Official Unofficial 8XX Discussion Thread - UPDATE SENNHEISER HAS BEEN SOLD!!! GT(heck)IH
Mar 12, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #376 of 1,479
It's quite weird a move, don't understand why Sennheiser would start something that would cannibalize its current flagship HD800S.

If it's after the new flagship HD900, I can understand it, but for now too confusing to me.

Mar 12, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #377 of 1,479
It's quite weird a move, don't understand why Sennheiser would start something that would cannibalize its current flagship HD800S.

If it's after the new flagship HD900, I can understand it, but for now too confusing to me.
If the 8XX cannibalizes the 800S, Drop still has to buy it from them and then they have the option of discontinuing the "S" and possibly replacing it. If it doesn't then they keep on selling the 800S; either way they still make $$$ and have optionality.

Mar 12, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #378 of 1,479
Right... did Nvidia and AMD say look, you are allowed to talk about it but not show the card, gameplay footage nor any FPS screenshots? :rolling_eyes:

I know, but he mentioned somewhere that the pair drop sent him is just a modified 800s, so nothing special to see and it doesn’t reflect how the final product will look.
This is the correct answer: the visual comparison would have yielded next to nothing, and looks nothing like the finalised design (which I assume was shown to us in the form of a render).

It's also possible that the modified 800 S design can be reasonably retrofitted by the modding community, so I can also understand them not wanting to tip their hand for the sake of their sales.

Mar 12, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #379 of 1,479
Well.. believe what you will.. as I’ve mentioned, I support new comers to join the 8** family. It’s just odd they specifically barred showing the headphone when we already know what it will look like eventually (cmon press photos are already out.. what embargo???).. And we are all more interested in the sound.

Not allowing reviewers to show the prototype just distracts and diverts the conversation away from how it sounds.. exactly what we are doing now. Specially since it’s just going to sit in the 800S frame with a dash of blue.. what’s the problem with showing it??

I sincerely hope this product goes well and brings more to the joys of the headphones

Mar 17, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #390 of 1,479
Certainly removed the sense of exclusivity.
I mean that is how massdrop operates now a days false scarcity with bad/no communication with what is going on, I mean *** they even claimed they wouldn't be able to do 3000 when it was obvious they wouldn't even reach that number now they want more people to pay

no update by them I see why it was changed or if the price will change at some point or if there is any difference ordering it later or now, big slap in the face IMo to the people who did order combined with the fact they may have been scammed into paying months in advance (again we don't even know the specifics because massdrops has said nothing at the tome of my original post)

if there are any updates anyone should feel free to post this is a wild rodeo, glad i didn't give them a free loan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back