Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Dec 12, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #271 of 921
Yeah but tried several different uploads. The files play ok on my laptop. So it seems like the X3's read/process speed arent adequate.
Since all of your x3s play them smooth, it must be the reading speed.
Couple of good ideas were brought up here that i want to try first..will give it a go after work.

Could be the files got corrupted during the transfer to the x3/sd card. Another thing I found that can work if that isn't the case is do a flac-flac conversion. Sometimes the file header can get messed up, or just give the x3 fits.

Dec 13, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #273 of 921
Well, I have been using FW 3.22b for a few weeks now and I have just tried out 3.0 to compare it. I diffinately think that the treble is a little bit cleaner on 3.22b compared to 3.0. Every now and then, I do use the equliser for certain types of music but other than that, I much prefew the hardware bass and treble controls.

Dec 13, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #275 of 921
Having an issue and was wondering if anyone shares my concerns.

I downloaded both FW upgrades and the Dapper app (I'm running OS 10.9).  Went through the setup process via the developer who was kind enough to lend a hand (thanks, Jeremy).  Though the playlists and music associated with those lists loaded on my x3, when I try and play one through the browser (doesn't let me access them through the playlist feature), I get an error message saying that the playlist isn't found, yet the m3u file is loaded.  However, I can access the music through the browser.

Anyone experiencing a similar issue and know a way to fix this?

Dec 14, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #276 of 921
Does anybody know if there is a way display the album artwork correctly? I have various sizes most are 500 x 500. Also, to the devs, the shuffle mode should play an album then stop once it cycles through all the tracks.

Dec 14, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #277 of 921
12997 songs on a playlist (M3U) on a 128gb Sandisk card, formatted Fat32 with the player.  Shuffles correctly, remembers last position correctly.  Takes a good 3-4 minutes to load the playlist when selected.  Just info for feedback and those curious. All MP3.

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #278 of 921
This might be possible to do already.
With Itunes when you click on the track and go to Get info, then click the Options tab, you can select what time to start playing that track and when to stop.
So when thats set, if you play the track on your ipod it will play the track from halfway were you have set it. So this saves you editing cutting down the track but still keeping the whole song.

Can this be done some how with foobar2000 and the X3 will pick up

Dec 15, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #279 of 921
@Joe Bloggs: Are there plans to bring back the balance and gain controls for the USB DAC mode that used to be available on the X3 before the FW 'unfication' between the X5 and X3? Ever since that the USB DAC mode via the headphone out is useless to me since I need the balance controls to compensate for a slight hearing imbalance between my left and right ear, I also miss the high gain option with some of my harder to drive cans.

I second the wish to have access to the bass and treble controls via the quickmenu again as well. I never, ever, need quick access to switch between the play modes (could, as somebody else has mentioned, unified into one multi-setting tile) but sorely miss the quick access for B&T controls and an EQ on/off option would also make good sense, as others have mentiioned before me.
As nice as some of the newer features and better sound are (compared to the 2.x FWs), losing all those control options was a step backwards IMHO.

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #280 of 921
Having an issue and was wondering if anyone shares my concerns.

I downloaded both FW upgrades and the Dapper app (I'm running OS 10.9).  Went through the setup process via the developer who was kind enough to lend a hand (thanks, Jeremy).  Though the playlists and music associated with those lists loaded on my x3, when I try and play one through the browser (doesn't let me access them through the playlist feature), I get an error message saying that the playlist isn't found, yet the m3u file is loaded.  However, I can access the music through the browser.

Anyone experiencing a similar issue and know a way to fix this?

Can you copy and paste the text from one of these m3u playlists here? Also, what directory (if any) are the m3u files and the music files placed in respectively?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 16, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #281 of 921
Please, a key to mark a song to be next to play before the actual song play ends and then continue in the order of the folder or library on that new song. All without adding to favorites or playlist. Simple.

For example, hold the center play button for 2 seconds to mark a song in the library or in a folder to be the next to play.

Thanks!

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #282 of 921
EQ with 3.24beta DOES NOT WORK

has anyone else noticed that 3.24beta fixes the EQ settings so custom presets can be saved ...great !
Its useless though, since the EQ doesnt actually work !
There is NO change in sound or tone at all.

3.22beta EQ works fine but is useless since any custom preset is wiped out everytime you restart. Wish it worked properly
frown.gif

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #285 of 921
Quick question...with this firmware which includes eq...how effective is the eq and does bass and treble also works as before along with eq

With hi res files the eq doesn't work but will bass and treble still work ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back