Official X3 2nd gen stable firmware download / discussion thread--FW2.0: Added library search function, Line Output level options, Recently Played playlist, ReplayGain
Apr 19, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #136 of 171

I replaced the ugly wood theme, who is interested? It looks better than the pictures.

Quoting myself 
biggrin.gif
, who does that? Here is the link: https://goo.gl/22oHjz 

Apr 21, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #137 of 171
I have an x3 gen2 with fw1.6.  I've searched and read and...still can't figure this out: How can I play all the songs just a selected album or a selected artist and then stop before going to the next one? It drives me crazy when I play an album and at the end of it, the x3 just goes on to the next thing in alphabetical order!

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #138 of 171
  I have an x3 gen2 with fw1.6.  I've searched and read and...still can't figure this out: How can I play all the songs just a selected album or a selected artist and then stop before going to the next one? It drives me crazy when I play an album and at the end of it, the x3 just goes on to the next thing in alphabetical order!

You need to go in settings and turn off play through folders. You might also need to press the shortcut button while you're on the while playing screen and select the icon just before the delete icon. Looks like an arrow pointing to a vertical line.

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #139 of 171
You need to go in settings and turn off play through folders. You might also need to press the shortcut button while you're on the while playing screen and select the icon just before the delete icon. Looks like an arrow pointing to a vertical line.

Can you show a pict of this arow icon ? there's 3 diffferent icons with arrows. The one you talk about, is it the one with two circular arrows with 1 in center, near the trash can !?!
Can you confirm!

Thx

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #140 of 171

Thank you for the reply!  Got the first part. Like @Skullbox, I'm not at all clear about what the little icons mean in the while playing shortcuts. Would you mind explaining?

Apr 22, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #141 of 171
Can you show a pict of this arow icon ? there's 3 diffferent icons with arrows. The one you talk about, is it the one with two circular arrows with 1 in center, near the trash can !?!
Can you confirm!

Thx

Thank you for the reply!  Got the first part. Like @Skullbox, I'm not at all clear about what the little icons mean in the while playing shortcuts. Would you mind explaining?

@Skullbox is correct about it being the icon just before the trash can. It is a single horizontal arrow perpendicular to a vertical bar just to the right of that arrow. I may have been mistaken in my  description of it's function, I think it stops playback after the current song is finished. I'm currently on beta 1.45, so I don't know if 1.6 has the same layout or features, though I suspect it would. It access this menu, when you are on the while playing screen (i.e. when a song is playing and you can press pause and see the time elapsing etc.) press the button to the top left of the wheel briefly and those icons should appear. On my layout, it is the 7th icon. In order, each icon does the following:

1. Add to favourites, 2. Add to playlist 3. Shuffle 4. Play sequentially the songs in the list until the end 5. Repeat all the songs once the end of the list has been reached 6. Repeat playback of a single song 7. As I mentioned earlier, stop playback once the current song has finished 8. Delete a track.

There is a manual online which shows this (on page 7), but is missing the 7th icon since it is showing images from an earlier software version. http://media.datatail.com/docs/manual/271973_en.pdf

Hope that helps.

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #142 of 171
Hi, Skullbox.
Thanks for your feedback. 

1. As for the bigger font firmware for the X3II, here is a sample: click here
2. We know someone prefer to keep the OTG function, because they have a lot of songs. But just as we said previous, to cancel the OTG function can help improve device detection in storage and DAC modes by the computer. Of course, we also tried other ways before that, in order to fix the problem which the X3II can not be recognized by the computer, and keep the OTG function at the same time. But they failed.
Therefore, we prefer to make the X3II has the basic function firstly. After all, the OTG function is not mentioned on the introduction of the X3II. Hope you can understand. 

Apr 22, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #143 of 171
@Skullbox is correct about it being the icon just before the trash can. It is a single horizontal arrow perpendicular to a vertical bar just to the right of that arrow. I may have been mistaken in my  description of it's function, I think it stops playback after the current song is finished. I'm currently on beta 1.45, so I don't know if 1.6 has the same layout or features, though I suspect it would. It access this menu, when you are on the while playing screen (i.e. when a song is playing and you can press pause and see the time elapsing etc.) press the button to the top left of the wheel briefly and those icons should appear. On my layout, it is the 7th icon. In order, each icon does the following:

1. Add to favourites, 2. Add to playlist 3. Shuffle 4. Play sequentially the songs in the list until the end 5. Repeat all the songs once the end of the list has been reached 6. Repeat playback of a single song 7. As I mentioned earlier, stop playback once the current song has finished 8. Delete a track.

There is a manual online which shows this (on page 7), but is missing the 7th icon since it is showing images from an earlier software version. http://media.datatail.com/docs/manual/271973_en.pdf

Hope that helps.

I'm always in my default FW1.4 My icons layout show 7 icons only.
The fifth icon is a double arrows, turning in a circular maner, turning to the left side.
The sixth icon (just before the Trashcan) is a double arrows, turning in a circular maner to the left as well, but, with number 1 (one) in his center. I think it will Repeat the Song/Album only once.
No, it's not a single arrow, nor a vertical bar. Lol.
We all know, eng/fr font has to be one point little bigger. There is no missiing icon on my fw version. I still got all 7, unfortunately, haven't 8.

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #144 of 171
Hi, Skullbox.

Kindly be noted that, the 7th icon ("stop playback once the current song has finished") mentioned by @Solasuke is a new added function, and you can try to update your X3II to FW1.44beta: click here, or FW1.45beta(click here) which also has this function and already is compatible with the new DAC driver. 

Hope that helps.

Apr 23, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #145 of 171
Hi, Skullbox.

Kindly be noted that, the 7th icon ("stop playback once the current song has finished") mentioned by @Solasuke
 is a new added function, and you can try to update your X3II to FW1.44beta: click here, or FW1.45beta(click here) which also has this function and already is compatible with the new DAC driver. 

Hope that helps.

Thank for the feedbak!

I think I will stay with my default 1.4. Stability, and OTG is more usefull for me than useless DAC driver, I'm a Mac user. Until now, haven't get any issues with my X3.

After less than 3 weeks, of carefully use of the clear plastic cover, it is already cracking. It will need a replacement... from FiiO. The store doesn't care about it, they doesn't have this case in stock anyways.
If you get me a new one, It will result with the same continual issue. No big deal here. It will be favorable to find me a silicone case rather. I realy dont care if it smell badcaca. I can take care of it!
Or...get me leather case, rather!

Regards!

May 4, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #146 of 171
Just another update...>FW1.6 is still no good for me in terms of skipping/pausing it seems to have reverted to hard pausing rather than skipping to the next track. It is worse some days. I am going to try to get a faster card to see if it is related to the memory card speed (currently using Samsung EVO 128GB).

Also was not able to get the new DAC software to play nice on this computer, I will try another. I have to say that the install of hte DAC software is much easier now.

May 5, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #147 of 171
Just another update...>FW1.6 is still no good for me in terms of skipping/pausing it seems to have reverted to hard pausing rather than skipping to the next track. It is worse some days. I am going to try to get a faster card to see if it is related to the memory card speed (currently using Samsung EVO 128GB).

Also was not able to get the new DAC software to play nice on this computer, I will try another. I have to say that the install of hte DAC software is much easier now.

FiiO as just released fw2.0 recently for his X5ii - Pls standby for new release coming soon for the X3ii

I can suggest using 4 cards of 32Gb. rather than one 128Gb cards. With these huge cards, the DAP have lots infos to reads, to manage. Unless you pick a faster Read/Write cards.
Like Sandisk Extreme Pro. (90Mb/s.) All this will save you from many frustrations issues.

I'm using same quality cards in my Nikon cameras as well. A 128Gb. cards will serve you well, if you do lots of videos with your FiiO.

:D

May 5, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #148 of 171
FiiO as just released fw2.0 recently for his X5ii - Pls standby for new release coming soon for the X3ii

I can suggest using 4 cards of 32Gb. rather than one 128Gb cards. With these huge cards, the DAP have lots infos to reads, to manage. Unless you pick a faster Read/Write cards.
Like Sandisk Extreme Pro. (32-64GB) All this will save you from many frustrations issues.

I'm using same quality cards in my Nikon cameras as well. A 128Gb. cards will serve you well, if you do lots of videos with your FiiO.

biggrin.gif

I am starting the wonder if it is a card issue esp since a few other people have had issues with the EVO cards (on the Fiio Forums). I like the 128GB card as it will fit my FLAC collection and means I don't have to switch cards (microSD's are a pain to begin with). You may not have a need for such a large card but I am sure I am not the only one that would prefer to keep one in the machine rather than switching between (and losing) smaller cards.

I actually use the same type of card on my Sony ActionCam, my Nikon's use CF cards.

May 6, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #149 of 171

Like Sandisk Extreme Pro. (32-64GB) All this will save you from many frustrations issues.

biggrin.gif

I am starting the wonder if it is a card issue esp since a few other people have had issues with the EVO cards (on the Fiio Forums). I like the 128GB card as it will fit my FLAC collection and means I don't have to switch cards (microSD's are a pain to begin with). You may not have a need for such a large card but I am sure I am not the only one that would prefer to keep one in the machine rather than switching between (and losing) smaller cards.

I actually use the same type of card on my Sony ActionCam, my Nikon's use CF cards.

I have used a Samsung EVO card with 128 GB with no problem, now replaced by a SanDisk 200 GB card, with no problem either. I don't have album art on it, though. Have you? If yes, it may help to resize the images to 320 x 240 pixels, the size of the screen.

May 6, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #150 of 171
I have used a Samsung EVO card with 128 GB with no problem, now replaced by a SanDisk 200 GB card, with no problem either. I don't have album art on it, though. Have you? If yes, it may help to resize the images to 400 x 360 pixels, the size of the screen.

For the record, the size of the screen is 320x240

Users who are viewing this thread

Back