Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Jun 29, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #1,381 of 2,001

Quote:
Finally I have a couple of these boys at home, which are probably my very favorite:

I think I have to thank Ultrainferno for this....
Knew he made a very positive comment about Delerium Tremens. When I saw it at a bar in The Hague, I ordered it and was immediately hooked with the flavor. Absolutely fantastic triple.

Delerium is one of my favorite triples. This Maredsous triple is pretty damn good too! Not as tasty but it packs one hell of a wallop!
beerchug.gif

Jun 30, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #1,383 of 2,001

Quote:
Looks like me the other night.

NC has some pretty good beers floating around these days. Today all I had was a Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot and an DFH Aprihop. I can't get addicted to posting all the great beer here. Yes, New Holland's celebration line-up was great. Since you are local, try to get some Mother Earth hefewiezen in the can. I like it better then lonerider shotgun betty.

Jun 30, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #1,385 of 2,001
I did have the Mother Earth Kolsch recently and I was really impressed. I will definitely look around for the hefewiezen. Duck Rabbit has some of my favorites recently, especially their milk stout.

Quote:
NC has some pretty good beers floating around these days. Today all I had was a Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot and an DFH Aprihop. I can't get addicted to posting all the great beer here. Yes, New Holland's celebration line-up was great. Since you are local, try to get some Mother Earth hefewiezen in the can. I like it better then lonerider shotgun betty.

Jun 30, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #1,386 of 2,001

Quote:
I did have the Mother Earth Kolsch recently and I was really impressed. I will definitely look around for the hefewiezen. Duck Rabbit has some of my favorites recently, especially their milk stout.

I really like Duck Rabbit, though I think the milk stout is the best thing they've done IMO. I was excited to have the last few years rabid duck imperial stout, but it was disappointing. I think Foothills is probably my other favorite local brewery. I'm off to the store now for a tasting of some summer brews before taking care of some chores.

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #1,388 of 2,001
I have been introduced to a couple of shiner brews. As I work at a BBQ restaurant, the owner thought it would be a novel idea to get the Smokehouse brew. I tried it out and thought it was far to smokey, go figure. We have since exchanged it for the Bock, which I've not yet tried. I may buy one this weekend to give it a shot.

Quote:
Any love for Shiner beer?  From Texas?  

I ♥ it.  

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #1,389 of 2,001

Quote:
 As I work at a BBQ restaurant...

Lucky!

I've tried a regular Shiner and though not much of it.

Last night I had Sierra Nevada's Summerfest.  Pass on that one if you're considering it.  Like a thick Budweiser really, kinda crispy, kinda refreshing, but really, not all that great.

Jul 3, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #1,390 of 2,001
I have to chime in with the best Weissbier (IMO)

Jul 3, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #1,391 of 2,001
Currently enjoyng a bottle of Unibroue Ephemere. This beer pours cloudy like a Hefeweizen has a light aroma of fresh green apples. It has a medium mouth feel and a light taste of green apples with a bit of tartness that isn't overpowering. It's a nice summer time beer to have.

Jul 3, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #1,393 of 2,001

Quote:
Just picked up a six of this.

It has been a while since I've had it but I remember enjoying it.

is that a 22oz? Never seen it with that label 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back