Official X5 1st gen beta firmware thread--version 2.51: 8 new updates
Jan 3, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #376 of 437
You would be spot on. Read it in a rush and didn't take note. Regarding the prior comment, didn't realise a 2.37 was ever released.

I don't think it ever was. James (I think, Joe otherwise) mentioned that it was based on 2.37 in a response and so I repeated it to make it clear that it was a step forward from 2.36 as you seemed a little uncertain about that point.

Jan 3, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #377 of 437
As hinted above, I'm suspecting something wrong with the name of the directory he put those tracks in. If the X5 can't parse the directory name it wouldn't be able to read anything within the directory.

You got it Joe.:beerchug:

My X5 refuses read anything in the folder named "miscFLAC". I moved the Linn files out of this folder and everything is fine now. I renamed the folder as "MiscFLAC" and placed just one flac file in it but still X5 ignores this folder. 

EDIT: This begs the question; are there any other folder names that are not detected? Does anybody know why X5 doesn't like some names?

My guess is it has something to do with the new "ignore mac / unix system files" introduced in recent firmwares :smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 3, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #379 of 437
Using the 2.4 FW for the last couple of hours (insomnia) and it seems bug free for me. The OSX card eject is clean and the folder skipping is as good as 2.36b. Everything I've tested so far works as advertised.

Time to close the thread I guess.

Jan 5, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #382 of 437
'The jpg will be smaller in file size simply because it uses a codec that has better/different compression (bit rate)"

Except (my OCD) that jpeg is of lesser quality than TIFF (yes, it is going to be smaller) and degrades every time you open it whereas TIFF stays the same no matter how many times you open it.  

Not to mess up your analogy, but even though I retired as a shooter that stuff never goes away. :veryevil:

Jpg's do not lose quality from opening them to view only, if thst is what you mean. In order for it go degrade you must resave the file, this introduces another compression cycle. A jpg, embeded in an mp3 or flac will not get worse when you open the song, or edit tags. Saving the music file does not recompress the image material Either.. UNLESS, and this could occur only one time, you have your tagging software set to change the album art to a set size And it was bigger..

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #383 of 437
after some fiddling, I figured out why my tracks freeze on the same tracks, and freezes when I try to shuffle on that particular track.  I removed it and then it just chose something else to freeze.  I didn't recall having this problem earlier until I put the tracks on my 'favourites'  So then I made a playlist called 'favourites' instead of actually using the favourites and all the problems went away, and it didn't shuffle in the same order anymore either.  So its got something to do with putting stuff in 'favourites.' 

Jan 7, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #384 of 437
after some fiddling, I figured out why my tracks freeze on the same tracks, and freezes when I try to shuffle on that particular track.  I removed it and then it just chose something else to freeze.  I didn't recall having this problem earlier until I put the tracks on my 'favourites'  So then I made a playlist called 'favourites' instead of actually using the favourites and all the problems went away, and it didn't shuffle in the same order anymore either.  So its got something to do with putting stuff in 'favourites.' 

Is this happening with the new official 2.4FW? If so you may want to submit this info in the main X5 thread.

Jan 13, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #386 of 437
  oh haha, theres a 2.4 now? 

Haha! I didn't even know nether. I wonder though what it fixed since the latest beta cause I don't want to upgrade again for the X million time and lose again my whole list of "Favorites".

It's still a shame that since the beginning of the time we keep asking for a damn screw** way to browse faster and it would be so easy to implement, yet they didn't even do it on the final v2.4 so I think I'll pass on this update until they finaly do it. That would be the last major thing I would need to be fixed asap, as I highly doubt they will ever be able to fix the annoying 15 seconds freeze at the beginning of each songs, if you have way over 5800 songs on the player.

Firmware v2.4 ------> www.fiio.net/en/story/242

Jan 14, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #390 of 437
Haha! I didn't even know nether. I wonder though what it fixed since the latest beta cause I don't want to upgrade again for the X million time and lose again my whole list of "Favorites".

I'd suggest creating a playlist of your favourites. That way you won't lose it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back