Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Dec 5, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #211 of 921
Sad to say that many who complained about the sound drop when they use EQ has completely no idea about the principle of sound and EQ. Do some research and stop whining for goodness sake. Ignorance is an ear ache and eye sore especially when we need to hear all this unnecessary rants about why the sound drops when you're using EQ. For goodness sake learn and understand what EQ does before you go on your endless rant......GOSH....if you don't know what sound is then take the trouble to do some research and learn for goodness sake, and stop blaming anybody before you really understand what you're talking about

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #212 of 921
Sad to say that many who complained about the sound drop when they use EQ has completely no idea about the principle of sound and EQ. Do some research and stop whining for goodness sake. Ignorance is an ear ache and eye sore especially when we need to hear all this unnecessary rants about why the sound drops when you're using EQ. For goodness sake learn and understand what EQ does before you go on your endless rant......GOSH....if you don't know what sound is then take the trouble to do some research and learn for goodness sake, and stop blaming anybody before you really understand what you're talking about

Who is ranting now? Sorry to offend you.

Dec 5, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #213 of 921

My old iAudio X5L which ran Rockbox did exactly the same when EQ was enabled so the drop in volume wasn't much of a surprise for me. I just turn high gain on and that helps a little.

Dec 5, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #214 of 921

As i said before ... I am kinda of eq geek .. So i had many players with eq before .. You may didn't hear a quality eq before .. Sony walkman players ... Android sony walkman with the stock eq and jet audio equalizer .. All of them don't drop the sound at all .. Hard ware equalizers didn't do that at all ... A rockboxed ipod classic has the option to control the amount of volume cut level to reach a 0 cut in volume ... So when i say that it cuts unnecessary volume with minimal change in sound when playing with it .. I mean it and i know that is true ... Try them by yourself then judge

Dec 5, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #215 of 921
As i said before ... I am kinda of eq geek .. So i had many players with eq before .. You may didn't hear a quality eq before .. Sony walkman players ... Android sony walkman with the stock eq and jet audio equalizer .. All of them don't drop the sound at all .. Hard ware equalizers didn't do that at all ... A rockboxed ipod classic has the option to control the amount of volume cut level to reach a 0 cut in volume ... So when i say that it cuts unnecessary volume with minimal change in sound when playing with it .. I mean it and i know that is true ... Try them by yourself then judge

I've been tweaking EQs for a living so you understand where I'm coming from so please don't tell me I've never heard a good EQ before. It's going to take a long post to talk about what EQ is and I strongly suggest you read up more about EQ before stating your claims on EQ :wink:

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #216 of 921
I've been tweaking EQs for a living so you understand where I'm coming from so please don't tell me I've never heard a good EQ before. It's going to take a long post to talk about what EQ is and I strongly suggest you read up more about EQ before stating your claims on EQ :wink:

Save your posts .. It is not the right thread to write a long post about equalizers .. And yes i know few things about software eqs BESIDE hearing them and i gave you very clear examples in portable audio to try it yourself and.. Good luck making your living from tweaking equalizers without hearing them
Oh .. And if you don't have access to an android player or sony walkman or ipod touch eq app ... Open your laptop and open winamp , jetaudio or any other player you choose then enable its eq with flat setting and see how much the volume drops then go and tell the peoplewho made all those apps and programs that they are doing it wrong because you have red about equalizers alot and there must be a massive volume drop Mr. "equalizer reader"!!!

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #217 of 921
I just don't really like the eq on the x3. Not because of the vol cut, I understand the reason for that, but it makes the sound artificial. Then again, I'm not good at eqing. I only steal people's eq settings ...

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #218 of 921
Save your posts .. It is not the right thread to write a long post about equalizers .. And yes i know few things about software eqs BESIDE hearing them and i gave you very clear examples in portable audio to try it yourself and.. Good luck making your living from tweaking equalizers without hearing them
Oh .. And if you don't have access to an android player or sony walkman or ipod touch eq app ... Open your laptop and open winamp , jetaudio or any other player you choose then enable its eq with flat setting and see how much the volume drops then go and tell the peoplewho made all those apps and programs that they are doing it wrong because you have red about equalizers alot and there must be a massive volume drop Mr. "equalizer reader"!!!

Sorry I wasted my time and effort conversing with you....bye

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #219 of 921
I love the eq feature.  Allows me to add a touch of high end treble, and a touch of deep bass.  Bass lower than the hardware adjustments, and treble higher.  Just a touch made a world of difference, to me.  As for the volume, really?  I'm running BD990Pro250 cans and never exceed 80/120.  Ever.  

Also, I find battery life more than good now.  Mine started 14 days ago at 73% or so, and I just plugged it in, at 21%.  I use it daily, for a average of 45 min.  That seems pretty good to me, not Cowon-like, but at high gain driving 250ohm cans, I'm not complaining. 

For me, fix the 5800, and I'm done!  

Thanks, Fiio!

Dec 6, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #220 of 921
Hello everyone. I'm using beta firmware 3.24 for some time and I have enountered following problem. When I'm playin my 44/16 WAV files ripped by Exact Audio Copy from my CD threre are always interruption. I don't have any problems witha FLAC files. I have removed covers from music catalog but it didn't helped. I have experienced this issue on FW 3.0 too and it was one of the reasons to stay with 2.1 ( haven't got any problems with this old FW). I was hope that with this beta there will be no problem. Is there anyone with similar problem ?
Regards.

Dec 7, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #223 of 921
Well I went back to 3.0 then upgraded to 3.24 so will see what happens ever since I installed the new firmware I've had this problem. Tested the cans with my amp and no problem I've ruled everything out it's a bug I guess..

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #224 of 921
Hotly debated EQ topic

Any boost in the EQ runs the risk of digital clipping, hence the digital levels have to be brought down before going to the DAC. Whether this results in an audible drop in volume depends on the platform. There are lots of tricks you can play to avoid an audible drop:

1. Not giving a s**t, letting the digital levels fall where they may and clip (eg (early?) iPod EQ)
2. Bringing down the digital levels even when EQ is off
3. Bringing up the hardware gain by the same amount as the drop in digital gain (this is what the X1 is doing now, hence the volume caps at 88 instead of 100 when EQ is on. Hard to match volumes precisely, though)
4. Providing a user-controllable preamp slider (great for seasoned EQ users, not-so-great for most users)
5. Automatically lowering the digital level by the same amount as the highest boost band in the user-configured EQ (thus no change in volume when all sliders are at zero, but volume drops whenever any settings are applied)
6. Adding a digital limiter in the chain to deal with clipping (avoids obvious clipping distortion but causes volume pumping when the limiter works too hard)
7. ....

(3) appears to be the direction we will take in future firmwares.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 7, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #225 of 921
Hello everyone. I'm using beta firmware 3.24 for some time and I have enountered following problem. When I'm playin my 44/16 WAV files ripped by Exact Audio Copy from my CD threre are always interruption. I don't have any problems witha FLAC files. I have removed covers from music catalog but it didn't helped. I have experienced this issue on FW 3.0 too and it was one of the reasons to stay with 2.1 ( haven't got any problems with this old FW). I was hope that with this beta there will be no problem. Is there anyone with similar problem ?
Regards.

Please contact support@fiio.net detailing your problem with gapless with wavs. We don't find such a problem in internal testing :|

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back