Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Nov 1, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #647 of 1,494
Of the 2 which would you recommend the Comply True Grip Pro or Spinfit 360 or are they as good as each other.

I have not tried any of these. I have tried the normal Spinfit and the normal Comply. The Comply has the best isolation and the least foot thump but even large is not quit big enough for me and my ears start itching after an hour or so The large Spinfit is fine but gives loudest foot thump and again is not quit big enough. The Final E LL gives a foot thump in between the other 2 and gives me a totally solid fit

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #648 of 1,494
How are you all finding the NC on the WF-XM3 obviously it will not match over the heads , but i thought it would be more effective at keeping outside noise at bay.. the sound actually improves when using NC rather than AS but i personally can hear too much outside noise.

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #649 of 1,494
How are you all finding the NC on the WF-XM3 obviously it will not match over the heads , but i thought it would be more effective at keeping outside noise at bay.. the sound actually improves when using NC rather than AS but i personally can hear too much outside noise.

I find them to be good. Not as good as the full size XM3 but so good that I use the iem XM3 90% of the time as it is pocketable rather than baggable. Even in the noisiest environment I’m never over 60% volume and most times at 50% whereas with my passive iems I frequently maxed out the volume

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #650 of 1,494
Now got the 360 audio thing popping up on my app. The ear analysis works, but when I try to optimise it for Tidal, it won't connect to the server. Anyone else having issues? (May all be moot as the sample 360 songs sound a bit odd).

"360 audio thing" ? What's that ?

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #651 of 1,494
It's Sony's new quasi-surround sound thing. Works with Tidal and Deezer. It's now a new feature in the app (you have to take photos of your ears). To me, it sounds a bit odd. Kinda fun though.

Nov 1, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #654 of 1,494
Yes I tried them. They didn't help with my fit issues and when I did manage to get a seal they did not provide very good passive isolation, probably because of how thin they are, compared to say the SpinFit CP100 but these don't work at all due to their protruding "port" (it's recessed on the CP160).

Nov 2, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #655 of 1,494
Just found the sony's for 130€. I was debating whether to get them or go for the shanling mtw100 BA..the price difference is just 30€ (99 included shipping for the shanlings)..anyone got both and could help me decide? I'm mainly gonna use them for commuting, phone calls and light activity (ie running, but not a deal breaker since I know the sony's are not ip rated)

Nov 2, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #656 of 1,494
Where did you find them for 130€ ? They're nice TWEs but as you'll see if you read this thread a bit they are "fit challenged", they don't work for many people and work for a few, so if you can return them it would be better.

Nov 2, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #657 of 1,494
Where did you find them for 130€ ? They're nice TWEs but as you'll see if you read this thread a bit they are "fit challenged", they don't work for many people and work for a few, so if you can return them it would be better.
Chain electronics store here in Italy. Damn they have a strict policy of no returns on headphones for "hygiene" reasons..now I'm really on the fence cause at that price it seems a steal D:

Nov 2, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #658 of 1,494
Chain electronics store here in Italy. Damn they have a strict policy of no returns on headphones for "hygiene" reasons..now I'm really on the fence cause at that price it seems a steal D:

It is a very good price but fit does seem to devide opinion on these, probably more that for most in ears.

Nov 2, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #659 of 1,494
Just found the sony's for 130€. I was debating whether to get them or go for the shanling mtw100 BA..the price difference is just 30€ (99 included shipping for the shanlings)..anyone got both and could help me decide? I'm mainly gonna use them for commuting, phone calls and light activity (ie running, but not a deal breaker since I know the sony's are not ip rated)
Brand new the WFXM3 at that price a steal.. buy them..wish i could have got them at that price .. how much for the Sennheiser Momentum 3.

Nov 4, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #660 of 1,494
Today in bus home from work, sound just disappeared on right side.
For 4-5 sec, right bud complete silent.
Sound returned after those 4-5 secs, but at a lower level.
So, for the rest of the busride and walk from the bus, the volume was lower on right bud.

Havent tried them after putting them to sleep.

Anyone else experienced this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back