Official Thread: Southern/Charlotte CanFest 2009
Feb 15, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #181 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by ejmcgee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey everyone! New here (well I've been lurking for a while).
Live in Lincolnton and I'm finding this oppurtunity just to good to pass up. Never been to one before.
I'll be bringing:
STAX SR Lambda Pro's / SRD 7Pro energizer
Koss ESP/950's w/STAX adapter

You CAN NOT miss this, if you do I will hunt you down and give you a dope slap.

Feb 16, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #182 of 244
I should be there. If so, I may bring my Balanced Mini3 and W3000.

Danny, I'll be contacting you about some raffle tickets just in case I can't make it.

Feb 16, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #183 of 244
Everyone craves photos after a meet. How about a few prior to this week’s big event?

Ken from ALO sent me a case full of grownup toys. Needless to say, its been difficult shutting down at night to go to bed !

Goodies include ALO cabled Grado GS1000s, AKG K702s and Ultrasone HFI 780s.

Currently I’m listening to the 780 plugged directly to my 5G iPod running lossless. Nice detail, but ya gotta be into bass to fully appreciate these.

I’ve got a number of hours on the K702s directly from my RWA Isabella tube linestage with internal NOS DAC. These wonderful phones are going to give Danny’s AKG K1000s a good run for the money. And since Danny’s Ks will be at my station, equipped with Moon Black Dragon hardwire driven by my RWA 30.2 / Isabella rig, so you can be the judge!

I’ve only got a few songs on the GS1000s so far. But they are next in line for some extended listening.

Vinnie and Ken promise to have their new dedicated Headamp at my doorstep before the week is over. Vinnnie wants me to loan it to other listening stations, if you want to give it a good listen (it will not be burned in, but based on past experience, Vinnie’s gear sounds very good fresh from the factory).

Looking forward to the big day!

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #184 of 244
DannyB - First, thanks for organizing this. I'm looking forward to being there and meeting everybody (and trying on some headphones).

I just called the hotel and made a reservation at the regular rate. The person I spoke with could not find the CanFEST 09 rate. She checked in the group and corporate rates.

I thought about PM'ing this to you but decided to just post it in the thread for now. Is the CanFEST 09 rate still valid?

**edit** - I just read one of your older posts and you said ask for Kayla if there is a problem. I'll do that tomorrow morning then update this post.

**update** - I called this morning and talked to Kayla. I was able to get the discounted rate.

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #185 of 244
Hi Danny,

Since I am the first time to the meeting, do you have a meeting agenda? I am from RTP and plan to leave home very early in the morning on next Saturday, I would like to know is 8:30am at the hotel early enough? what about parking?

Thanks a lot for organizing this!

Feb 16, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #186 of 244
Parking should not be a problem since the hotel has its own parking lot at no charge. The Event officially opens at 9AM and goes to 4PM. There is no formal agenda other than the esteemed, or is it steamed, Joseph Grado will be presenting at 1PM for about an hour and will be mingling with guests throughout the day. So, that is about it. Just show up, meet some fellow audionutz, and have a GREAT time. Oh, and don't forget to enter the raffle for some terrific prizes.

Feb 16, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #188 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You CAN NOT miss this, if you do I will hunt you down and give you a dope slap.

fatcat28037, I WILL NOT MISS this, but you can slap me anyway when I get there!

Feb 16, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #190 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kent, thanks for the teaser and great pics. I look forward to renting you my K1Ks. Hmmm, how much should I charge per hour?

Danny, the rental fee will be paid by letting you hear the K702s out of the Isabella. Other than your electrostats, my old K1000s were the best phones I'd ever heard (for my listening tastes, etc. -- and yes, I've heard 701s on a variety of amps [but NOT on the Isabella
icon10.gif
] ). These K702s are absolutely amazing! Going to make for a very interesting comparison with the Ks on same source / linestage. Kent

Feb 16, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #191 of 244
You sure can DannyB, but not 'til after I hear the Jade e'stats! Don't want anything to impair my impressions of these cans.
OK, so I'll be the "official slapee", everyone gets a slap starting @ 5PM.
Ladies (you know where to slap me) can start lining up @2PM.

Feb 16, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #192 of 244
I'm just curious, but is the HD800 confirmed? It seems like only dealer evaluation models are moving around and that the production versions won't be out in time.

I'm sure a lot of people, including me, have got their eyes on them.

Feb 16, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #195 of 244
"I'm just curious, but is the HD800 confirmed? It seems like only dealer evaluation models are moving around and that the production versions won't be out in time.
I'm sure a lot of people, including me, have got their eyes on them."

The latest from Drew, who is arranging to get the 800s, is that if they have hit our shore he will have them. So, final confirmation is pending and perhaps Drew can chime in on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back