Official X3 2nd gen stable firmware download / discussion thread--FW2.0: Added library search function, Line Output level options, Recently Played playlist, ReplayGain
Jan 13, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #106 of 171
Hi, nekromantik.
Pls don't worry, this search function is already listed in the plan of the X3II's new firmware, so we will add this function to X3II. Once there is the beta firmware for the X3II, I will release it on the forum. :wink:

What has been mentioned before and should in my opinion be implemented is faster scrolling. The forward and back arrows could skip by letter then the wheel to scroll as it does today. It would simplify things quite a bit.

It takes forever for me to scroll to a letter in the middle of the alphabet. Search will be ok, but if it anything like searching is on any other device without a keyboard (on screen keyboard only) it will be cumbersome to use. I haven't seen the x5ii search feature but I am at least willing to try it in the next beta for the x3ii.

Jan 17, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #108 of 171
I used the first generation X3 for a while, and loved it. Same with the X3 2nd gen device - however one thing drives me nuts, and Im hoping it can be changed in the next firmware. When using the volume buttons, there is a delay before you can press any other button. Why? I often want to perhaps quickly change the volume, and skip to the next song. I have to press another button before I can do this, an I cannot really see the reason behind this feature. I would love it that if you changed volume, you wouldnt have to wait before being able to press other buttons in succession. 

Jan 19, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #109 of 171
  I used the first generation X3 for a while, and loved it. Same with the X3 2nd gen device - however one thing drives me nuts, and Im hoping it can be changed in the next firmware. When using the volume buttons, there is a delay before you can press any other button. Why? I often want to perhaps quickly change the volume, and skip to the next song. I have to press another button before I can do this, an I cannot really see the reason behind this feature. I would love it that if you changed volume, you wouldnt have to wait before being able to press other buttons in succession. 

Hi, sizetwo, is the screen on or locked when you press the volume button to change the volume. If the screen is on, the operation to choose next song won't be valid until the icon indicator of the volume on the screen disappears.

Jan 19, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #110 of 171
This is the problem. Why have to wait for that image to go away? Would there be any disadvantages to be able to press any other button? Instead we have to wait for the volume icon to go away before proceeding. Granted one can press the back button for it to go away, but this should not be necessary.

Jan 20, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #111 of 171
This is the problem. Why have to wait for that image to go away? Would there be any disadvantages to be able to press any other button? Instead we have to wait for the volume icon to go away before proceeding. Granted one can press the back button for it to go away, but this should not be necessary.

Hi, sizetwo. 
Kindly be noted that, the volume icon can go away by pressing the OK button or Back button directly. 
The definition of the button is related to the current interface. 
And the buttons will show the different functions when the interface is different. 
The Certain buttons will be not enabled when they are not necessary for the 
current interface, such as the Pre/Next buttons for the volume.
Hope you can understand. 

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #112 of 171
Thanks for the reply. But is it not possible to just let me be able to press the "Next song" or "Previous song" button even though the volume icon is on the screen? This would save me one extra button press (instead of having to press Volume - OK - next song all the time) when changing volume and choosing the next song. Please make it possible to press Volume - Next song immediately, instead of pressing Volume - OK - Next song. I am sure you understand that this makes more sense, and is also more practical.

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #114 of 171
  Hey guys, I just update my X3 to FW 1.4, however, I have two issues here. First is [Fixed volume setting] in Play settings does'n work and inaccessible. 

Second is I found that every tracks I has are begin with "._" in [Now playing] like this: 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BygdXHb8fsLRT1NTNGM1Zkg0YXc

(Sorry, I can't post an image yet).

Anyone knows how to fix these?

Hi, yomiura. 
1. You should set "Default volume" to "Custom" firstly, if you want to use the "Fixed volume setting";
2. You loaded the music files to X3II by Macbook, right? Kindly try to upgrade your X3II to the new beta firmware FW1.44beta: click here, and test again.
Hope that helps. 
normal_smile .gif

Mar 11, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #115 of 171
Hi all
I upgraded to latest firmware and am very unhappy that I still have severe problems with skipping songs and so on. Exactly the problems with the indexing and hidden Mac OS files that should've been fixed:frowning2:
Please check the differences to good old X3. There I never had such issues with the same card and same files...

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #116 of 171
Hi all
I upgraded to latest firmware and am very unhappy that I still have severe problems with skipping songs and so on. Exactly the problems with the indexing and hidden Mac OS files that should've been fixed:frowning2:
Please check the differences to good old X3. There I never had such issues with the same card and same files...

Hi, snusnu.
1. as for the hidden MAC OS files issue, pls try to upgrade your X3II to the latest beta firmware FW1.44beta: click here, which already fixed this issue. 
2. Could you please provide more details about the skipping issue? How did you play the songs? By “Browse Files” or "Category"?
And how about setting "Supports in-line headphone control" to OFF and test again?
If running the new beta firmware FW1.44beta, the same skipping issue will persist?

Looking forward to your reply. 

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #117 of 171
Hi
I'm sorry! I assumed that I was using the latest Beta, but I wasn't.
Just installed it and will try it out.
As a workaround I installed a free tool that ejects my SD card and deletes all Mac files.
That worked perfectly for the 1.4

Thanks
snusnu

Mar 25, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #118 of 171

Hi, yomiura. 
1. You should set "Default volume" to "Custom" firstly, if you want to use the "Fixed volume setting";
2. You loaded the music files to X3II by Macbook, right? Kindly try to upgrade your X3II to the new beta firmware FW1.44beta: click here, and test again.
Hope that helps. 
normal_smile%20.gif

OMG, the idea that different OS is the cause never cross my mind.

Thank you very much for answer my question.

Mar 27, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #119 of 171
I have X3II and love it. I hope all the clever firmware tweaks people think of will always apply to this specific model, and not be put on the mind shelf for a later model that we would have to buy before we can enjoy the fruits of all this brainstorming  :wink:

I have an idea I'd like to suggest for the X3II I currently own.

I often try to listen to old albums that were originally mixed for listening with stereo speakers. Stuff like old Beatles albums, for example, where the stereo panning is extreme. Parts are often completely either coming from the left channel or the right channel. This is ok when listening to speakers but very uncomfortable when listening with headphones and IEMs. It's usually so unbearable that I have to stop listening and skip those recordings while using IEMs.

Can you create a user variable stereo seperation/mix control ?  To be able to blend both channels by, say, 30% - 60%, would make those kinds of mixes a lot more comfortable to listen to with headphones.

All in all, the X3II is about as good a device as there is, in the old iPod classic zone of the market, and a free high quality DAC from a computer thrown in. I've been keen to see the OTG function grow, but it looks like the OTG function is going to vanish instead. That's disappointing. I was begining to imagine hooking up my old external hard drives full of all sorts of saved audio from many years back.... ah well, I can still dream.

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #120 of 171
  I have X3II and love it. I hope all the clever firmware tweaks people think of will always apply to this specific model, and not be put on the mind shelf for a later model that we would have to buy before we can enjoy the fruits of all this brainstorming  :wink:

I have an idea I'd like to suggest for the X3II I currently own.

I often try to listen to old albums that were originally mixed for listening with stereo speakers. Stuff like old Beatles albums, for example, where the stereo panning is extreme. Parts are often completely either coming from the left channel or the right channel. This is ok when listening to speakers but very uncomfortable when listening with headphones and IEMs. It's usually so unbearable that I have to stop listening and skip those recordings while using IEMs.

Can you create a user variable stereo seperation/mix control ?  To be able to blend both channels by, say, 30% - 60%, would make those kinds of mixes a lot more comfortable to listen to with headphones.

+100, I even would love something must better: a binaural simulation.
I bought the Waves NX vst plugin, to apply it on my music files, but it would be even better if Fiio would integrate this kind of algorithm in their players!
The idea is to simulate listening with loudspeakers, using an "impulse" convolution.
There are even sources for programming available on the net, available for free (just in case Fiio read this!).
This solution would be much more realistic than a basic mix. It would really be an added value to Fiio players!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back