Official X5 1st gen beta firmware thread--version 2.51: 8 new updates
Oct 29, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #407 of 437
Tried the firmware out. Is it just me, or is everything suddenly extremely responsive? For me, the scroll wheel overshoot is completely gone, scrolling through lists is a bit faster than before, and switching screens seems a bit faster as well.

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #408 of 437
I agree - I think more than anything it is more precise which makes it appear so much more responsive.

Anyway - great update!

Will you re-port your themes AI?

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #409 of 437
  I agree - I think more than anything it is more precise which makes it appear so much more responsive.

Anyway - great update!

Will you re-port your themes AI?

I'll try updating all my themes within a few days. It could take longer if there are new images added, but it seems like it's mostly a functional update, so it should be quick.

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #410 of 437
Thank you sir :)

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #412 of 437
Themers rejoice: Simply copying the new sys.bin to your existing theme upgrades from 2.5 to 2.51.

Edit: All of my themes have been updated to 2.51, please see the custom firmwares thread for download.

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #414 of 437
My hypothesis on the speed change is that they changed how the player handles graphics. Maybe it loads all graphics at boot instead of loading each image as required.

One definite detail I found was that my custom themes running on the same firmware version felt slightly "heavier" scrolling through lists compared to stock 2.51. This is most likely the selected song background's fault. The original firmware's selected song background is mostly transparent, so the player doesn't have to update as many pixels on the screen.

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #416 of 437
2015-10-29
Beta firmware version 2.51beta for the X5 is now available!
smily_headphones1.gif

It's a shame that after all this time it is still not possible to scroll by letters by holding the center button for example, so we can scroll 10x faster through a list of 500+ artirst. What is so hard in implementing such function that everybody has been asking for since the very beginning?!

I find it annoying to lose my favorites everytime I flash but with people's comment here about the scroll wheel and responsivness, I think it's gonna be worth it ^^ Pretty much the only reason I'll be updating it.

Oct 30, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #419 of 437
I was preparing to send my X5 in for repair, since the wheel had gotten so bad. Now, I think I'll save on that shipping cost.

The 2.51 beta has made it usable again. It's not perfect. The wheel is still a little finicky. So far, though, when I go to select an item in the menu, there has been no sudden jumps to the item above it, causing me to go back and try again, and again, and again...

So that's good.

When scrolling through a long list, there is still some interruption, where the selection jumps up or down, fighting you. It's better, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back