Official Thread: Southern/Charlotte CanFest 2009
Feb 1, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #151 of 244
Brian, last time I did that, I drove in the torrential rain for 2 days and I caught a wicked cold during the meet.
evil_smiley.gif

Ah, the good, ole days.
biggrin.gif

I'm still working on ways to get my headphone lovin' butt down there.

Feb 3, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #154 of 244
A note from Jack:

"We will donate some headphone stands (H, R, and T models) for the raffle.

I will bring a A-B switcher we develop for anyone who is interested in comparing the WA2 and the WA6SE side by side. Many head-fiers have been asking this question so it will be a good opportunity to find out themselves.

Kind regards,

Jack"

A BIG thank you Jack. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Danny

Feb 4, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #155 of 244
Jack is the epitome of a great Head-Fier and manufacturer.

Others would fare well, learning from his business credos.

Feb 5, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #156 of 244
The Jade electrostatic headphone has arrived. This was sent by Fang for CanFEST 09. Also, he will be attending. I will be burning it in so it will perform at its best on 2/21. So, if you're in the area and would like to check it out then we'll see you at the meet. We will also have a pair of 02s with a KGSS and SRM007 for amplification and whatever other attendees may bring. Additionally, Jack Woo will be bringing a GES.

Feb 7, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #158 of 244
I went ahead and ordered the legendary Sophia Princess Mesh Plate 274B for the WA6 today. I hope it will have time to burn in before the meet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #159 of 244
I just received this note from Dennis:

"Just a short note to let you know Cary Audio will donate the new Xciter D/A converter as a prize for the club to earn some $$$$$$. This carries a $1500 retail price."

Raffle tickets are $5 or 5 for $20. If anyone is interested in purchasing any, even if you are not able to attend, let me know and I'll make arrangements for purchases.

More items are in the process of being donated and I'll list those on the initial post of this thread shortly.

Finally, 5% of all profits will be going to our Head-Fi site as none of this would be possible without it. A big thanks to everyone who makes Head-Fi possible.

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #161 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray has been kind enough to donate the very first Predator, yep-that's serial number 001, for the raffle. A very BIG thank you to Ray.

Nice start for the raffle Danny. Pure generosity on the part of the vendors, or do you have incriminating photos?
devil_face.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #162 of 244
The hotel rate was originally $159/night. I just renegotiated it to $89/night. If you have already made a reservation just let them know at check in you are with CanFEST and you should get the discounted rate. Any problems have them ask for Kayla who authorized the discount.

Feb 11, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #163 of 244
Through the kind assistance of Joe Grado, his nephew John, who currently heads up Grado Laboratories, has been kind enough to donate several pair of the famous Grado SR225 headphones for CanFEST. Remember, you don't have to attend to partake in the raffle. Just PM me for advance raffle tickets.

Feb 12, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #165 of 244
If anyone has a copy of Steve Hoffman's talk from Head Fest 2007 I would really like to get a copy of it at the meet.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back