Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Nov 30, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #1,532 of 2,001
I picked up a 6 pack of Harpoon Chocolate Stout last week. I love the stuff but have never been able to find it in anything other than winter mix packs. I seriously love it and really need to get a case of it.

Also enjoyed some Yards Brawler, another great beer with a bit of a toffee taste. Very enjoyable and pretty easy to drink.

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #1,533 of 2,001
I've made it a goal of mine to start putting more reviews of beers I drink up here, even if only a record for myself.

A coworker brought me back two beers from a trip home to Germany (hopefully more coming after the holidays). The first was a Herforder Pils.

This was a good experience for me because I haven't been to Germany yet (hopefully fixing that next year) and I haven't had any domestic German beers yet. Let me just say, I drink a lot of crazy beers, but with the Reinheitsgebot, they were onto something. Sometimes simple is better. This isn't the best beer I have ever had, but it had a simple elegance. It tasted great because of its simplicity if that makes any sense at all. I definitely enjoyed this and am looking forward to the next beer, a Detmolder Pils.

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #1,534 of 2,001
Drank a Great Divide Yeti which is a great stout and now am drinking a

Nice and easy to drink. Nothing crazy but it's worth trying. 

In other news, I'm so glad I signed up for this liquor stores newsletter. In addition to the Lagunitas Sucks 6 pack and the 12 ounce bottle of the Dogfish Head Burton Baton I bought, I just reserved a Brooklyn Brewery's Black Ops, Victory Dark Intrigue, and a Firestone 15. I also am picking up a Firestone Abacus tomorrow.

My beer haul today.

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #1,537 of 2,001

Quote:
Indeed, I wish I had a chance to try their line-up...

I do highly recommend it if the opportunity ever arises. It was pure fortune that I was able to go there with a plethora of other Head-Fiers for the release of Pliny the Younger, and also indulge in many other brews while I was there.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #1,538 of 2,001
The advent of commercial Belgian-style breweries in the US warms my heart.

I lived walking distance from Jolly Pumpkin up until this summer and still regret only patronizing it a couple times before moving away. Of course now that it's getting national recognition I can brag about what it was like back in the day.

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #1,539 of 2,001
A little late but this is what my Thanksgiving consisted of. Founders Backwoods person and Harvest Ale, 3Floyds Dark Lord, Dreadnaught, Arctic Panzer Broo Doo and Alpha Klaus!

Dec 3, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #1,541 of 2,001
TBH the Harvest ale does not live up to the hype. It is really good but for the price I'm just fine with SN Celebration.
The Dark Lord on the other hand, well to me it tastes like Canadian Breakfast Stout turned up to 11

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #1,543 of 2,001
That looks awesome. Bourbon aged beers are among my favorites lately. I will definitely be picking this up to give it a try.

I spent a few hours at the new Troegs Brewery in Hershey, PA Saturday. The place has been open only a few weeks and is absolutely gorgeous. Had a great time enjoying their beers, all of which I liked a lot. Plus I got to have a bunch of fresh Mad Elf on tap. Good stuff.

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #1,545 of 2,001
last year i`ve been in an annual event done in Porto Alegre,the city i`ve borne and where i live actually,a encounter with more than 30 craft beer producer in my state,man you would not believe the amazingness and the expectation!real beer not BS!by the way i was sending off by the security because some ******* pretending the clever has gone in front on the row on the buffet and i almost kicked his ass!!!such an injustice...
any way,nothing better than a sunday with rocknroll,a cold heineken and some girl....
im in the team!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back