Oh where, oh where has my slim Arrow gone, oh where, oh where can it be?
May 3, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #526 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by GouldPhoto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guess what arrived today, and you only get 1 guess.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ordered Apr 4, 2010
Arrived May 3, 2010

Opening the package I am truly astonished at the size of this amp. I have seen the pictures and size comparisons but until you actually see/hold it....

Time to charge it up and give it a go.

Right on, GouldPhoto! Prepare to be astonished, relieved you didn't spend more, spoiled, and eventually, sympathetic for those who don't have one. (That's not a jab at folks enduring the wait post order - I'm talking about those who will never want or enjoy the SQ we're enjoying.) Did yours come with the updated case with "Arrow HE" lasered on the side?

May 3, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #527 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by GouldPhoto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guess what arrived today, and you only get 1 guess.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ordered Apr 4, 2010
Arrived May 3, 2010

Opening the package I am truly astonished at the size of this amp. I have seen the pictures and size comparisons but until you actually see/hold it....

Time to charge it up and give it a go.

Dangit... My 3/23/10 order still hasn't come. lol. Lucky!

May 3, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #528 of 892
Are you sure you ordered the 4th April, because from what Robert told me, new orders would be shipping end of May...

I actually ordered mine end of March, but I need to send back my old Lyrix first, before I get the Arrow...

May 3, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #529 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediaogre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right on, GouldPhoto! Prepare to be astonished, relieved you didn't spend more, spoiled, and eventually, sympathetic for those who don't have one. (That's not a jab at folks enduring the wait post order - I'm talking about those who will never want or enjoy the SQ we're enjoying.) Did yours come with the updated case with "Arrow HE" lasered on the side?

That is quite the emotional range. I already hit the following:
  • Astonished - When I truly realized how small and well built the amp is
  • Relieved - That I didn't spend the extra $100+ for some other slim amps.

More to come...

It has been a fun wait, reading the impressions and anxiety of receipt.

It came with the current black stealth case. Laser engraved case sent separately. Waiting for a full charge then adjourn to the comfy chair and start listening and flipping switches till the optimal sound is found.

May 3, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #530 of 892
I just dropped by my office and saw the package!!
biggrin.gif

Charging it right now... I have a 3 hour class in about an hour, so I'll get to listen to it after class, which unfortunately, wont be for another 6 hours, but oh well.

The amp itself really is remarkably small. It's longer than my previous Nuforce Icon Mobile, but it's not large to the point where it'll bother me.

The switches on the amp itself are alot more sturdy than they look. I was afraid they'd be flimsy, but they're not at all.

The Arrow I received is in the all black case. The website says the new Arrow case is to ship though. One other little thing I didn't expect, but was included in the package was a strip of that "Powerstrip" stuff in addition to the 4 velcro circles, which is nice if I plan on attaching the amp to my ipod. I'm excited!

edit: I realized it says right on the site that it'll include the powerstrips. lol.

Order Date: 3/23/10
Receive Date: 5/3/10

May 3, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #531 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by PANGES /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just dropped by my office and saw the package!!
biggrin.gif

Charging it right now... I have a 3 hour class in about an hour, so I'll get to listen to it after class, which unfortunately, wont be for another 6 hours, but oh well.

The amp itself really is remarkably small. It's longer than my previous Nuforce Icon Mobile, but it's not large to the point where it'll bother me.

The switches on the amp itself are alot more sturdy than they look. I was afraid they'd be flimsy, but they're not at all.

The Arrow I received is in the all black case. The website says the new Arrow case is to ship though. One other little thing I didn't expect, but was included in the package was a strip of that "Powerstrip" stuff in addition to the 4 velcro circles, which is nice if I plan on attaching the amp to my ipod. I'm excited!

edit: I realized it says right on the site that it'll include the powerstrips. lol.

Order Date: 3/23/10
Receive Date: 5/3/10

WOOHOO! We're picking up speed now!

@ PhotoGould and PANGES, head over to the Arrow Reviews thread after you've spent some quality time with yours.

May 3, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #533 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Opened up my mailbox this evening, whoo!!! A brown envelope from Deutschland. This thing is anorexic.
ksc75smile.gif

Excellent!! You'll find it isn't anemic though.
wink.gif
Enjoy, Whuwhere. You've been waiting a long time.

May 4, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #534 of 892
I've been trying to avoid this thread like the plague <not working>. It's making me even more anxious to see mine arrive.
popcorn.gif
biggrin.gif

May 4, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #536 of 892
@ h20buzz - It is infectious ain't it?
wink.gif

@ wuwhere - Robert says it doan need none of thet burn in crap.

May 4, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #538 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It does sound excellent OOTB.

Looking forward to your impressions with the D2!

Robert has replied tome saying new orders will be shipped in one month
frown.gif

May 4, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #539 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by merlinzeta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking forward to your impressions with the D2!

Robert has replied tome saying new orders will be shipped in one month
frown.gif

This may take a few days, I would like to familiar myself first with its sound then do some quick comparisons with my other portable amps.

That's one month plus transit time. I'm looking at the envelope, it was supposed to be shipped on April 10th but the post mark on the envelope says April 27th. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back