Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Mar 8, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #572 of 921
What I would be really be grateful is a way to backup or export the favorites to a playlist. Currently the only playlist that can be created on the go is the fav playlist. But I have found this playlist to become corrupted easily and wont be preserved with FW updates. Thats in fact the reason I still am using FW 3.0!

I came up with a way to back up the favorites playlist by saving some files and this has saved me the trouble of recreating it when corrupted, but the new FW wont recognize the old file.

This need not be done directly by the player, an external app which allows to extract, export/import and backup the playlist in the computer would be life saving. I have seen this request for the X5 also, so the external application could be compatible with the other fiio players and FW versions. I have been trying to parse the playlist file and while I have not time to complete this task, I seems that this wont be very difficult to do by the developers at FIIO and would save literally hundreds of hours in selecting favorites in the long run.

What do you think?
redface.gif

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #573 of 921
  What I would be really be grateful is a way to backup or export the favorites to a playlist. Currently the only playlist that can be created on the go is the fav playlist. But I have found this playlist to become corrupted easily and wont be preserved with FW updates. Thats in fact the reason I still am using FW 3.0!

I came up with a way to back up the favorites playlist by saving some files and this has saved me the trouble of recreating it when corrupted, but the new FW wont recognize the old file.

This need not be done directly by the player, an external app which allows to extract, export/import and backup the playlist in the computer would be life saving. I have seen this request for the X5 also, so the external application could be compatible with the other fiio players and FW versions. I have been trying to parse the playlist file and while I have not time to complete this task, I seems that this wont be very difficult to do by the developers at FIIO and would save literally hundreds of hours in selecting favorites in the long run.

What do you think?
redface.gif

I seem to recall that the X3 uses sqllite internally for it's playlists etc. If so, this might help:

http://sqlitebrowser.org/

But this is a vague memory so make sure you only use it on a copy of your backup....

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #574 of 921
  I seem to recall that the X3 uses sqllite internally for it's playlists etc. If so, this might help:

http://sqlitebrowser.org/

But this is a vague memory so make sure you only use it on a copy of your backup....

Thanks! Will look into it as soon as I have some free time
rolleyes.gif

So the database is sql based mmm... Surely for the most experienced devs here it wouldnt be that difficult to make the app using standard apis?

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #575 of 921
Im loving the beta in every way imaginable!!! You truly do listen to the community, which many companies tend to forget. We have had the beta for a while now, when can we expect the full release? What kind of changes might we expect with the full release? Thank you for the reply in advance! 
beyersmile.png

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #576 of 921
Really liking the 3.34 beta firmware.  The 5800 song limit kept me from keeping some of the previous firmware versions installed so I was glad to see this lifted.  Once the album art issue gets fixed to properly display the graphics (which was done properly in older FW versions) this should be pretty solid.  The stretching of the album art to the very bottom of the display, combined with the current font color for the song titles, can make the titles a bit hard to read sometimes.

One little issue I did notice (and haven't seen mentioned before, but I may have missed it) is that, while I can play the X3 just fine while simultaneously charging the device, the X3 cannot be turned on if it is off and currently charging.  This isn't a major issue - sometimes I am charging the unit while listening at work and occasionally have to pause it for several minutes to take a phone call or talk to someone in my office; if the unit times off during that time, I have to unplug the USB cable, turn the X3 on, then plug the cable back in. This was not the case with older FW versions.  A minor annoyance at best, but definitely not a significant issue.  I'm not sure if this is only while charging or if at any time when the micro USB cable is plugged in.  I will see what happens when my X3 is fully charged and the cable is plugged in.

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #577 of 921
Really liking the 3.34 beta firmware.  The 5800 song limit kept me from keeping some of the previous firmware versions installed so I was glad to see this lifted.  Once the album art issue gets fixed to properly display the graphics (which was done properly in older FW versions) this should be pretty solid.  The stretching of the album art to the very bottom of the display, combined with the current font color for the song titles, can make the titles a bit hard to read sometimes.

One little issue I did notice (and haven't seen mentioned before, but I may have missed it) is that, while I can play the X3 just fine while simultaneously charging the device, the X3 cannot be turned on if it is off and currently charging.  This isn't a major issue - sometimes I am charging the unit while listening at work and occasionally have to pause it for several minutes to take a phone call or talk to someone in my office; if the unit times off during that time, I have to unplug the USB cable, turn the X3 on, then plug the cable back in. This was not the case with older FW versions.  A minor annoyance at best, but definitely not a significant issue.  I'm not sure if this is only while charging or if at any time when the micro USB cable is plugged in.  I will see what happens when my X3 is fully charged and the cable is plugged in.

You can disable "Idle power off" so the device always on..

Mar 11, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #578 of 921
Finally! I was able to export the old favorites db to a mu3 playlist using the sql browser.

Currently it is easy to add the currently playing song to the current playlist and it is possible to select an entry directly from the playlist to remove it. But I dont see how to remove the song which is currently playing without having to manually look for it on the playlist.

Now, if someone knows how to remove the file currently playing from the playlist on the fly it will be possible to ditch the favorites functionality altogether. Someone pls?

Mar 13, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #579 of 921
I may be imagining things but my X3 with this beta seems less random with it's random play.

Mar 13, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #580 of 921
  I may be imagining things but my X3 with this beta seems less random with it's random play.

I think the random thing was supposed to be fixed in this update, or the previous one. Now its supposed to work just like the x5 does on shuffle. Haven't noticed any patterns/anti-randomness myself, but haven't really paid that much attention either.

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #582 of 921
Thanks for update. 
But I got an issue in latest fw: USB DAC does not work in ubuntu (14.04 LTS). When I connect x3 in DAC mode to my pc, audio devices in settings disappearing and I have to hard shut down pc.
FW 3.3 - DAC works.

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #583 of 921
I purchased a usb splitter dongle on Amazon that I posted some thoughts on a few other threads. The dongle must report some serious goodness to the operating system as it clears up many issues for me with windows and iOS . A good nine dollar experiment that one could try to clear up DAC issues.

Another member found these and they are worth the weight in gold. Just do a search on some of my latest posts.

Mar 14, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #585 of 921
The FW is amazing but SQ is inferior to FW 3.0EX, so I went back to 3.0 EX for that reason. :frowning2: Why is that?!

Now for the features alone I'm considering going to 3.4b again, but frustrateed with the SQ downgrade.

EDIT: no, unfortunatly can't do that, difference in SQ is night and day... Treble, clarity, detail. Have to stick with 3.0EX till better days :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back