Official X5 1st gen beta firmware thread--version 2.51: 8 new updates
Dec 31, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #361 of 437
  Yes I am in folder view. 

I had some Linn files from last year and did not have this problem with the last stable firmware. I will roll-back the firmware and see if they are detected.

All X5 firmwares are "stable."  I'm on the latest beta and have no trouble with the Linn FLAC I downloaded as a test.  Something else is going on or they got corrupted in the download.  Maybe try LINN support, see if you can download them again.

Dec 31, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #362 of 437
Does the folder appear when you view the card on your PC, or Browse Files on the X5?

Folder appears on a PC but not on X5. This folder contains all the high-res files from Linn that I recently downloaded. I installed a tag viewer and all tags seem to be in order. 

I formatted the card and copied all my music files again. The result is the same, everything else is detected but Linn folder is not.  I am really baffled.

What's the name of the folder containing these invisible tracks? :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 1, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #363 of 437

All X5 firmwares are "stable."  I'm on the latest beta and have no trouble with the Linn FLAC I downloaded as a test.  Something else is going on or they got corrupted in the download.  Maybe try LINN support, see if you can download them again.

@olddude  See my post 358 on previous page re the Linn free downloads.  Link only valid until 6th January.

Jan 1, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #364 of 437

@olddude  See my post 358 on previous page re the Linn free downloads.  Link only valid until 6th January.

????

I downloaded a free TEST track (24bit FLAC) in order to see if I could replicate the OPs difficulty with a LINN track showing up.  I couldn't.

Jan 1, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #365 of 437

????

I downloaded a free TEST track (24bit FLAC) in order to see if I could replicate the OPs difficulty with a LINN track showing up.  I couldn't.

As hinted above, I'm suspecting something wrong with the name of the directory he put those tracks in. If the X5 can't parse the directory name it wouldn't be able to read anything within the directory.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 1, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #366 of 437
Joe:  That's what I suggested on the previous page when I ran him through a series of procedures to determine the issues.  
smile.gif

Keep the folder but remove the Linn files.  Put a single FLAC in that you know shows up (you can pull it from another folder if need be).  Re-scan.  Does THAT file show up in the folder on your X5?  If not, it's the folder or how it's named.  If yes, then clearly you've got an issue with the Linn files.  It's most likely the encoding.  

He's not posted back what he's tried.  
blink.gif

Hope you are having a good "holiday."  Loved your desktop screen.  Hope you don't mind that I posted it.  

Jan 1, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #367 of 437
Joe:  That's what I suggested on the previous page when I ran him through a series of procedures to determine the issues.  :smile:

Keep the folder but remove the Linn files.  Put a single FLAC in that you know shows up (you can pull it from another folder if need be).  Re-scan.  Does THAT file show up in the folder on your X5?  If not, it's the folder or how it's named.  If yes, then clearly you've got an issue with the Linn files.  It's most likely the encoding.  

He's not posted back what he's tried.  :blink:

Hope you are having a good "holiday."  Loved your desktop screen.  Hope you don't mind that I posted it.  

Haha, I'm fine with it :D It's sad though that I've only ever managed to get that setup working on one of my computers, and it's sort of a pain to get running :xf_eek: I think I'll be looking to simplify my setup by moving from VSTHost to EqualizerAPO and offloading some of the work to an ordinary HT amp :xf_eek:

Jan 1, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #368 of 437
Haha, I'm fine with it
biggrin.gif
It's sad though that I've only ever managed to get that setup working on one of my computers, and it's sort of a pain to get running
redface.gif
I think I'll be looking to simplify my setup by moving from VSTHost to EqualizerAPO and offloading some of the work to an ordinary HT amp
redface.gif

I manged to get this one working.  
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 1, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #369 of 437
As hinted above, I'm suspecting something wrong with the name of the directory he put those tracks in. If the X5 can't parse the directory name it wouldn't be able to read anything within the directory.

You got it Joe.
beerchug.gif

My X5 refuses read anything in the folder named "miscFLAC". I moved the Linn files out of this folder and everything is fine now. I renamed the folder as "MiscFLAC" and placed just one flac file in it but still X5 ignores this folder. 

EDIT: This begs the question; are there any other folder names that are not detected? Does anybody know why X5 doesn't like some names?

Jan 1, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #371 of 437
You got it Joe.:beerchug:

My X5 refuses read anything in the folder named "miscFLAC". I moved the Linn files out of this folder and everything is fine now. I renamed the folder as "MiscFLAC" and placed just one flac file in it but still X5 ignores this folder. 

EDIT: This begs the question; are there any other folder names that are not detected? Does anybody know why X5 doesn't like some names?

Could be the name is used in the code somewhere and doesn't like seeing it out of place. I dunno.

Perhaps Joe can answer, and good catch olddude and Joe Bloggs.

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #372 of 437
So Fiio has just announced the official release of 2.34. Does one stick to 2.36 beta or move back to official 2.34? One thing they mention on their changelog is about a sleep timer which doesn't ring a bell as having been there in the beta. My player is not with me at the moment so can't confirm.

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #373 of 437
So Fiio has just announced the official release of 2.34. Does one stick to 2.36 beta or move back to official 2.34? One thing they mention on their changelog is about a sleep timer which doesn't ring a bell as having been there in the beta. My player is not with me at the moment so can't confirm.

They announced 2.4, based on 2.37beta, not 2.34. Upgrade to 2.4.

Jan 3, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #374 of 437

Looks to me like it's FW 2.4, not 2.34!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back