Official X5 2nd gen stable firmware thread--FW2.0: added library search function, Line Output level options, Recently Played playlist, ReplayGain
Sep 18, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #16 of 56
Here are some things I noticed with mine which are problematic:

1) when I use the X5II as a DAC and then unplug it, sometime it is not able to play songs any more (until I reset it).

2) when I play a m3u playlist, sometimes the X5II stops playing at the end of a song, without starting the next one. It was already an issue with the X5 1st gen and the X5II FW1.0 too. I see that it has not been corrected yet.

Hello Jedi,

For the first question, it should be solved if you hold the Back button (upper right) until the X5 exits the DAC screen before unplugging it.

:)
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 24, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #17 of 56
Hello Jedi,

For the first question, it should be solved if you hold the Back button (upper right) until the X5 exits the DAC screen before unplugging it.

:)
Joe

Thanks for this solution!

For any of those having trouble with speed of the UI related to album art; what resolution is the art of your track? I find that I haven't had significant slowdowns on 600x600px - 700x700px artwork tracks. I also only use JPEG on my tracks as well if that makes a difference.

Sep 25, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #18 of 56
Thanks for this solution!

For any of those having trouble with speed of the UI related to album art; what resolution is the art of your track? I find that I haven't had significant slowdowns on 600x600px - 700x700px artwork tracks. I also only use JPEG on my tracks as well if that makes a difference.

Hi, Jimmytryhard.
In general, the recommended pixel resolution of the album art is below 1024x1204 (up to 8192x8192 supported for jpg) for bmg and png(http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40480&page=1&extra=#pid107294). Pls be noted that, it is normal that the album art may be showed a bit slowly when changing the tracks, if playing the hi-res files.    

Oct 10, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #19 of 56
i have two issues with 1.1

1. when using eq, the menu lags a lot..like mentioned in previous post
2. when holding the upper left button, the file bitrate info is not displayed, only the file type is

i also hope in future firmware quick access to eq is added..

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #20 of 56
  Joe,

RE the OTG device: I am using the card reader that came with the X5 on the X5mkII.

Like others have been saying.  it does not advance to the next song.

Hi, Elric.
After the test, we have already confirmed this problem in the OTG connection, and it is a bug in the FW1.1. Sorry for that. 

Oct 13, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #21 of 56

2. when holding the upper left button, the file bitrate info is not displayed, only the file type is

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
1. Not sure what the menu lagging is referring to, could you pls provide more details? Or you meant the album art would be showed slowly when changing the tracks?
And if the EQ is set to OFF, the menu will be back to normal?

2. Kindly be noted that, only the file type, sample rate and bit depth will display on the screen when playing one song. The bitrate, such as 320 Kbps from the MP3 file, will not be showed. 

BTW, the menu lagging issue will also happen when running the previous firmware FW1.0?

Best Regards,
Shadow

Oct 16, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #22 of 56

1. Not sure what the menu lagging is referring to, could you pls provide more details? Or you meant the album art would be showed slowly when changing the tracks?

2. Kindly be noted that, only the file type, sample rate and bit depth will display on the screen when playing one song. The bitrate, such as 320 Kbps from the MP3 file, will not be showed. 

BTW, the menu lagging issue will also happen when running the previous firmware FW1.0?

Best Regards,
Shadow

hi,

in regards with menu lag, i mean every menu operation, scrolling, back/forth in sub-menus etc is much slower when eq is enabled. too much processing perhaps? i have not tested with version 1.0, but i'll check and revert..

in regards with the second issue, it would be very useful to also display bitrate, like it was on X3, especially when using mp3 files

Oct 17, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #23 of 56

Best Regards,
Shadow

Hi Shadow

One request is still unanswered – like many times it has brought up before: It would be great to have a quick access to the equalizer from the «now playing» screen (e.g. via upper left button context menu). This applies to all newer-generation players (X5, X5 II, X3 II). Can you please tell if it's possible to add it to the next firmware update(s)?

Thank you!

Oct 21, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #24 of 56
As it seems, there are a few topics FiiO refuses to take a stand on. One of them is the shortcut to the equalizer, the other is faster scrolling, maybe alphabetically.

Why is that so, Shadow?
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 21, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #25 of 56
  As it seems, there are a few topics FiiO refuses to take a stand on. One of them is the shortcut to the equalizer, the other is faster scrolling, maybe alphabetically.

Why is that so, Shadow?
confused_face_2.gif

It's probably not something confirmed or denied yet within their development team, and if FiiO were to put a statement out about it, then they would then be forced to develop such a thing immediately and be held responsible for their statements. They can't make you happy; if they say no, you rant, and it they say yes, you expect.

I would be a bit more sympathetic, as FiiO is currently extremely busy with the new release of the X7. I would think that their brand new flagship's success is paramount right now, rather than adding a few extra features to the UI of the X5ii.

While I too would like to see such features added, I don't have any expectations that FiiO will develop them within the immediate future. The X7's UI has to become stable enough to be released to the world market within a few days, and from what I hear, that's one of the main issues with it currently.

On a positive note, I would definitely not doubt that FiiO has noted your suggestion and will keep that on the list of things to investigate. I certainly don't think that FiiO would simply abandon the still-recent X5ii indefinitely.

Oct 22, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #26 of 56
There's no need for a definitive answer – which I wouldn't expect anyway. But any answer would be sympathetic. FiiO is busy since quite a while (actually the whole time), that's no explanation for the consistent lack of response to this topic or these topics since months.

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #28 of 56
  There's no need for a definitive answer – which I wouldn't expect anyway. But any answer would be sympathetic. FiiO is busy since quite a while (actually the whole time), that's no explanation for the consistent lack of response to this topic or these topics since months.

Hi, JaZZ. 
So sorry for my late reply. Yes, I already noted your suggestions about Shortcut to EQ and fast scrolling. And actually, I also passed them to our engineers when seeing your suggestions at that time. Currently, it seems that it is not easy for us to add this function of fast scrolling alphabetically. But our engineers still keep researching it.  As for the shortcut to EQ, it is still being discussed. 
So, it is too early to say yes or no now. And hope you can understand. 
normal_smile .gif

Anyway, once I am informed the accurated info, I will also let you guys know it asap. 

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #29 of 56

It's probably not something confirmed or denied yet within their development team, and if FiiO were to put a statement out about it, then they would then be forced to develop such a thing immediately and be held responsible for their statements. They can't make you happy; if they say no, you rant, and it they say yes, you expect.

I would be a bit more sympathetic, as FiiO is currently extremely busy with the new release of the X7. I would think that their brand new flagship's success is paramount right now, rather than adding a few extra features to the UI of the X5ii.

While I too would like to see such features added, I don't have any expectations that FiiO will develop them within the immediate future. The X7's UI has to become stable enough to be released to the world market within a few days, and from what I hear, that's one of the main issues with it currently.

On a positive note, I would definitely not doubt that FiiO has noted your suggestion and will keep that on the list of things to investigate. I certainly don't think that FiiO would simply abandon the still-recent X5ii indefinitely.

Hi, Jimmy. Thanks for your kind understanding. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #30 of 56
FiiO-Shadow, how about using the navigation buttons for scrolling a page at a time and the wheel for one item at a time when in the navigation menus? This would solve a lot of headaches for the customer and FiiO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back