Official X5 2nd gen stable firmware thread--FW2.0: added library search function, Line Output level options, Recently Played playlist, ReplayGain
Jan 18, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #46 of 56
Hmm... maybe try the 1.21beta mentioned above viper2377? You can always roll back to any previous version if you encounter any other problems :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 27, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #48 of 56
Help please, is there a way to reset the hardware. Or only through the menu "Factory reset"?
Or maybe there is service firmware for a complete reset?
Stop working USB connection as DAC and storage, only charged. Reaction to connect usb OTG present and show message about connection external storage. Contact with localy service center for now is not possible to :frowning2:

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #49 of 56
  Help please, is there a way to reset the hardware. Or only through the menu "Factory reset"?
Stop working USB connection as DAC and storage, only charged. Reaction to connect usb OTG present and show message about connection external storage. Contact with localy service center for now is not possible to :frowning2:

Hi Elay,

If your X5 is powered/locked up you can force a shutdown by holding the power button for 10-15 seconds, then power it back up.  Other than that, an actual factory reset can only be done through the settings menu.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #50 of 56

Oh, so sorry for the late reply. 

For you this case, pls try to do as what HK_sends said, and force a shutdown by pressing the X5II's power button 10-15 seconds. If the unit can be powered on normally, pls try to upgrade it to FW1.27beta, which is the latest beta firmware. Then test the DAC and storage mode again. 
Hope that helps. 

BTW, have you ever sending email to support@fiio.net, and there is no any response? If you don't mind, pls tell me your email account by the private message. 

Anyway, sorry for keeping you waiting so long. 

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #52 of 56
OK...
I'm now noticing I'm not getting gapless playback with some flac and wav rips. (I haven't tested the other formats)
I rolled back to firmware 1.2 and it's the same.
Nekromantik reported this as well so it's obviously a glitch.

I can't believe my brothers $60.00 Nano can play gaplessly and my $500.00 X5ii can't
mad.gif

Who do I contact?

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #53 of 56
  OK...
I'm now noticing I'm not getting gapless playback with some flac and wav rips. (I haven't tested the other formats)

I can't believe my brothers $60.00 Nano can play gaplessly and my $500.00 X5ii can't
mad.gif

Who do I contact?

First up - you're making a couple of generalisations, which if misconstrued by others is not really fair on FiiO.  I have my X5ii in front of me now.  It's playing Pink Floyd's "The Wall" album which is definitely gapless - 16/44 redbook FLAC.  There are no gaps - it is seamless.  It is also that way with aac files.  I haven't tested WAV.

• Are you sure its not your files?
  • Have you reset the X5ii and made sure gapless is turned on (I'd also turn everything else off just in case it is another setting)?
  • Have you tested the exact same files with another player?
  • What sample rate etc are the files which are not working - so I can replicate test on my own unit?  Is EQ on?  What about replay gain?

If you are certain it is the X5ii - then contact whoever you bought the player off.  Because it does work on a unit which is working properly

And it isn't obviously a glitch just because two people have reported it.  More than one have said it is working perfectly.  What it is at the moment is unknown - and until we know the cause, automatically assuming it is the player, and that it is a general fault is both incorrect and unhelpful.  I feel your frustration - but if you can calmly go about testing it maybe we might get to the bottom of what is actually wrong.

I'm quite happy to quickly test your files if there is a way you can upload them (a single album) so I can check.

And mentioning your brothers Nano is not exactly helpful.  The Nano can't be used as a DAC, doesn't have expandable storage, 2 SD slots, a decent amplifier, or practically any of the features which makes the X5ii what it is.

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #54 of 56

First up - you're making a couple of generalisations, which if misconstrued by others is not really fair on FiiO.  I have my X5ii in front of me now.  It's playing Pink Floyd's "The Wall" album which is definitely gapless - 16/44 redbook FLAC.  There are no gaps - it is seamless.  It is also that way with aac files.  I haven't tested WAV.

• Are you sure its not your files?
  • Have you reset the X5ii and made sure gapless is turned on (I'd also turn everything else off just in case it is another setting)?
  • Have you tested the exact same files with another player?
  • What sample rate etc are the files which are not working - so I can replicate test on my own unit?  Is EQ on?  What about replay gain?

If you are certain it is the X5ii - then contact whoever you bought the player off.  Because it does work on a unit which is working properly

And it isn't obviously a glitch just because two people have reported it.  More than one have said it is working perfectly.  What it is at the moment is unknown - and until we know the cause, automatically assuming it is the player, and that it is a general fault is both incorrect and unhelpful.  I feel your frustration - but if you can calmly go about testing it maybe we might get to the bottom of what is actually wrong.

I'm quite happy to quickly test your files if there is a way you can upload them (a single album) so I can check.

And mentioning your brothers Nano is not exactly helpful.  The Nano can't be used as a DAC, doesn't have expandable storage, 2 SD slots, a decent amplifier, or practically any of the features which makes the X5ii what it is.

+1 

OK...

mad.gif

Who do I contact?

To put things in another perspective, I get gapless playback. But even if I would not get it, comparing X5ii with a nano is just anger speaking, I recently wen through many DAPs, X5ii still comes my favorite sound wise. 

Maybe there is something glitching for you, like not having gapless turned on, or files having gaps, or files are very fragmented (though it should not make a difference). I only use FLAC, OGG and MP3. 

As @Brooko said, you might also be using strange datarates or funny formats, which might affect gapless playback. 

But before bashing something, it's good to always try to find out what's happening. 

Jun 14, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #55 of 56
I wasn't bashing or comparing the X5 to the Nano.
I was pointing out that even the lowly Nano supports gapless playback.

I did some more experiments just now and the problem lies in my ripper. (PMW)
Either it has a glitch or it doesn't shake hands well with the Fiio.
I wonder if the PMW (JRiver) June 1st update did this

I just tested some rips from EAC and they play fine.
btw...I always over-react...I can't help it.
redface.gif

Jun 18, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #56 of 56
Dear respected customers,

After the release of the FW2.0 to X5 2nd gen, we've been reported of invalid Resume mode. We're sorry for the inconvenience, so we fixed this bug right after we got the feedback and provide this additional version FW2.1(click here) to X5II users.
X5 2nd gen Update Guide: click here.

Besides the above one, there are 3 more small bugs are solved:
1. Fixed issue where the cursor would be positioned on the same track number instead of the track 1 when going access to any other album.
2. Fixed issue where the genre tag of CUE sheets was shown as unknown.
3. Fixed issue where the songs would be added to Recently playlist when batch added to Favorites.

Looking forward to your feedback. 
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back