Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Sep 7, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #766 of 921

If you are using it with this firmware (3.34b), you can't use the DAC with Ubuntu 14.04. It could maybe be they case that it doesn't work with Linux at all. It is only 3.34b that the DAC has stopped working with my PC. If you have windows or an older firmware, the DAC should work just fine.

I had mine working with the latest version of Mint, so it should work in Linux. Actually it was pretty nice, no drivers to install, no latency issues like I have in windows. Just too bad I couldn't get my most used Win programs to work properly (Musicbee, esp.) and went back to win7.

Sep 7, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #767 of 921

I had mine working with the latest version of Mint, so it should work in Linux. Actually it was pretty nice, no drivers to install, no latency issues like I have in windows. Just too bad I couldn't get my most used Win programs to work properly (Musicbee, esp.) and went back to win7.

Maybe is it just Ubuntu it doesn't like. Plugging in the X3 in DAC mode is ok, It is just once I select the X3 on my computer to be the device that the sound gets sent to. Once I select that. Pretty much everything is unresponsive and my computer needs a total restart before it can get used again. All other X3 firmwares worked flawlessly with the DAC mode and my PC so I don't know what this is. I am quite sure I saw someone else say that this Firmware has issues with the DAC on Ubuntu.

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #768 of 921
I'm using PC so that will be fine for me. I think this will be better than my NuForce uDAC original.

I like that I can swap out the headphone amp chip and the DAC chip and possibly even the output amp or buffer or whatever it's called. Mimi have a nice soldering iron and I feel comfortable enough with the picture I have seen.

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #769 of 921

Maybe is it just Ubuntu it doesn't like. Plugging in the X3 in DAC mode is ok, It is just once I select the X3 on my computer to be the device that the sound gets sent to. Once I select that. Pretty much everything is unresponsive and my computer needs a total restart before it can get used again. All other X3 firmwares worked flawlessly with the DAC mode and my PC so I don't know what this is. I am quite sure I saw someone else say that this Firmware has issues with the DAC on Ubuntu.

have you tried shutting down pulseaudio? it might work if you only use ALSA.

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #770 of 921

have you tried shutting down pulseaudio? it might work if you only use ALSA.

It isn't related to pulseaudio. I can't close anything once the pc has become slow and unresponsive. I just hope that FiiO will take note and make sure that the X3 DAC will work well on all operating systems. As The X3 worked fine with pulseaudio on all the other firmwares, I am quite sure that is isn't pulseaudio to blame.

Sep 8, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #771 of 921

It isn't related to pulseaudio. I can't close anything once the pc has become slow and unresponsive. I just hope that FiiO will take note and make sure that the X3 DAC will work well on all operating systems. As The X3 worked fine with pulseaudio on all the other firmwares, I am quite sure that is isn't pulseaudio to blame.

but did you try it?
pulseaudio has been the source of my problems in the past. so I speak from experience.

Sep 8, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #772 of 921
  but did you try it?
pulseaudio has been the source of my problems in the past. so I speak from experience.

I haven't wanted to try anything other than pulseaudio as it works fine for everything, inculding my E10 as my computer sound card and headphone amplifier. As I said, all older firmwares worked fine with the DAC and pulse audio so I feel it is something that 3.34b doesn't like about Ubuntu 14.04. I have seen other people comment that they have had trouble with the DAC on this firmware with Ubuntu so I don't think it is just me.
I wouldn't really want to switch from pulseaudio as I like the way it works. I find it useful for other things.

Sep 8, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #773 of 921

I haven't wanted to try anything other than pulseaudio as it works fine for everything, inculding my E10 as my computer sound card and headphone amplifier. As I said, all older firmwares worked fine with the DAC and pulse audio so I feel it is something that 3.34b doesn't like about Ubuntu 14.04. I have seen other people comment that they have had trouble with the DAC on this firmware with Ubuntu so I don't think it is just me.
I wouldn't really want to switch from pulseaudio as I like the way it works. I find it useful for other things.

allright. 
I hope FiiO addresses this issue with the next release. Once it's finally out... whenever that'll be

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #774 of 921
  When are we going to have the final version? I got some stuff here that this FW doesn't recognize (previous ones did).

I have the same issue and just went back to an older FW and noticed that one artist that had missing songs had one letter capitalized/not capitalized (of/Of) on one letter. The missing albums are now there on 3.21

Edit: I can confirm the issue is with capitalization.

Sep 21, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #775 of 921
When I create a playlist, I can only access it in the Database. I see the name "Playlist1" in internal storage which is where I am wanting it to be but it says "No Playlist Found!" It works fine in the database but once I delete the one in the internal storage, the other goes too. I don't like having something in my internal storage that doesn't seem to exist. Does anyone else have this issue? I don't get why I can't play my playlist from the internal storage.

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #777 of 921
  When I create a playlist, I can only access it in the Database. I see the name "Playlist1" in internal storage which is where I am wanting it to be but it says "No Playlist Found!" It works fine in the database but once I delete the one in the internal storage, the other goes too. I don't like having something in my internal storage that doesn't seem to exist. Does anyone else have this issue? I don't get why I can't play my playlist from the internal storage.

A little confused, so I'll ask a couple of questions first;

Are you using the x3 to create the playlist?
If so, are you externally editing it?

Sep 21, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #778 of 921

A little confused, so I'll ask a couple of questions first;

Are you using the x3 to create the playlist?
If so, are you externally editing it?

I am using browse files. I then add each track to "playlist1" I have to add them in the order I want them to play for some reason. I don't quite get where it stores the playlist. To play the playlist, I need to go to "Database", "Playlist" and then "Playlist1". It works and plays fine here.

I want to play is from browse files on the internal storage though. This is where it must be located as when I plug my X3 into my PC, I see the playlist there. If I go to "Browse Files", then internal storage, it says "playlist". I select that at it says "Playback Failed - No music found!". I don't really understand this as when I deleted this one that didn't seem to be anything, I then couldn't play or even see the other one in the database.

Sep 21, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #779 of 921
I'll try play round a bit later (never really put much time into "internal playlists", but it could just be that those playlists will only work from the database (I don't remember if they're standard m3u file or not).
I'll get back to you on this after I find some time to try myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back