Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Nov 19, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #107 of 921
Thanks for posting 3.24Beta!  Gapless on FLAC music files working perfectly for me.  I don't have an issue with the numeric battery indicator-I wear glasses and can read the display fine.  (I use Theme 1-red/white)
Charlie

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #108 of 921
I use theme 6 as I find that one is easiest to read the track that is playing as it is yellow on a black background. The battery percentage is very hard to read because it has extremely small white numbers on yellow.

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #110 of 921
Er, mediafire is saying that 3.24 was blocked for violating TOS o.o  Does anyone have a mirror on Dropbox or something?

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #111 of 921
  Haven't tried yet, but looks like we could be able to do this in our mods

In "config" file topbar just has these lines:

##------topbar font config begin-----
<topbar_volume_color>0xFFFFFF</topbar_volume_color>    #音量值字体颜色
<topbar_volume_warnning_color>0xffffff</topbar_volume_warnning_color>    #警告音量值字体颜色
<topbar_text_color>0xFFFFFF</topbar_text_color>        #标题字体颜色
<battery_color>0xffffff</battery_color>
<battery_low_color>0xffffff</battery_low_color>

<topbar_volume_size>14</topbar_volume_size>            #音量值字体大小
<topbar_text_size>14</topbar_text_size>                #标题字体大小
-----topbar font config end-----##

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #112 of 921
Well, download works fine now, that was odd..

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #113 of 921

In "config" file topbar just has these lines:

##------topbar font config begin-----
<topbar_volume_color>0xFFFFFF</topbar_volume_color>    #音量值字体颜色
<topbar_volume_warnning_color>0xffffff</topbar_volume_warnning_color>    #警告音量值字体颜色
<topbar_text_color>0xFFFFFF</topbar_text_color>        #标题字体颜色
<battery_color>0xffffff</battery_color>
<battery_low_color>0xffffff</battery_low_color>

<topbar_volume_size>14</topbar_volume_size>            #音量值字体大小
<topbar_text_size>14</topbar_text_size>                #标题字体大小
-----topbar font config end-----##

Just tried. Does work. In the topbar coords. there are settings for the battery icon (iv) and battery text (tv). Just move em round so they aren't overlapped. Only problem is we can't change the font size (hint for Fiio....14pt please). 
Need to find a new version of litegui now. The one I have doesn't seem to work with 3.22b +, so I can't post a screenshot.

<edit> Seems the fw doesn't like changing the icon sizes for the topbar. Didn't matter what coords I used the text was shoved all the way to the right. So I just changed the existing battery icon so it was only using the left part and nerfed the text over bout 5 px.

Had to manually add the numbers, for the screenshot, but you get the jist...

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #114 of 921

Hi guys,

just joined this forum, i am a happy owner of a X3 and i would like to know if it's possible to upload the firmware somewhere else, dropbox for example?.. I am in China and most file hosting services are blocked..

Also, a couple issues that have probably been mentioned in the past

1. Is there any chance to add quick access to bass/treble setting from now playing screen and not have to go all the way to root menu etc?

2. I will quote recephasan 's previous comment which in my opinion is indeed very annoying..

Quote:

Thanks for the excellent support.

I wonder if there'll be changes to the navigation.

Navigating through files, I have a constant nagging "issue":

If I go to another folder from the "now playing" screen and decide not to select any files, I need to go all the way up to the root if I want to I go back to the "now playing" screen.

And the next time I hit the same button combination to, say, go up one folder, I am back in the root. I have to remember where the file that is currently playing is, and go there manually.

I wonder if you could make it so that I navigate from the "now playing" screen each time, and not from root.

thanks for your support

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #115 of 921
Hi guys,

just joined this forum, i am a happy owner of a X3 and i would like to know if it's possible to upload the firmware somewhere else, dropbox for example?.. I am in China and most file hosting services are blocked..

Also, a couple issues that have probably been mentioned in the past

1. Is there any chance to add quick access to bass/treble setting from now playing screen and not have to go all the way to root menu etc?

2. I will quote recephasan 's previous comment which in my opinion is indeed very annoying..

Quote:

Thanks for the excellent support.

I wonder if there'll be changes to the navigation.

Navigating through files, I have a constant nagging "issue":

If I go to another folder from the "now playing" screen and decide not to select any files, I need to go all the way up to the root if I want to I go back to the "now playing" screen.

And the next time I hit the same button combination to, say, go up one folder, I am back in the root. I have to remember where the file that is currently playing is, and go there manually.

I wonder if you could make it so that I navigate from the "now playing" screen each time, and not from root.

thanks for your support

Now Playing screen on X5 now memorizes its path through the situations you describe--here's to hoping the X3 firmware will be updated likewise soon :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 20, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #116 of 921
I would very much agree that a few fairly simple interface changes would greatly improve the usage of this unit (and other units).  I fully agree that quick access to tone controls, channel balance, etc. is a great idea.  And quick navigation to the folder that is currently playing makes great sense.

And as I have stated so many times that I am sure you are all quite sick of me, a simple feature to skip to songs in the next folder (of course make this optional in the setup menus) would be extremely helpful.  I for one am not playlist oriented but am folder (and album) oriented.  

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #118 of 921
Here is my take on SQ for 3.24. First off I am not audiophile. I just got into this HD stuff about a year ago when I picked up my X3 and a set of Sony XBA-4s. Since then I have upgraded the FW twice to most recently FW3.0 before 3.24 and just added an E12A. 

Songs include a little of everything in 256ACC and ALAC.  The XBA's are a pretty good IEM which excels in EDM and Electronic but still holds its own with other genres. I am shopping for a set of good headphones this Christmas and are looking forward to this purchase.

FW3.0 without the E12A was great. It was a big improvement IMO. I then purchased the E12A a few days ago and played with this for while with FW3.0. One thing I noticed was more solid bottom end with more oomph - but not overly - I liked it and the Sony's responded well except after a few days of really listening to different genres I found the midrange to have this strange slight resonance with the E12A. Maybe due to the full range amature of the BA's.

With the equalizer setting now in 3.2X I decided to give 3.24 a try to try to get that 1Khz bump I was hearing down a bit.I Installed it last night and found that there was more detail but the slight resonance was still there. The equalizer setting helped get this down and it sounds much better now however that detail I am hearing is a little to spiky - I suppose I could tame it with the equalizer but to be honest I prefer no equalizer. Again, it could be my IEMs but they were really good with no E12A and FW3.0. The other issue is that I definitely noticed some more background noise with FW3.24.

I suppose my ask is to have FW3.0 sound with an equalizer setting. Also, with equalizer set to ON and equalizer on Custom flat the sound is much softer (lower level - like a gain issue) than with it off. I find this odd as it should be the same as both are flat and I find this annoying.

DDS.

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #119 of 921
Hey all. Anyone else use aac? I've noticed for a while that the genre on my files isn't showing up correct. I can't remember if this has been reported to Fiio either (been like this for quite a few versions)

<edit>I see this has been posted on bugzilla, but not sure if Fiio even tracks that anymore. Doesn't seem to have been updated in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back