OFFICIAL: UK Meet - 27th October 2007 - Manchester
Sep 19, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #47 of 326
Email sent... Thanks

Sep 19, 2007 at 12:16 PM Post #48 of 326
Damn, just reading through the contract and it states that we must have public liability insurance up to 5 million quid!

Can we get round this by all agreeing to attend totally at our own risk?

Sep 19, 2007 at 12:53 PM Post #49 of 326
Spanner ---> Works

How about we just keep the number of deaths to a minimum?
blink.gif

Edit: I read this, it sound more like the centre itself needs cover to me. Something to double check perhaps? IANAL.

Sep 19, 2007 at 1:14 PM Post #50 of 326
3.6 Not later than 2 weeks before commencement of the Event, a copy of the Hirer’s Child Protection Policy where the event involves children/young people under the age of 18 years.

1) ^ Anyone planning to come who is under 18? The T&C say there must be a child protection plan for the event for anyone under this age.

12.2 Without the previous consent in writing of the Conference Centre neither the Hirer (its employees, agents or sub-contractors) nor any Delegate shall:

12.2.4 bring any electrical appliances other than personal items for individual use (excluding kettles and such other items as the Conference Centre may specify details of which the Hirer may obtain from the Conference Centre’s Conference Office on request) onto the Premises;

2) ^ We need permission to bring all of our stuff.

3)Plus the public liability insurance. Which can be organised over the phone with an insurance company for a day event probably for very little money.

Sep 19, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #52 of 326
Hmm - on the kit front, I'm afraid I've been a bad boy and sold my DHA3000. No one will ever hear this brilliant amp now :frowning2:

However, to balance this out, I may be getting a Supra XLR SDS in time for the meet....

Sep 19, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #53 of 326
If they are really fussy and want us to PAT test all our gear, the costs are going to be quite high. We need to clarify this with them.

Sep 19, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #54 of 326
They verbally confirmed that we will not be required to PAT test our gear and that we will be fine to bring our gear and plug it in. I asked for this in writing but did not receive it with the contract.

I just tried calling both people I've spoken to in the past, but they are both now on leave.

The other contact I have must have gone home for the day as his phone is just ringing out.

I'll try again in the morning.

I just got an online quote for private function public liability insurance which came to £140odd quid.

I really need to speak to someone in the centre to see if we can all sign a disclaimer so we can get around this (seeing as no real "public" will be in the room, only us lot).

Why oh why is there always something to put a spanner in the works?

Sep 19, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #55 of 326
ooooooo sounds like enough spanners in there...... Trust you to sort it out though as you seem pretty damn efficient. Think i can say we are all praying that they don't go back on their word.

Been having a word with Dale (Nuwidol) and hope it's not too cheaky to ask if there is the possiblilty of crashing somewhere, and would there be parking available for 1 car as we are coming up together?

cheers

Sep 19, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #56 of 326
I'll get it cracked tomorrow.

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:55 AM Post #57 of 326
OK, we're on. No messing about... We're good to go.

I spoke to a guy this morning who said "I'm surprised you read the contract... No one does". He confirmed that so long as they're aware before the date roughly how many are coming and what sort of stuff we're plugging in (which I've told him), then we're cool. We don't need public liability insurance etc. They have their own insurance for people on site anyway, so he didn't really know why that was in the contract.

Our kit will not be covered by any insurance though, so make sure your stuff is covered by your home contents insurance for use outside your home.

I'm signing the stuff now and faxing it across.

To repeat... We're on!
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, to reitterate: You're coming at your own risk... I cannot and will not be liable or responsible for anything other than paying the bill for the room.

Sep 20, 2007 at 9:12 AM Post #58 of 326
Signed and Faxed
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back