OFFICIAL: UK Meet - 27th October 2007 - Manchester
Sep 25, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #76 of 326
Quote:

Originally Posted by piotr z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so is there anyone left without transport from scotland (kirkcaldy ) or have some room for me in their car ? - looking for some comrades for journey

I believe Duggeh is leaving from Scotland.

It's nice to see more interest in this meet. At this rate I may struggle to listen to all the gear I want to in one day.

I've been spamming several other threads with invitations.
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #77 of 326
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnerH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question on sources, what are they going to be like? is it worth me brining a worn down old Philips DVD/CD player? I'm planning on bringing my laptop & Cowon M3L mp3 player.... and also a huge selection of CD's...let me know what you guys think...

Again josh well done! You've done the community proud...

EDIT: Scratch the philips, how about me bringing my Onkyo CR-515DAB player as a source player? Seems like a better source don't you think...
600smile.gif

I can bring a Meridian G08, if I can manage it on the train (anyone driving from York and wants to share fuel costs - please PM me!)
It won't play DVDs, but it's pretty darn good at playing CDs.
wink.gif

Sep 25, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #78 of 326
Quote:

Originally Posted by shadesbass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can bring a Meridian G08, if I can manage it on the train (anyone driving from York and wants to share fuel costs - please PM me!)
It won't play DVDs, but it's pretty darn good at playing CDs.
wink.gif

Wow I'll be impressed if you can bring it in the first place
icon10.gif
I'd really like to bring my NAD C542 but its probably too much of a PITA. We seem to be a bit short on CDPs though. Someone give me a lift!
blink.gif

Sep 25, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #79 of 326
Doesn't Captain live in York now, or am I making that up?

Sep 25, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #80 of 326
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJoshua /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't Captain live in York now, or am I making that up?

That's what his profile says. Is he coming then? I didn't see him on the list.

Sep 25, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #81 of 326
No, he hasn't said he's coming, but maybe you should give him a prod (via PM
wink.gif
) to see if he'd like to share a lift and come over.

Sep 26, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #83 of 326
Argh, realised I have not been paying any attention and the meet has all been organised and sorted out in my absence. I still intend to ATTEMPT to come, but I need to look at my timetable/assessments (final year is a cruel mistress) before I make a decision. If anybody is driving up from the Bristol area, this would be a help...

I should know in the next week or so what's going on, and keep you posted. If I make it, I've even got a freebie I can chuck away to somebody, but I'll keep it a secret for the moment...

Sep 26, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #84 of 326
I wish it was easier to get from the south east to Manchester via public transport; as it stands i don't think i'm going to be able to afford travel and 2 night's accomodation (This month has been expensive enough as it is
tongue.gif
).

Sep 26, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #85 of 326
I'll be driving from Huntingdon to York on Friday night if that's any help? Driving back down to Huntingdon on Sunday night too.
A return train ticket from York to Manchester is less than £20, but you'd still need accommodation as I only have a 1 bed flat in York.

That offer goes to anyone else (up to 4) for whom a lift from Huntingdon would be useful.

Sep 27, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #87 of 326
Apologies for the triple post (bump?
wink.gif
)
Does anyone know what the parking is like there, and whether it's easy to get to? Oh, and how much it costs?
Thinking I might drive across, depending on what gear I end up bringing.

Sep 28, 2007 at 8:21 AM Post #88 of 326
Parking is next-door (Multi-Story) and I think it's about £3 per day at the weekend.

I'm up for some food afterwards.

Sep 28, 2007 at 8:49 AM Post #89 of 326
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJoshua /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Parking is next-door (Multi-Story) and I think it's about £3 per day at the weekend.

I'm up for some food afterwards.

Bugger. I've literally just booked train tickets.
frown.gif

I get into Manchester Piccadilly at 10:20 and have to leave at 17:21. Although I might write it off and drive instead.

Sep 28, 2007 at 11:19 AM Post #90 of 326
Well....I was thinking that anyone who's sticking about until sunday we could all go out...meal, drinks, etc...

Anyone up for that ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back