Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Aug 27, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #286 of 1,494
Is there any way to disable charging of the earbuds while they're in the case? To choose manually when to charge? I don't like at all the idea of them getting charged every time they are placed in the case no matter what the level of the battery is in the buds, 1% or 80% just charge, charge, charge and kill your battery just in time till the next model comes out....

Aug 27, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #287 of 1,494
Is there any way to disable charging of the earbuds while they're in the case? To choose manually when to charge? I don't like at all the idea of them getting charged every time they are placed in the case no matter what the level of the battery is in the buds, 1% or 80% just charge, charge, charge and kill your battery just in time till the next model comes out....
You could cut a piece of something to place on the charging contacts when you don’t want to charge them, but there isn’t a feature that does this, no.

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #288 of 1,494
You could cut a piece of something to place on the charging contacts when you don’t want to charge them, but there isn’t a feature that does this, no.
What a stupidity, have no idea why they haven't added a switch to the case so you can enable/disable charging. I think it's worse having earphones that will soon barely hold charge then forgetting to flip a switch and have some power in them when you want to use them, besides takes only 15 minutes to charge for 90 minutes of use approximately. And knowing how lame companies are when it comes to battery warranty theid blame the user for not using the product as it was intended instead of putting the blam on themselves as it should be in this case.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #289 of 1,494
What a stupidity, have no idea why they haven't added a switch to the case so you can enable/disable charging. I think it's worse having earphones that will soon barely hold charge then forgetting to flip a switch and have some power in them when you want to use them, besides takes only 15 minutes to charge for 90 minutes of use approximately. And knowing how lame companies are when it comes to battery warranty theid blame the user for not using the product as it was intended instead of putting the blam on themselves as it should be in this case.

I don’t think any of the wireless in ears on the market have this feature.

Aug 27, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #292 of 1,494
Any idea if i buy these in Tokyo, will the default language be Japanese? And if so, is it difficult to switch it over to English?

First tried them out in Singapore and actually liked them a lot for how it sounded. Slightly cheaper buying in JP after tax refund..

Aug 27, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #293 of 1,494
So, after the latest firmware update I think the bitrate issues with iOS have been fixed. Not 100% certain yet, but haven’t had the quality drop during playback as far as I’ve noticed yet. Noise cancelling also seems to be improved?

As a side note, what EQ settings are you all using? Or are people using DSEE HX?

Aug 27, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #294 of 1,494

A case like this is one possible solution...
https://www.amazon.com/RLSOCO-WF-10...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=35GSBBV7HCZNBK8NYA1Z

of course this adds bulk, but does give the ability to store the buds separate from the charger. i've no affiliation with the seller nor experience with the product, just noticed it as i was looking into cases recently.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #295 of 1,494
A case like this is one possible solution...
https://www.amazon.com/RLSOCO-WF-10...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=35GSBBV7HCZNBK8NYA1Z

of course this adds bulk, but does give the ability to store the buds separate from the charger. i've no affiliation with the seller nor experience with the product, just noticed it as i was looking into cases recently.
That's perfect, thank you, at least I can separate them but have them together at one place and choose just to use the buds or place them to charge when needed. I appreciate it

Aug 27, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #296 of 1,494
Exactly as I said earlier, to die or to be in dying state just before or in the early life span of the next model. So these are intended to be replaced approximately every 2 years...
Of course, that is capitalism which feeds and sustains you and probably everybody you know so why get so irate about how it works? Not to mention we don't actually know that it will play out that way and frankly, many audio enthusiasts will change gear pretty frequently anyway. Still, we do want products that can have a long service life, that is reasonable.

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #297 of 1,494
So, after the latest firmware update I think the bitrate issues with iOS have been fixed. Not 100% certain yet, but haven’t had the quality drop during playback as far as I’ve noticed yet. Noise cancelling also seems to be improved?

As a side note, what EQ settings are you all using? Or are people using DSEE HX?
Anyone else can confirm this? I pretty much returned them till this can be fixed, if it can ever!

Aug 28, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #298 of 1,494
Anyone else can confirm this? I pretty much returned them till this can be fixed, if it can ever!

I just started noticing it after the update lol!

What phone do you have? I think its my iphone because I never had this happen with my old phone in my car and as soon as I got the iphone I noticed it.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #300 of 1,494
Why does the WF-1000XM3 don't remember noise cancelling settings?
I am using them 90% of the time in wind conditions. And for that only mode that i can use is Wind reduction and it works perfectly. However every time i return them to the case, they reset my noise cancelling settings, and i have to go and to the settings and change it every time. Is there something that i am missing? Is there a way to set a default noise cancelling setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back