OHIO Meeting?Columbus/Cincy/Cleveland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #62 of 293
does anyone near Cincinnati have the Shure's KSE1500 electrostatic that willing to let others try them? I am impressed about what I heard from others here I would like to try them myself before I push the button.

I called shure, they told me to check with Guitar Center, I checked both the one in Cinci and in Florence, both told me they don't have them and one told me that even if they did they can't let me try them for some reason. I was told best place to try is at the NAMM

Sep 9, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #63 of 293
does anyone near Cincinnati have the Shure's KSE1500 electrostatic that willing to let others try them? I am impressed about what I heard from others here I would like to try them myself before I push the button.

I called shure, they told me to check with Guitar Center, I checked both the one in Cinci and in Florence, both told me they don't have them and one told me that even if they did they can't let me try them for some reason. I was told best place to try is at the NAMM

I don't personally know any Cincinnati Head-Fiers who own the KSE1500 but there may be one out there. The times I've been able to find them reliably have been at larger events like CanJams and AXPONA. There was a local meet in Chicago where one of the members had a pair with them but not since. In my experience Guitar Center won't typically let you demo IEMs before buying. I don't see Shure on the exhibitor list for RMAF so they may not even be attending the Denver show next month.

Good luck tracking down a pair, they're not too easy to find. If someone in the area has a set maybe you can convince them to bring them to a meet if we get one going.

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #65 of 293
Hey guys!
AxelCloris invited me to attend an Ohio meet a while back (since financially it was looking like I couldn't fly out to Denver this year), but I'd like to make the same offer to everyone here who might be interested:

My buddy bunnynamedfrank (Craig) and I found a high-end headphone store in the northern Pittsburgh area, got to talking with the owner there named Mark, and he has agreed to let us host a Head-Fi meet there. The nice part of having it in the store is there is lots of stuff available to demo! Mark even said he was getting more Elears and Utopias in, and some Questyle goodies! We have two date ranges set so far (one is an RMAF alternative), check out this thread for details:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/821324/pittsburgh-headphile-meet/0_30#post_12892203

Hope to see some of you guys there!

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #66 of 293
Just posted in that Pittsburgh thread. I had no idea that place existed. I literally live 25 minutes from there. I am one happy Yinzer! Thank you for this post!
:beerchug:

Hey guys!
AxelCloris invited me to attend an Ohio meet a while back (since financially it was looking like I couldn't fly out to Denver this year), but I'd like to make the same offer to everyone here who might be interested:

My buddy bunnynamedfrank (Craig) and I found a high-end headphone store in the northern Pittsburgh area, got to talking with the owner there named Mark, and he has agreed to let us host a Head-Fi meet there. The nice part of having it in the store is there is lots of stuff available to demo! Mark even said he was getting more Elears and Utopias in, and some Questyle goodies! We have two date ranges set so far (one is an RMAF alternative), check out this thread for details:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/821324/pittsburgh-headphile-meet/0_30#post_12892203

Hope to see some of you guys there!

Nov 14, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #68 of 293
Well given the changes we all experienced the last two we hosted ( one at the Delaware library and one at my old apartment at the time) I say we should think about getting this resurrected and have something going for the winter before all the snows come in.

Do we have someone willing to be a host? Parking, areas for a setup room, and location are all very important when getting the next meet going.

Jan 15, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #70 of 293
I would be interested  host or got to one in Cincinnati /Dayton or  Columbus Area. I could host one but I have limit  to say 15 people at my office in Springboro Ohio. I would like to experience different types of headphones and dac/amps . I very new to this interest and only have HIFIMAN HE 400I . I would like to think about begining of April if I host it. 

Let me know if there is any interest. 

Jan 15, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #71 of 293
I have never been to a meet before, but it would be very cool to meet other from here on the forums.....I am from Ohio and Columbus would be best for me...my only problem is finding the time, but may be able to swing it if it fell on the right day.

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #74 of 293
I'd be down to Cincy or Dayton Columbus is a maybe as I'm just south of Louisville and that is getting a bit too far even though I've went as far as Atlanta and Chicago but the wife has family in Chicago so it was a two for. As long as it is not April 8 weekend as that is CanJam SoCal I could probably be there. I'm a regular at the Nashville meets as there is nothing here in Louisville and the guys down there are just super well so are the ones in Chicago and Atlanta this community is full of really good folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back