Official X5 1st gen beta firmware thread--version 2.51: 8 new updates
Dec 28, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #346 of 437
The EQ doesn't work on FLAC files of 96kHz and above. It's normal?

It's any sampling rate above 48kHz. And, as stated, it's to avoid overloading the SOC (Silicon On Chip). Too many calculations above that sample rate (it gets exponentially CPU intensive as you go up in sampling rate). I could just see the nightmare of reports from people having issues if the EQ was opened up to those sample rates, though it would be nice if they could do it.

Dec 31, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #347 of 437
I added a new folder with some flac files, but this folder is not detected during the scan. When I view the folders on fiio this folder is not listed. I reinstalled the firmware (2.36beta), did  a factory reset to no avail. I used a windows 8.1 PC for copying this folder whereas all the previous files which are all detected were copied on a windows 7 pc.

Does the folder appear when you view the card on your PC, or Browse Files on the X5?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 31, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #350 of 437
I found it on another thread here having to do with eq'ing a Mac (yes, I know).  Pretty impressive.  That's his home setup.

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #351 of 437
Does the folder appear when you view the card on your PC, or Browse Files on the X5?

Folder appears on a PC but not on X5. This folder contains all the high-res files from Linn that I recently downloaded. I installed a tag viewer and all tags seem to be in order. 

I formatted the card and copied all my music files again. The result is the same, everything else is detected but Linn folder is not.  I am really baffled.

Dec 31, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #354 of 437
  Folder appears on a PC but not on X5. This folder contains all the high-res files from Linn that I recently downloaded. I installed a tag viewer and all tags seem to be in order. 

I formatted the card and copied all my music files again. The result is the same, everything else is detected but Linn folder is not.  I am really baffled.

Keep the folder but remove the Linn files.  Put a single FLAC in that you know shows up (you can pull it from another folder if need be).  Re-scan.  Does THAT file show up in the folder on your X5?  If not, it's the folder or how it's named.  If yes, then clearly you've got an issue with the Linn files.  It's most likely the encoding.  

First, check the files and see if there is something going on with the naming.  The end of each file should be .FLAC.  Check the tagging.  If none of that works, re-encode it using Foobar or the like on a PC or XLD on a Mac.  That may help.

Dec 31, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #355 of 437
OK, I just did a search on LINN's website and downloaded and installed a test 24bit FLAC to my X5.  Showed up in Folder view and played fine.

So, what have you done differently than me?  I'm using a Mac but that shouldn't affect anything.  

Just to be clear, you are in Folder View in the X5 menu (not Album or Song or Artist)?

Dec 31, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #357 of 437
  OK, I just did a search on LINN's website and downloaded and installed a test 24bit FLAC to my X5.  Showed up in Folder view and played fine.

So, what have you done differently than me?  I'm using a Mac but that shouldn't affect anything.  

Just to be clear, you are in Folder View in the X5 menu (not Album or Song or Artist)?

Yes I am in folder view. 

I had some Linn files from last year and did not have this problem with the last stable firmware. I will roll-back the firmware and see if they are detected.

Dec 31, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #358 of 437
@kkib

This is the link for the whole of the free Christmas HD tracks from LINN, from this year.  The link is only valid until 6th January 2015.

I have downloaded them at Studio Master quality,  24 bit, 192kHz flac, using the Linn Download Manager.  (File is over 4GB and contains 25 tracks.

They play perfectly on my X5.   I have put them in a folder titled "Hi-Res Tracks" or something similar.

I just dragged them from a download folder on to the X5 using Windows 8.1 and then did a manual file update on the X5

http://www.linnrecords.com/recording-day-24-free-track-2014.aspx

If you have any further problems, let me know and I'll have a look at my file setup.  You shouldn't need to alter the tagging and album art

You may need to register if you have not done so previously, in order to download, but the files and Linn Download Manager are free.  Just click on "buy" for the quality you require.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back