Official Unofficial 8XX Discussion Thread - UPDATE SENNHEISER HAS BEEN SOLD!!! GT(heck)IH
Mar 17, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #392 of 1,473
Seriously we don’t really need a number update everyday or even once in 2 days...

Mar 17, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #393 of 1,473
Imo this has a lot of potential but it'd be foolish to spend this much money on something that may or may not live up to that potential many months from now. Yes you can get the money back risk-free but in the meantime it's basically an interest-free loan to Drop.

Maybe I'm just cynical but I feel like they announced this so far in advance to capitalize on American stimulus checks :joy:

Mar 18, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #397 of 1,473
As a buyer, I'm totally happy for anyone who wants to enjoy a great headphone like this have the opportunity for the next 8 months. Explosion of sales they were hoping for not happening, but a steady trickle in and reviews that basically translate to if you like the 800s, you'll like this too.

I'm not losing anything and neither is anyone else who bought early. All free to cancel their orders and even send back if they don't like it after delivery.

Mar 18, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #398 of 1,473
This whole launch feels weird and bad. As of now, from my perspective there is little differences that have been made as far as sound goes. People can probably EQ to some extent and get the same results.
Hopefully a new flagship, a real flagship will surface next year or so. That I'd be interested in

Mar 18, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #400 of 1,473
It's quite weird a move, don't understand why Sennheiser would start something that would cannibalize its current flagship HD800S.

If it's after the new flagship HD900, I can understand it, but for now too confusing to me.

Keep in mind that Sennheiser sells the HD800S to dealers for significantly less than the retail price. They may well have higher margins on the HD8xx than on the HD800S. Further, it appears that Sennheiser is having money issues (they are looking for investors), so banking a million bucks or so prior to building anything may help them with cash flow.

Mar 19, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #401 of 1,473
866. That’s 13 today.

I believe most of those came from early in the day and then once the time remaining updated from 2 days to 8 months, it slowed right down.

880. That’s 14 on the last day of the initial month.

That would be revenue of $968,000 in a month.

2,120 left to sell in 8 months.

Maybe we’ll see how things stand in a month or two from now.

Mar 20, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #402 of 1,473
I'll be posting my written review within the next few days. I did what I could under the circumstances, so don't expect a masterpiece.

jurihan1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back