ohm
Sennheiser hd 450 II & 480
Ultrasone HFI-700
Pioneer monitor 10

AKG K240, Sennheiser HD 555, Sennheiser HD 558, Sony MDR-7506

Theta Basic IIIa
EC Zana Deux Super
HD650 modded
HE-500 modded
Stax SRA-3S
Stax Lambda Normal Bias
Schiit Modi + Asgard

Schiit Modi + Asgard
HD650
DT880 (32 ohm)

Focal Elears
AQ Nighthawks
DT-770 Pro, 250 ohms
SHP9500
Status Audio CB-1
NFB 11.28
iFi DSD Black Label
Sc
DAC:
Lavry Gold DA924
Mytek Manhattan II

Amp
Headamp BHSE

Headphone:
Stax SR009
Focal Utopia
Philips X1
hiit Fulla 2
ZMF Eikons, garage 1217 project horizon, and a modi multibit.
DT770 Pro 80Ohm
Modi2U + Magni2U
Laptop+Tidal
Hifiman HE400i
Oppo HA2 (non-SE)
AudioQuest NightOwl (if I get it in time - snailmail soon to be in transit)...
Topping DX7 (also if I get it in time - snailmail soon to be in transit)...

Philips Fidelio X2
Philips A5 Pro (modded)
Sennheiser Momentum v1
SoundMAGIC HP200
Philips SHL3300 (modded)
JVC HA-RX900 (modded)
Meizu HD50 (stock & open modded)
Bluedio T3+ (open modded, bluetooth delete)
FiiO E12A Mont Blanc
Xduoo X3 w/Rockbox

Current list and please note if this is your stuff you mentioned that your bringing. A folding chair, table , powerstrip and extension cord will be helpful since we have alot of stuff listed that people are bringing.

I will update this next Sunday so Axel can see what stuff he can fill in from the HEad-Fi office. I am excited that we will be having a great event .
My Office is in a State Farm Office building and the entrance is on the south endo the building .

Hasemeier Health
345 North Main Street
Springboro Ohio 45066

I would recommend to get off at the Austin Blvd exit on I-75 due to some other construction. and go south on 741 then my office will be on your left after 4 traffic lights.

Rick

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #200 of 293
Mr. Speakers Aeon
HIFIMAN HE 400I Dekoni Earpads
Ifi Black Label Dac Amp
Periodic Audio BE IEM's[/COLOR]
Audiofly AF180 Universal In-Ear Monitor

Schiit Mjolnir 2
Schiit Mjolnir 1 (maybe)
Schiit Gungnir MB + USB Gen 5
Sennheiser HD800 stock (balanced cable)
Pro Co Sound Switch Witch (maybe)

HD800S (w/ stock or balanced cable)
HD650
DT150
Bifrost Uber
Modi 2 Uber
Tricked out Bottlehead Crack (oodles of mods + component upgrades)
Vintage NAD 3020 receiver
Sennheiser HD800S
Sennheiser HD700
Sennheiser HD600
MrSpeakers Aeon Closed-Back
MrSpeakers Aeon Open-Back - On order. I will bring them if they come in before the meet.
Monoprice M1060
Philips Fidelio X2 (if I don't return it by then)
Philips SHP9500S
Status Audio CB-1
Custom Symphones V7/Grado build

DAC/Amps:
ifi micro iDSD BL
Oppo HA-2SE
xDuoo XD-05
FiiO Q1

Amps:
Garage 1217 Project Ember II (with different tubes)
Garage 1217 Project Polaris
Little Dot MkIII

Little Dot MkIII
MRSpeakers Alpha dog
Fostex TH X00 PH
Phillips SHP9500
Along with all my vintages like
Kenwood KH-71
Yamaha YH-2
AKG K240 600 ohm
Sennheiser hd 450 II & 480
Ultrasone HFI-700
Pioneer monitor 10

AKG K240, Sennheiser HD 555, Sennheiser HD 558, Sony MDR-7506

Current list and please note if this is your stuff you mentioned that your bringing. A folding chair, table , powerstrip and extension cord will be helpful since we have alot of stuff listed that people are bringing.

I will update this next Sunday so Axel can see what stuff he can fill in from the HEad-Fi office. I am excited that we will be having a great event .
My Office is in a State Farm Office building and the entrance is on the south endo the building .

Hasemeier Health
345 North Main Street
Springboro Ohio 45066

I would recommend to get off at the Austin Blvd exit on I-75 due to some other construction. and go south on 741 then my office will be on your left after 4 traffic lights.

Rick
In regards to my HD800S, I was not planning on bringing the balanced XLR cable. If someone is bringing a balanced amp and would like me to bring that cable, I certainly can. I would just prefer to leave it in the box at home if it won't be needed.

I should also add that I have quite a few IEMs that I can bring if people would like to try them (given they bring their own tips). There's a lot but the full list of what I currently have is written up in my personal details on my profile. If no one wants me to bring anything specific, I will just bring a couple of my favorites.

EDIT: Just noticed the Mjolnir 2 in that list which has a balanced output (I think). I'll bring the balanced cable if anyone wants me to.
EDIT 2: I returned the Philips Fidelio X2 so I will not be bringing those.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #201 of 293
[snip]

I sent you a PM and posted earlier in this thread - just want to make sure it's cool if I bring my gear! Thanks for hosting, looking forward to the event.

Oct 16, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #202 of 293
It's looking more likely that I'll be able to attend the meet. I know it's probably asking a lot, but if someone could post a master list of all the gear that'll be there I'd appreciate it. It's probably best to post that around the middle of next week so the list doesn't have to be updated repeatedly. :) I'll decide what I'm bringing down based on the master list. Also, if there are any specific requests let me know. I might be able to fulfill some of them if we have it at the office.

Id love to demo the Schiit Jotunheim if possible. Need a DAC/AMP with one power supply to sace on power once im traveling.
I will also be bringing a Kill-a-watt and measureing power used by the dacs and amps used at the meet as long as the owners dont mind me doing so. Agian, for the same purpose.

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #204 of 293
My friend is going to make the trek down with me as well, he's not on head-fi but he has the following gear to bring:

Schiit Modi + Asgard
Starving Student
HD650
DT880 (32 ohm)

Oct 17, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #205 of 293
This looks like it's shaping up to be an awesome event. Glad so many people are going to be there. I'm beginning to feel the excitement.

My friend is going to make the trek down with me as well, he's not on head-fi but he has the following gear to bring:

Schiit Modi + Asgard
Starving Student
HD650
DT880 (32 ohm)
I've never heard a Beyer headphone before; definitely will be looking forward to hearing that.

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #206 of 293
Exciting news! The Aeon Open came in today!

I will definitely be bringing them. Glad they weren't delayed like the closed-back model was.
hduBzdRl.jpg

Oct 18, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #207 of 293
Wow looks like a great meet. My wife is on call at the hospital that morning if she doesn’t have to go in(will know by 7:30) I will make the ride up. As I will be leaving from the hotel I probably won’t bring a lot of gear. It won’t be feasible to bring the Yggy and the only other dac I have is a Mojo so not all the amps will make it probably just the Kenzie for @Schwibbles and Liquid Carbon and maybe bring the stock ESP-950 setup sans Stax amp. I’ll bring a few headphones also not sure which ones but something. @AxelCloris if you could bring the AKG N90Q’s that would be most awesome if I make it that is.

Oct 19, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #209 of 293

Are there any ZMF headphones at the office? Eikon, Atticus, or Auteur?

WIll you be bringing your Ether Flow?

Oct 19, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #210 of 293
Are there any ZMF headphones at the office? Eikon, Atticus, or Auteur?

WIll you be bringing your Ether Flow?
@lac29 requested ZMF as well, so I was thinking about bringing the Eikon if another pair doesn't end up on the list. The same holds true for my Ether Flow. I'll only be able to bring so much gear with me, so I'm planning to bring products that are less likely to be in someone else's list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back