Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Mar 14, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #586 of 921
  Thanks for update. 
But I got an issue in latest fw: USB DAC does not work in ubuntu (14.04 LTS). When I connect x3 in DAC mode to my pc, audio devices in settings disappearing and I have to hard shut down pc.
FW 3.3 - DAC works.

I have Ubuntu 14.04 and I have just tried this out. with 3.34b, I switched to DAC mode and as soon as I plugged the X3 into my PC by USB, everything on my computer became unresponsive and I had to do a total restart. I use Pulse Audio for all my audio devices on my PC. when my PC was running again, I switched to 3.3. I plugged the X3 in again with that FW as a DAC and it worked fine! I could open Pulse Audio and switch from the device which I normally use for audio on my PC (the FiiO E10) to the X3 with no problem at all. Nothing crashed and everything worked as normal. At least when the USB mode is on normal on 3.34b, it works fine. I never use the DAC anyway so it isn't a problem for me. I just wanted to try it out since you had problems with it on 14.04.
They do sound like slightly different issues though but I am sure they are both related to this firmware.

Mar 14, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #587 of 921
  I have Ubuntu 14.04 and I have just tried this out. with 3.34b, I switched to DAC mode and as soon as I plugged the X3 into my PC by USB, everything on my computer became unresponsive and I had to do a total restart. I use Pulse Audio for all my audio devices on my PC. when my PC was running again, I switched to 3.3. I plugged the X3 in again with that FW as a DAC and it worked fine! I could open Pulse Audio and switch from the device which I normally use for audio on my PC (the FiiO E10) to the X3 with no problem at all. Nothing crashed and everything worked as normal. At least when the USB mode is on normal on 3.34b, it works fine. I never use the DAC anyway so it isn't a problem for me. I just wanted to try it out since you had problems with it on 14.04.
They do sound like slightly different issues though but I am sure they are both related to this firmware.

The log files should give some answers.

Mar 14, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #588 of 921
The FW is amazing but SQ is inferior to FW 3.0EX, so I went back to 3.0 EX for that reason. :frowning2: Why is that?!

Now for the features alone I'm considering going to 3.4b again, but frustrateed with the SQ downgrade.

EDIT: no, unfortunatly can't do that, difference in SQ is night and day... Treble, clarity, detail. Have to stick with 3.0EX till better days :S

We're the opposite. I found 3.0 to be overly bright and slightly harsh. 3.34 fixed that for me. We'll see which one of us is happy when the next FW comes out! :wink:

Mar 14, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #589 of 921
We're the opposite. I found 3.0 to be overly bright and slightly harsh. 3.34 fixed that for me. We'll see which one of us is happy when the next FW comes out!
wink.gif

confused_face_2.gif

Mar 14, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #590 of 921
One other small bug I have noticed with this firmware.  I plugged in my X3 to charge yesterday morning and, after several hours (when it should have been fully charged), the charging indicator was still red and the "battery charging" graphic was still on the screen.  

I unplugged the unit, then plugged it back it in, and the indicator light was green and the graphic indicated the unit was fully charged.  So is this just a display glitch, or does the new firmware not recognize when the battery is fully charged and stop the charging process?

Mar 14, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #591 of 921
Noticed a bug in the browse by "Artists" screen. Upon selecting an artist, the screen lists all the albums by that artist followed by an extra option to view "All Songs" by the artist. At most 7 list items (including "All Songs") can appear in this screen. So if there are more than 6 albums by an artist, we need to scroll down. For artists with 7 or more albums, the problem is that when I am selecting the last list item (which is not "All Songs"), instead of showing the audio files for that particular album only, all the files for that artist are shown. It is behaving as if I selected the "All Songs" option.

Mar 14, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #593 of 921
  Noticed a bug in the browse by "Artists" screen. Upon selecting an artist, the screen lists all the albums by that artist followed by an extra option to view "All Songs" by the artist. At most 7 list items (including "All Songs") can appear in this screen. So if there are more than 6 albums by an artist, we need to scroll down. For artists with 7 or more albums, the problem is that when I am selecting the last list item (which is not "All Songs"), instead of showing the audio files for that particular album only, all the files for that artist are shown. It is behaving as if I selected the "All Songs" option.

I can sort of understand what you mean but I don't get this with this firmware or any others I have had. I have several artists that have over 7 albums and none of them say "All Songs" at the bottom.
But then I do use "Browse Files" which is artists in my case but this may not be exactly where you mean.

Mar 14, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #594 of 921
  One other small bug I have noticed with this firmware.  I plugged in my X3 to charge yesterday morning and, after several hours (when it should have been fully charged), the charging indicator was still red and the "battery charging" graphic was still on the screen.  

I unplugged the unit, then plugged it back it in, and the indicator light was green and the graphic indicated the unit was fully charged.  So is this just a display glitch, or does the new firmware not recognize when the battery is fully charged and stop the charging process?

I think that it could maybe be a something that will only happen once. I have had this firmware for ages and that hasn't happened to my at any point. What does happen is even when the battery is very low and you put it on charge, the light is green for the first second and then it goes red. That has been the same with all of the firmwares though from what I can remember.

Mar 14, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #595 of 921

I can sort of understand what you mean but I don't get this with this firmware or any others I have had. I have several artists that have over 7 albums and none of them say "All Songs" at the bottom.
But then I do use "Browse Files" which is artists in my case but this may not be exactly where you mean.

With "Browse Files" it works fine and there's no such option as it only shows files and folders. This only comes up when you go through this route from the main menu: Category > Artist > [Some artist]

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #599 of 921

Same on Fedora 21 , system freeze and nothing info in logs , looks like kerneloops , maybe changes in DAC over USB code in FW 3.34 :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Back