Oh My God! Welcome to Grado Facility...
Sep 24, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #33 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think some of the dust around that place is at least 45 years old.
blink.gif

I had visions of a craftsmen creating my K701 in a clean-room. Now, after seeing Grado HQ, I know better.

Actually, this is fascinating information. I'd love to see a movie, Quicktime or otherwise, as they make a GS1K. It would fascinating, and great PR. I only wish there were more pics.

Thanks!

600smile.gif
600smile.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #34 of 87
after seeing those pics, i can understand why their quality control isn't so great. there's nothing wrong with 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' but considering all the new manufacturing methods and QC/QA plans that modern factories adopt because of customer requirements, grado's factory is really old school. i still love their headphones and will still purchase them but would love them even more if they were built with better quality.

Sep 24, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #35 of 87
Somehow I have a feeling that place doesn't meet ISO 9000 standards. Is that an old Marantz 7T with a couple of knobs missing? IIRC that's not a very good sounding preamp, compared to the 7C anyway.

Sep 24, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #36 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After seeing those pictures. The work condition where those headphones are made.

I will never buy Grados

i dont think you would want to eat out at all if you see how they cook
redface.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #37 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool. Kinda takes the mystique of headphones away though. I never imagined it was slew of hispanic women assembling them!
blink.gif

I see one woman in one picture that could be hispanic, or indian,or arabic or a mix of something........So where do you see this "slew of hispanic women"?
blink.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #38 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see one woman in one picture that could be hispanic, or indian,or arabic or a mix of something........So where do you see this "slew of hispanic women"?
blink.gif

And more to the point: Why would it matter?
blink.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #39 of 87
that is so cool
I am so happy to see that Grado products are created in a small lab with old tools by craftsmen. I think that products created on big assembly lines lose something- the individual effort put into each piece making it original. The heart of the designer comes off in the product i think - if things were perfect, the designer would create each headphone themselves. The closer you can stay to that, the better!
looks like Grados are made with love!

Sep 24, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #41 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Prejudice.

His loss.

Not really, i had the rs1, while sounding nice, i had a problem with the harsh highs. So i switched to sennheiser again and gained some by using the hd650.

Also, the grado rs1 is costing over 800 euro's over here, so compared to the 400 euro's of the hd650, the grado is a bit overpriced for what it delivers. The GS1k is even more expensive close 1200-1500 euro's!

But this is off topic.

Sep 24, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #42 of 87
man, and here I was thinking that my 225s were furnished from magical plastic magma drawn from the depths of mount mordor, with drivers made of stretched dragons wings and wires of the finest elvish silver, etc, etc...

Sep 24, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #43 of 87
Repost but still cool.... It must be so tempting for the employees to snatch a pair of rs1s or gs1000s :p

Sep 25, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #44 of 87
Quote:

Repost but still cool.... It must be so tempting for the employees to snatch a pair of rs1s or gs1000s :

With so few GS1000s in the bin, snatchage would take balls. (Oh, sorry if the ladies find my choice of words troubling.)

Sep 25, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #45 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXhalberstramXX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man, and here I was thinking that my 225s were furnished from magical plastic magma drawn from the depths of mount mordor, with drivers made of stretched dragons wings and wires of the finest elvish silver, etc, etc...

they are! This is just a cover business to make sure their trade secrets (crushed dragon nails and a hint of elvish silver) arent stolen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back