Official X3 2nd gen beta firmware thread--FW1.44: library search, ReplayGain, high speed USB, DoP, D2P...
Jun 10, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #48 of 367
  One thing I noticed: After pressing the menu button (upper right) from the now playing screen it takes 6 seconds for the menu to appear.

Am I the only one with the 6 s lag from the menu button? – With the music paused it's 3-4 s.

I tried firmware 1.11 with a 32 GB SanDisk card filled with 1999 MP3s. The lag after pressing the menu button from the «now playing» screen amounts to acceptable 2 s when playing and 1 s when paused. After reinsertion of the almost fully loaded Samsung 128 GB card I'm back to 5 s when playing and 3 s when paused. This compared to 0.1 s with firmware 1.1.

Jun 10, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #49 of 367
I tried firmware 1.11 with a 32 GB SanDisk card filled with 1999 MP3s. The lag after pressing the menu button from the «now playing» screen amounts to acceptable 2 s when playing and 1 s when paused. After reinsertion of the almost fully loaded Samsung 128 GB card I'm back to 5 s when playing and 3 s when paused. This compared to 0.1 s with firmware 1.1.

Might have something to do with feature (1) of this firmware :popcorn:

:xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 10, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #50 of 367
Might have something to do with feature (1) of this firmware
popcorn.gif

redface.gif

Very well possible!

BTW, I wholeheartedly support the claim for a direct shortcut to the equalizer. Brooko's suggestion of using the upper left button looks ideal to me, if possible with the EQ access as the first option. This particularly in view of the bad readability of the LC display in the open.

Jun 10, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #51 of 367
How difficult would it be to support album art above the current maximum size? Judging by the speed improvements, the new FiiO has a significantly faster CPU than its predecessor - I don't really want to downconvert all my album art in iTunes; I don't even know how I'd go about doing so.

Jun 10, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #52 of 367
  How difficult would it be to support album art above the current maximum size? Judging by the speed improvements, the new FiiO has a significantly faster CPU than its predecessor - I don't really want to downconvert all my album art in iTunes; I don't even know how I'd go about doing so.

I have albums with artwork above 1000x1000 pixels and more than 1mb in size, works just fine without any lag when playing.

Jun 10, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #53 of 367
Joe BloggsI'm not sure if it's me, but I don't think the EQ is working properly in Custom mode. I have some Aurisonics 2.5s, and these go down to 8Hz, but even maxed at +6 on the EQ, the bass is not that dramatically changed between 0 and +6. I was hoping the X3 would have the power to drive the bassline better, as the IEM'S are 41ohm. 62Hz has a dramatic effect though.

Jun 10, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #54 of 367

Fiio recommends the following:
X3 2nd gen/X1/X3/X5 only support covers in jpg, bmp, png formats. The size of cover should be less than 1M. And 1024*1024 DPI is recommended. You can add internal cover into the music files through software like Foobar2000, iTune on PC. As for the external cover, it must be named as the same as the corresponding music file and put in the same folder.

I have 500x500 embedded art and I do see a 1.5 sec lag. Not bad, but a lag. Song changes right away. There was a lag on the x3 1st gen too.

Jun 10, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #55 of 367

X3 2nd gen/X1/X3/X5 only support covers in jpg, bmp, png formats. The size of cover should be less than 1M. And 1024*1024 DPI is recommended. You can add internal cover into the music files through software like Foobar2000, iTune on PC. As for the external cover, it must be named as the same as the corresponding music file and put in the same folder.

I have 500x500 embedded art and I do see a 1.5 sec lag. Not bad, but a lag. Song changes right away. There was a lag on the x3 1st gen too.

Hm, I guess I have to make sure my art all fulfills these requirements. I'm sure there's a script I can use to fix it, if that's not the case.

Also, does anyone else think that the default behavior in DAC mode should be for the scrollwheel to be unlocked and function as a volume control?

Jun 11, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #56 of 367

Hm, I guess I have to make sure my art all fulfills these requirements. I'm sure there's a script I can use to fix it, if that's not the case.

Also, does anyone else think that the default behavior in DAC mode should be for the scrollwheel to be unlocked and function as a volume control?

One cover.jpg or album.jpg (or something along those lines) can serve as album art for a whole folder these days. :popcorn:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 11, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #58 of 367
One cover.jpg or album.jpg (or something along those lines) can serve as album art for a whole folder these days.
popcorn.gif

Then an update should be made to this page: http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40042&extra=page%3D1

front.jpg also works

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #59 of 367
My coax out--the entire reason I bought the X3--wouldn't work until this firmware update.  Sadly, the quality of the output isn't usable.  Data's being lost.  If I could respond more generally--there should an instruction for removing the X3 cover.  I've never seen anything like it, and didn't want to ruin it by ripping it off, so I searched and searched and searched for the seam that would allow me to take it off carefully.  A single sentence would have spared me the aggravation.

Jun 11, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #60 of 367
I'll try replacing my coax cable with something a little more high end.  Since I'm switching from Toslink, I just bought an inexpensive--but typically quite good--Mediabridge cable until I could figure out what cable to buy for the X3.  But right now, it seems the fault lies with the X3 2nd Gen: the digital out works now with this beta firmware update, but the quality just isn't there--it sounds tinny and thin, and the stream also seems to be some missing data in the 14-18 kHz range (something just doesn't sound right in that range since some details are just gone).  Also, a 6 DB increase in the EQ's bass does not appear to produce a 6 DB increase. (I'm trying to use the X3 to drive a Schiit Gungnir DAC and Woo Audio WA2--replacing the iPad/Jive Cable/Pure i20 combo I've been using (which produces excellent sound, but which has other limitations).  Here's hoping the cable's at fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back