Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Dec 17, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #286 of 921
Hi Fiio maintainers.

The firmware is absolutely incredible.
I am happy that the overall performance is really improved (especially in menu).
I like the fact that now i can play some of the ape file that i was not able to play.

The only thing that i really hate is >> and << buttons.
It takes almost 1 second to reflect my changes on the screen. I hear that the current song is stopped and the next one is about to start, but do not see these changes on the screen. I see then only after the song is really changed.
And this happens even with MP3 files that are small and should not be resource-hungry :|

In other words - UI is not responsive.
As for me, it will be better to change UI first (show the next song title e.t.c.) and then start playing this song (in case if you cannot span a separate UI updater process).

Anyway, i think that this is the only problem that i see right now.
Thank you for your job!

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #287 of 921
Quick question...with this firmware which includes eq...how effective is the eq and does bass and treble also works as before along with eq

With hi res files the eq doesn't work but will bass and treble still work ?

Hardware bass and treble are working with any file and with any eq setting
For me the eq is fairly effective.. Very subtle.. But i red that they are working to improve it

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #289 of 921
I don't think so. I was able to get it to 100% when charged / topped up via USB.

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #290 of 921
Well, i tried it one more time.
Discharged it from 83 to 81% by listening to some music and then plugged in to AC.

The result is - 81% after 1 hour staying on green hardware indicator.
Am i doing something wrong? :\

Dec 18, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #291 of 921
Try charging it via USB, worked for me. AC also stops charging my X3 at 83% with 3.24beta.

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #294 of 921
So at the moment we just charge until the green light comes on then disconnect.

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #295 of 921
So at the moment we just charge until the green light comes on then disconnect.

That's all I've ever done. Don't worry about the numbers just press play
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #297 of 921
I'd like to report a bug. My X3 freezes when I hit "Unknown Artist" if there are no songs under that category (i.e., all songs have proper Artist tags). The unit completely freezes and had to be force shutdown (i.e., no Goodbye screen before power off).

Dec 20, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #298 of 921
  I'd like to report a bug. My X3 freezes when I hit "Unknown Artist" if there are no songs under that category (i.e., all songs have proper Artist tags). The unit completely freezes and had to be force shutdown (i.e., no Goodbye screen before power off).

i don't think it is normal to see " unknown artist " in the list in the time that you don't have unknown artist !! ... so i would suggest you to : 
- revise your collection to see if it has unknown artist or not ..
- if not .. connect your x3 to the computer>go to x3 main directory ( not the sd card ) > show hidden files > delete 2 files will be shown ( don't remember their names unfortunately)  > disconnect your device > go to settings > update library  

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #299 of 921
Thanks for the reply. I found out that some of my FLAC files were missing the Artist field, even though the corresponding CUE files had that information. I fixed those and followed your instructions, and "Unknown Artist" disappeared. I still don't think what I did should cause a hard crash though--that's definitely a bug, albeit one that's pretty obscure.

Quote:
  i don't think it is normal to see " unknown artist " in the list in the time that you don't have unknown artist !! ... so i would suggest you to : 
- revise your collection to see if it has unknown artist or not ..
- if not .. connect your x3 to the computer>go to x3 main directory ( not the sd card ) > show hidden files > delete 2 files will be shown ( don't remember their names unfortunately)  > disconnect your device > go to settings > update library  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back