Oh where, oh where has my slim Arrow gone, oh where, oh where can it be?
Dec 26, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #17 of 892
I am retty sure you will not be disapointed. I love this thing. By the way I got mine shipped from Robert in Germany so maybe your's will be pretty fast. I loved Germany and Wurzburg was a nice place. Used to live in Worms, Karsruhe, Northern Muenster and Frankfurt. Retired out of the Army from Frankfurt. Beautiful place at Christmas time for sure.

Dec 27, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #19 of 892
Having held it I can assure you that it is very well made and feels solid to touch.

Jan 4, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #21 of 892
Please let me know your impressions with this amp. I would like to hear from someone else who has one.

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #22 of 892
I listened to it for about 3 hours when I went to bed yesterday. I used an imod and a pair of marklmodded Denod D2000 Deluxe. I had the gain on 1 and the crossfeed on 1. I liked it very much! I also have Ray Samuels Tomahawk, iBasso P3+, iBasso D10 and Meyer Corda Move3. I haven`t compared them, but I know that this arrow will get a lot of use. and the sleep function si very smart.

Jan 5, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #23 of 892
Yeah, I thought the configurations for the power switch was pretty cool and very functional. I like how it turns on with a sound signal and turns off without a sound signal. I also thought the three settings for the bass boost was a nice adjustment.

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #25 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by arirug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this is a great bargain! Tonight I will fall asleep with the Arrow, imod and a pair of Sennheiser HD600.

how does it compare to your other amps? does it drive hd600 better than move and p3+ ?

Jan 7, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #26 of 892
I tried to compare the iBasso D10, Meyer Move3 and the Headstage Arrow E with an imod and a pair of Sennheiser HD600. To me they all sounded very good! I am not capable of telling which one of them is best. But for one with better ears I guess that may be possible. But some of the features the Headstage Arrow E has, makes it my favorite for now! The sleep function and the fact that when you just start the music again, the amplifier starts by itself, is for me very important!

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #27 of 892
I agree with what Arirug said. I have tried other portable amps myself and I think the sound of this one is fantastic for the price. I love the sound this generates and probably cannot define it but I know what I like. I also like the way it is smaller, thinner and more portable than a bulky portable amp. I just received the DAC cable from Robert and I am very pleased with the DAC hooked up to the portable amp. Sound is very crisp and clean and the combination of the impedence and gain settings really makes for a fine sound. That is just my impression, in a few weeks I am going to replace my ESW10's so will be able to evaluate the sound from this amp a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back