Oh yes, amassed another headphone...
Aug 26, 2002 at 10:52 AM Post #31 of 52
Audio Technica open aire phones!!!

These cans has average specs of 48Ohm and 32 ohm.. and they sound very good even when driven from portable. Compared to my beyer Dt250-80.. I would prefer the Audiotechnica for travel, but it's kinda bigger though...

Soundwise, the treble is quite high but the bass is there, if u r looking for it. Goes deep and tight, (AT-AD7, I have tried listening to a pair, and many people knows that this is one of the best of AT's open air .. maybe u will love em!)

Aug 26, 2002 at 11:17 AM Post #32 of 52
Oh, I entirely agree about the ricer thing. But I'd personally put the V700's on the level of the WRX myself with the equivalent Germanic creations as the Mercedes C-class.

To those who know how to drive, I know which one I'd recommend...

Especially if you happen to have an S-class, a Jeep, a BMW and a Lexus sitting in the driveway as well
biggrin.gif

And Guyferd, travelling = closed.

Aug 26, 2002 at 11:26 AM Post #33 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Magicthyse
On the other hand, I have a £50 credit at the shop - they sell the 7506 for £120 - hmmm...

At £120, whilst still being quite good value for their sonic attributes, that shop is gonna be ripping you off in a huge way...

In the US, the V6 (which as we all know is the same as the 7506 minus a couple of cosmetic differences) works out to be £40!!

Even adding in the cost of shipping and suchlike, I still think that you'd get the V6 for about half the cost of the 7506 that you can get at your shop...

Aug 26, 2002 at 11:33 AM Post #34 of 52
smily_headphones1.gif

Non-DJ wearing V700's = "Major Poseur!"

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2002 at 11:39 AM Post #35 of 52
I've shopped around - you can't get it for less than £100 incl. VAT + shipping. I suppose I'll save about £35 in the long run with the V6 if I take into account duty and VAT.

But I don't see the point of doing this unless you're a real miser and willing to go thru the extra hassle. I'd much rather get something supported by a full warranty here if you can.

I'm going to see how the Beyers come up before I do anything else with a general purpose closed phone. The pair that I have are not in a listenable condition, but once I get it exchanged we'll see if it a) works off a portable, and b) is everything that it was cracked up to be.

I think I will probably change the V700 for an HDJ-1000 in the meanwhile though. No doubt I'll keep you posted
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2002 at 11:39 AM Post #36 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by jpelg
smily_headphones1.gif

Non-DJ wearing V700's = "Major Poseur!"

smily_headphones1.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Mais oui.

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2002 at 11:49 AM Post #37 of 52
Quote:

I've shopped around - you can't get it for less than £100 incl. VAT + shipping. I suppose I'll save about £35 in the long run with the V6 if I take into account duty and VAT.

But I don't see the point of doing this unless you're a real miser and willing to go thru the extra hassle. I'd much rather get something supported by a full warranty here if you can.

Being a miser, or being ripped off... its your call... I've had my V6 that I got from the US since may, and they're great can't grumble a bit, but when you square off the fact that those 7506, even at £100 are at the same price level as the HD580... then thats not so good a deal...

At the end of the day, so far as I see it, you'd be paying MORE money for the 7506 than you did for the V700... yes, they should sound better... but at that price point, they'll still sound... not so hot

Aug 26, 2002 at 1:21 PM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

Oh, I entirely agree about the ricer thing. But I'd personally put the V700's on the level of the WRX myself with the equivalent Germanic creations as the Mercedes C-class.

"I drive a WRX. I'm driven it for quite some time. The V700s are no WRX." -- Llyod Benson

I have to admit that after all the fuss that's been made about the V700s, I want to hear them. I believe Bestbuy carries them, but I don't know if they have a headphone listening station -- anyone know?

Aug 26, 2002 at 2:52 PM Post #39 of 52
If it's a noisy and rumbly listening station, more the better. That's where the V700's largely come into their own.

Aug 26, 2002 at 4:54 PM Post #40 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Snufkin
Here's the way I see it;
Imagine you got yourself a Hyundai Excel and riced it up, put a spoiler on it, mags, big exhaust end, fake scoop on the bonnet, extra trim and all sorts of other wanky bits.

The only people you're likely to impress are people who are impressed by riced up cars - and honestly, they're not worth impressing.

Now lets say for the same price you could get yourself a decent car that was built better, performed better, cost less, was more reliable, faster and overall better but after paying for the car you couldn't afford to rice it up so you're stuck with the off-the-floor look.

Sure, you're not going to impress the ricers out there, but you will probably gain the respect of those out there who know that you're driving the better car, plus when you leave the ricers for dust at the lights you'll know who has the better car.

Who matters more to you, the ricers, or the people that actually count?

Same goes for headphones - wear a pair that look great and sound terrible and you might get some 2nd looks from teeny boppers who know nothing about headphones (or good sound for that matter). Wear a pair that look utilitarian and sound fantastic and every time you walk past someone who knows what they're worth you'll share that knowing glance with them.

I know who I'd rather have the respect of.

Neither matter to me. If more people bought what they liked and what performed better, there'd be a higher standard of products in the market. Instead people use this kind of reasoning when they think about purchasing and are trying to second guess which commercials their friends watch.

When it comes to the audio stuff, most of my friends won't know a Koss headphone from a Stax Omega II. So even if I were the kind of person to want to impress people with my material posessions, this is NOT the area to concentrate my spending on.

Want to impress people? Do something nice for someone other than yourself.

Aug 26, 2002 at 6:48 PM Post #41 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan

At the end of the day, so far as I see it, you'd be paying MORE money for the 7506 than you did for the V700... yes, they should sound better... but at that price point, they'll still sound... not so hot

be careful duncan. blight over on headwize.com told me that "The MDR-V6 is really not suited for any type of music reproduction." so there it is. i'll of course be turning mine in at the local sony service center right away for disposal.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 26, 2002 at 7:01 PM Post #42 of 52
MacDEF: Points seen and taken (still not my opinion, but I can see yours, too...). But I guess we can agree, that people who have the chance to compare before purchase should definitely do so. And just because it wasn't brought up for too long: The K501 does have a noticable roll-off in the bass departement, doesn't it!?!
biggrin.gif

Greetings and grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Aug 26, 2002 at 7:29 PM Post #44 of 52
Btw, did I mention, that the golden rings on the earcups of the K240S provide the wearer with a very elegant, classic look?
wink.gif

Lini

Aug 26, 2002 at 7:37 PM Post #45 of 52
Quote:

But I'd personally put the V700's on the level of the WRX myself..

don't EVER insult my car like that, you swine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back