Official X5 2nd gen beta firmware download and discussion thread--version 1.27: library search function, replaygain, filter options
Dec 11, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #31 of 231
I think the search function is a great idea, but I do have a suggestion. After you scan your library and search the library in the All Songs category, it still shows the file name rather than the tagged song name. Most people have their file names of songs start with a number, for example "01 - Song Tile.flac" This basically renders the search function useless since you will be searching by the first letter of the track you want to find. If the categories were sorted by the tagged file name so it read "Song Title" then the search function becomes much more usefull.

If you take out the numbers before the track, if you go to play by category and go to album, the tracks just show up in alphabetical order, so you can cant play an album in the correct order. If it was sorted by the tagged track number, then it would be better.

Basically what I'm saying is once you scan your library, in the "play by category" the songs should be sorted by the metadata tags and not by the file name like in the folder view.

Jan 14, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #32 of 231
Loving the X5ii, and the click-wheel fix was fantastic. I do have one major issue, however, which I thought would be resolved when I saw a search function would be added. Would it not be possible to make complete searches as opposed to "jump to letter/number" searches? As one with two full 200GB micro SDs of (mostly) jazz, there is a lot of music to be scrolling through. More so, when learning tunes, I'm often looking to reference multiple recordings of a song. On my iPod Classic, I would just search "Sentimental Mood" for example, and 20 different versions of "In A Sentimental Mood" would appear, from various artists. I would really like for the search function of the x5ii to have some more work done to it.

That being said, I don't want the "jump to letter/number" function to be removed! The other complaint that I would have had is that, having a large library, I spent far too long scrolling through artists trying to get to the one I wanted. Even with my SD cards dividing the artists from A - L on one and M - Z on the other, I had to scroll like a mad man. The "jump to letter/number" function happens to be a very efficient solution to this.

Thanks! Great product, and the firmware updates are much appreciated.

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #34 of 231
A couple of serious issues with 1.21. I had an instance of waking it up and going back to the SD card choice screen, chose the second card and scrolled through and only 2 screens worth of artists were shown as if all the rest were no longer on the card. Shut down and restart fixed it.

While playing, I pressed the upper right button to go back to the album list for the artist I was listening to which contained 3 albums. The last album name was repeated all the way down the screen as if there were 5 copies of the third album.

The upper left button function to return to the playing track brings up the letter selection screen instead. That would be ok if there was another way to resume. Perhaps at the end of the list, after # put RTP (return track playing) or something.

I'm getting a slight click in the right channel whenever the track advances.

Jan 29, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #36 of 231
I was able to reproduce the issue of "losing" most of the content of a card. The X5ii was in deep sleep and I plugged it into the computer to load some new files. I loaded a new folder onto card 2, then disconnected. After that when I switched to listen to something on the first card and most of the artists were gone, all but about 2 screens worth. As in the first instance, rebooting the unit corrected it.

Jan 29, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #37 of 231
Hi, the new beta firmware  FW1.27Beta for X5 2nd gen is coming now! Pls click here to get this firmware, and we will post the changelog on this firmware later. 
wink_face.gif

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #42 of 231
  Hi, the new beta firmware  FW1.27Beta for X5 2nd gen is coming now! Pls click here to get this firmware, and we will post the changelog on this firmware later. 
wink_face.gif

Oh you guys are going to love this !

From what I see so far .....

• Replay gain added - by track or by album
  • Filter selection added - choose between steep or slow drop
  • Line-out output can now be either set as fixed (and you can select a fixed volume) or variable.
  • SPDIF output now has selectable D2P or DOP
  • There is a reset media library choice

Have to duck out for a few hours - will carry on looking when I get back.

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #43 of 231

Oh you guys are going to love this !

From what I see so far .....

• Replay gain added - by track or by album
  • Filter selection added - choose between steep or slow drop
  • Line-out output can now be either set as fixed (and you can select a fixed volume) or variable.
  • SPDIF output now has selectable D2P or DOP
  • There is a reset media library choice

Have to duck out for a few hours - will carry on looking when I get back.

Wow
eek.gif

This are some major changes. 

Any bugs yet?

EDIT:: I am erasing all my replaygain data from files right now to avoid this. I do really not want it around
biggrin.gif

EDIT2:: OK, maybe it would be the time I stopped being so close minded and actually try to use replaygain. 

EDIT3: Time for me to ask how exactly to use replaygain. I literally have no idea how to use it. So I do scan my entire library with scan by track then update tags, then use by tags from X5II. This results in all of my music being a lot quieter, because my entire collection is made of metal - those types of metal that are quite loud and aggresive. Should this improve my experience generally, or just make me crank the volume to achieve the same loudnness? I mean, should this result in less clipping and more details overall?

Also, what is that digital filter? How do we use it? Does it change sound? How? I know what a digital filter is in general, but what does that do?

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #44 of 231
2016-01-30
Beta firmware version 1.27 for the X5 2nd gen now available!
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugs1xw2o72a8byl/X5%202nd%20gen%20FW1.27beta.zip?dl=0
After downloading the update, please unpack (unZIP) the package and read the update instructions contained within.

Please note that all firmware posted in this thread are beta firmware--please post in this dedicated thread if you have any issues with these versions, and if you encounter serious problems, consider flashing back to a stable release.

Stable firmware can be found here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/776861/official-x5-2nd-gen-stable-firmware-thread
The following changes and improvements have been made to FW1.27beta compared to FW1.21beta:

1. Thai and Russian language options added;
2. Added support for ReplayGain;
3. Increased USB storage transfer speeds (≥8MB/s);
4. Added Recently Played playlist (via Play by Category);
5. Added DAC output reconstruction lowpass filter options (steep and gentle slope)
6. Added DoP and D2P options to S/PDIF output;
7. Added Line Output level options (fixed or variable level);
8. Optimized UI operation and speed;
9. Fixed gapless playback problems;
10. Fixed issue with hidden files stored by a Mac OS computer accessing the cards on the X5 2nd gen;
11. Fixed issue where changes to play mode in Play Settings may not be immediately registered;
12. Added play mode: play single track and stop
13. Added option to delete a track (outside of Now Playing);
14. Changed startup animation
15. Added option to manually clear media library database file (via System Settings);
16. USB OTG function (which had never been compatible with many USB devices) has been disabled to improve device detection in storage and DAC modes by the computer;
17. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Looking forward to everyone's feedback :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 30, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #45 of 231
2016-01-30
Beta firmware version 1.27 for the X5 2nd gen now available!
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugs1xw2o72a8byl/X5%202nd%20gen%20FW1.27beta.zip?dl=0
After downloading the update, please unpack (unZIP) the package and read the update instructions contained within.

Please note that all firmware posted in this thread are beta firmware--please post in this dedicated thread if you have any issues with these versions, and if you encounter serious problems, consider flashing back to a stable release.

Stable firmware can be found here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/776861/official-x5-2nd-gen-stable-firmware-thread
The following changes and improvements have been made to FW1.27beta compared to FW1.21beta:

1. Thai and Russian language options added;
2. Added support for ReplayGain;
3. Increased USB storage transfer speeds (≥8MB/s);
4. Added Recently Played playlist (via Play by Category);
5. Added DAC output reconstruction lowpass filter options (steep and gentle slope)
6. Added DoP and D2P options to S/PDIF output;
7. Added Line Output level options (fixed or variable level);
8. Optimized UI operation and speed;
9. Fixed gapless playback problems;
10. Fixed issue with hidden files stored by a Mac OS computer accessing the cards on the X5 2nd gen;
11. Fixed issue where changes to play mode in Play Settings may not be immediately registered;
12. Added play mode: play single track and stop
13. Added option to delete a track (outside of Now Playing);
14. Changed startup animation
15. Added option to manually clear media library database file (via System Settings);
16. USB OTG function (which had never been compatible with many USB devices) has been disabled to improve device detection in storage and DAC modes by the computer;
17. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Looking forward to everyone's feedback
smily_headphones1.gif

I have been using it since this morning, and it is awesome. Great job!

I want some clarifications on what 5 does. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back