Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Dec 27, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #346 of 921
I loaded 3.22B when I saw it was available.  I did not load 3.24B because of comments regarding the battery percentage indicator and how it was inaccurate.  I really like the sound of 3.22B and will most likely stick with it since 3.30 has issues showing unknown artist. 

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #348 of 921
Hey guys! My first post here woo-hoo! Anyway just wanted to express my opinion on a new 3.30 FW. It feels much snappier than all previous updates, boot time seems faster too and finally shows track title instead of a file name (i convert cd's to a single flac file with a cue sheet). Also I want to comment on a volume changing while in a browser mode. You actually can do it, you just need to hold volume button a little longer. As for a "unknown artist" issue it's not that much of a deal breaker for me.   

Dec 27, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #349 of 921
Hey guys! My first post here woo-hoo! Anyway just wanted to express my opinion on a new 3.30 FW. It feels much snappier than all previous updates, boot time seems faster too and finally shows track title instead of a file name (i convert cd's to a single flac file with a cue sheet). Also I want to comment on a volume changing while in a browser mode. You actually can do it, you just need to hold volume button a little longer. As for a "unknown artist" issue it's not that much of a deal breaker for me.   

How...? I now just realized that my X3 shows file name above Unknown Artist where it supposed to show only title on previous version...
Gonna downgrade for now and return when the fix is here.
Btw I of course already changed the file display to "Title" in the setting

Dec 27, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #350 of 921
How...? I now just realized that my X3 shows file name above Unknown Artist where it supposed to show only title on previous version...
Gonna downgrade for now and return when the fix is here.
Btw I of course already changed the file display to "Title" in the setting

Hmm... my guess it only shows a titles if you have a single file with a cue sheet.

Dec 27, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #351 of 921
Hi

Got problems with this new firmware and with the 3.24 too (2.xx before and everything was ok)

Tracks sometimes play (especially at the beginning) like scratched CDs. Sounds like a buffering problem ?

Am I alone experiencing this kind of trouble ?

Thx

Dec 28, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #354 of 921
  Still no fix for 3.30? I thought I would be fine with the "Unknown Artist" on every song, but turned out there are some songs that I forgot who the artist is and now kinda irritates me. 

You can still do a long press on the return button then select info. It still gives you all the details about the track there. It still would be better though if it was showing the artist name while playing.

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #355 of 921
  Hi

Got problems with this new firmware and with the 3.24 too (2.xx before and everything was ok)

Tracks sometimes play (especially at the beginning) like scratched CDs. Sounds like a buffering problem ?

Am I alone experiencing this kind of trouble ?

Thx

Had the same issue in the past. Switching from a class 1 sandisk to class 10 samsung sd card seems to have solved it although admittedly class 10 should be overkill

Dec 28, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #357 of 921

You can still do a long press on the return button then select info. It still gives you all the details about the track there. It still would be better though if it was showing the artist name while playing.

Well I wouldn't want to check it like that every time lol
I really hope they would fix this issue quickly. Unknown artist is still kinda minor for me but the Title being replaced by the file name is too much :/

Dec 29, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #359 of 921
  Which is better exFAT, FAT32 or NFTS for micro SD on X3 ?

Now I am using FAT 32

exFat is for file size limit of the standard FAT32 file system. Meaning fat32 has a file size limit.

Search results of google.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExFAT

https://wiki.vuze.com/w/FAT32_file_size_limit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FAT32

vuze is stating exfat is safer.

Edit:
http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2801/exfat_versus_fat32_versus_ntfs/

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #360 of 921
Joe,

First of all, thank you for continuing to put out firmware updates for this unit.  I also like the idea of a direct link to dropbox.  That worked nicely for me.

Second, and maybe yo have done this, but your first post should point to the page where the dialog moved to the latest firmware update.

Third, it would appear that you are still using that bugzilla system.  Maybe you could confirm that for everybody?

Fourth, I would agree that the new firmware revision does not display the name of the artist correctly in some instances where it used to work just fine.  I have some new FLAC files of the The Who from HDTracks where the file names (as much as can recall) did show just fine and now the artist name is obscured.   The memory card is FAT32 formatted on the FIIO, and I did refresh the database.

Fifth, is there a change that FIIO might address some simple user interface issues.  When playing tracks in file folder mode, it would be great to simply move to the next folder when playing is complete.  Also, a simplified menu to "pop" up a level in the folder structure would be nice, and a simple way to get to the tone controls would be nice.   When mobile, those two functions are by far what I would access the most after skipping to the next track or adjusting the volume.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back