Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Nov 4, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #661 of 1,494
Today in bus home from work, sound just disappeared on right side.
For 4-5 sec, right bud complete silent.
Sound returned after those 4-5 secs, but at a lower level.
So, for the rest of the busride and walk from the bus, the volume was lower on right bud.

Havent tried them after putting them to sleep.

Anyone else experienced this?
No but after a week of owning them i am having buyers remorse .. due to not being able to get them to seal in my ear (tried various tips ) due to that i am losing out on bass and NC and overall dip in SO..

On Friday had the NC and Bass working fine so these are more than capable of producing great sound but they are very dependent on having a good seal to do so..and that is very hit and miss... bought from EBay with a no returns request..and being fair to the seller they were BN and sealed .. it's hardly his fault they do not fit correctly.

Nov 4, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #662 of 1,494
No but after a week of owning them i am having buyers remorse .. due to not being able to get them to seal in my ear (tried various tips ) due to that i am losing out on bass and NC and overall dip in SO..

On Friday had the NC and Bass working fine so these are more than capable of producing great sound but they are very dependent on having a good seal to do so..and that is very hit and miss... bought from EBay with a no returns request..and being fair to the seller they were BN and sealed .. it's hardly his fault they do not fit correctly.

My problem with the tips was the silicon. After a few minutes my ears felt itchy. I prefer foam, and ordered these tips at Amazon: https://tinyurl.com/y296j5ft They fit well, and are comfortable for long periods of time, YMMV.

Nov 4, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #664 of 1,494
Today in bus home from work, sound just disappeared on right side.
For 4-5 sec, right bud complete silent.
Sound returned after those 4-5 secs, but at a lower level.
So, for the rest of the busride and walk from the bus, the volume was lower on right bud.

Havent tried them after putting them to sleep.

Anyone else experienced this?
I’ve had this happen once. Just put the buds away, took them out again they were fine.

Nov 5, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #665 of 1,494
Did anyone else get the 1.3.7 update this morning?

It fixed the issue of Windows 10 connectivity. My M3s now connect to my Surface Pro 6 which makes me a very happy man :)

In other news, I recently tried the M3s out on a flight and was able to compare them to my Bose QC25 over ear. I am one of the lucky ones, I get a perfect seal with the stock silicone buds. I was amazed with the noise-cancelling it was almost on par with the QC25s. For IEM that's a massive accomplishment.

Nov 5, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #667 of 1,494
Did anyone else get the 1.3.7 update this morning?

It fixed the issue of Windows 10 connectivity. My M3s now connect to my Surface Pro 6 which makes me a very happy man :)

In other news, I recently tried the M3s out on a flight and was able to compare them to my Bose QC25 over ear. I am one of the lucky ones, I get a perfect seal with the stock silicone buds. I was amazed with the noise-cancelling it was almost on par with the QC25s. For IEM that's a massive accomplishment.

Yes! Me too - finally a stable connection with my Surface Book!!! I think i'm also one of the lucky ones - the stock tips fit my ears very well. The Noise cancellation definitely isn't as good as the full size headphones though.

For whatever reason The WF-1000xm3 sound signature just really really do it for me - something weirdly musical about it (soundstage is somewhat closed though as for all IEMs really)

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #668 of 1,494
Yes! Me too - finally a stable connection with my Surface Book!!! I think i'm also one of the lucky ones - the stock tips fit my ears very well. The Noise cancellation definitely isn't as good as the full size headphones though.

For whatever reason The WF-1000xm3 sound signature just really really do it for me - something weirdly musical about it (soundstage is somewhat closed though as for all IEMs really)
MY WF were rock steady on Windows 10 on the last update.. wonder why different Firmware updates differ from region to region.. shall update soon hopefully it will shrink my Right ear so the bud will seal.:)

Nov 6, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #669 of 1,494
Hello Everybody,

My apologies if this has been addressed previously. I have a set of these, and I think they are pretty fabulous. I use them only for working out and not having a cable to mind constantly is a revelation. Anyway, I checked with Sony on overall life of these and got a customer service canned answer. So, since these are battery powered and have a finite lifespan (overall), I would think that enabling DSEE HX or ANC would have an impact on overall life by a 1/3 or more correct? Since you would have to be recharging more frequently, I think this has to negatively affect the lifespan.
Thoughts?

Sven

Nov 6, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #670 of 1,494
Hello Everybody,

My apologies if this has been addressed previously. I have a set of these, and I think they are pretty fabulous. I use them only for working out and not having a cable to mind constantly is a revelation. Anyway, I checked with Sony on overall life of these and got a customer service canned answer. So, since these are battery powered and have a finite lifespan (overall), I would think that enabling DSEE HX or ANC would have an impact on overall life by a 1/3 or more correct? Since you would have to be recharging more frequently, I think this has to negatively affect the lifespan.
Thoughts?

Sven

my experience is that without anc and no dsp effects enabled they last about 8 hours. Enabling anc takes it down to about 6 hours and enabling dsp as well takes it down to about 4,5 hours. This with aac from an iPhone8

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #672 of 1,494
I see you have the WH also, how much are they a step up from the WF-XM3 in regards to NC and SQ

The full size probably have 20-30% better anc effect however I actually prefer the in ear with regards to sound if both are used from an iPhone (so over aac) but used from an ldac source the full size delivers better sq but you have to work with eq to tame the bottom end of the full size

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #673 of 1,494
Just came across this ANC WF/WH comparison video with audio (not sure how he recorded the WF ?!), pretty big difference :

!

Nov 6, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #675 of 1,494
my experience is that without anc and no dsp effects enabled they last about 8 hours. Enabling anc takes it down to about 6 hours and enabling dsp as well takes it down to about 4,5 hours. This with aac from an iPhone8
I appreciate the response, however, what I am really curious about is usable lifespan of the headphones ( 1year-2 years?) using them with nothing enabled, and using them with battery chewing options enabled. Would overall life drop by 1/3-1/2, since you would be re-charging the case
much more often?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back