Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Aug 25, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #271 of 1,494
I’ll be trying both XM3’s on a flight Tuesday. I expect the full size to be better ANC but I also expect the WF to be good enough and even better when I get the Comply tips

Please report back on how the ANC works in flight.
I have until September 5 to return these.

Aug 25, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #272 of 1,494
The Andromeda + silver cable + Chord Poly / Mojo + comply tips (it is the comfort one) pretty much slaps the WF-1000XM3 in all area’s including bass. The passive isolation is even that good that it doesn’t need ANC.
Interesting. I have all of them except silver cable but I won't compare WF-1000XM3 with "all combined" Andromeda, does it even a fair comparison? Money wise? Without the help of all those things, Andromeda is not even close to WF-1000XM3 and we are talking about "wireless"! I don't know but I know I am bias toward money.

Aug 26, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #273 of 1,494
Aug 26, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #274 of 1,494
Nanaholic
Excellent and very extensive and thorough review. I am in a similar situation to you as I own the E8's, have had the new Sony's for two weeks, and also have the B&O H9i for airplane use.

I am really on the fence with the Sony's. They have been packed up for return to Amazon, opened up again to try, and are still sitting out perhaps ready to be packed up again for return.
I am very happy with the sound - more so than my E8's. My sole use for the Sony's is to bring them on flights instead of the H9i's (small form factor). While I have not had the opportunity to try them out on a flight - my trials with them at home (dryer, dishwashing machine etc.) seem to indicate the ANC being a bit meh. Perhaps the constant drone of an airline engine will allow the ANC to function better?

The biggest thing for me is comfort. I just cannot seem to find the magic key. All of the included buds left me unhappy. I tried the Comply T200 foam tips from my E8's - and still was not happy with comfort. I then tried my Spinfit CP100's (from my E8's) and they fit better - however still uncomfortable.
The Sony's were then boxed up and labeled to go back to Amazon. At the last moment I unboxed them one last time and, based on this thread, ordered the Spinfit CP360's. This time I ordered a medium and small (I use medium for my E8's).

Still not happy with the comfort - and the seal.

What to do??? I think the Sony's sound better than the E8's - however the B&O H9i's sound even better still - and the ANC appears to work better. The problem is I would love to carry the Sony's onto the airplane instead of big over the ear H9i's!

Can't really help with any recommendation than just try more tips unfortunately.

I thought the Triple Comfort was going to be good enough because they worked for the WF1000X and E8, but they didn't work as well with the M3, which is why I decided to try a different tip.

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #275 of 1,494
Nanaholic
Excellent and very extensive and thorough review. I am in a similar situation to you as I own the E8's, have had the new Sony's for two weeks, and also have the B&O H9i for airplane use.

I am really on the fence with the Sony's. They have been packed up for return to Amazon, opened up again to try, and are still sitting out perhaps ready to be packed up again for return.
I am very happy with the sound - more so than my E8's. My sole use for the Sony's is to bring them on flights instead of the H9i's (small form factor). While I have not had the opportunity to try them out on a flight - my trials with them at home (dryer, dishwashing machine etc.) seem to indicate the ANC being a bit meh. Perhaps the constant drone of an airline engine will allow the ANC to function better?

The biggest thing for me is comfort. I just cannot seem to find the magic key. All of the included buds left me unhappy. I tried the Comply T200 foam tips from my E8's - and still was not happy with comfort. I then tried my Spinfit CP100's (from my E8's) and they fit better - however still uncomfortable.
The Sony's were then boxed up and labeled to go back to Amazon. At the last moment I unboxed them one last time and, based on this thread, ordered the Spinfit CP360's. This time I ordered a medium and small (I use medium for my E8's).

Still not happy with the comfort - and the seal.

What to do??? I think the Sony's sound better than the E8's - however the B&O H9i's sound even better still - and the ANC appears to work better. The problem is I would love to carry the Sony's onto the airplane instead of big over the ear H9i's!
Tip of xm3 is really crap both in visual and sound.
But it seems you hard to find a tip. To me, E8's tip is suit for xm3.
I don't own xm3 bcs I dont have demand of 2 units - I have E8 before.
Surely I would take xm3 if I won't have E8.
Xm3 good at clarity vs E8 but did lows didnt go as low as. Bass texture also better but sound doesnt as rich and spacious.

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #278 of 1,494
Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #280 of 1,494
Aug 27, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #281 of 1,494
My cp360 just arrived today. I have been swapping the large and medium ones. The large seems to provide a better seal. Almost as good as provided triple comfort tips. But the comfort with cp 360 is much better. Feels like nothing; which could be both good and bad. Both the sizes M and L doesnt come loose even if i shake my head vigorously. I havent tried walking with them on, but i expect that there will be some wobble given the inherent design of the spinfits.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #282 of 1,494
My cp360 just arrived today. I have been swapping the large and medium ones. The large seems to provide a better seal. Almost as good as provided triple comfort tips. But the comfort with cp 360 is much better. Feels like nothing; which could be both good and bad. Bothe sizes M and L doesnt come loos even if i shake my head vigorously. I havent tried walkig with them on, but i expect that there will be some wobble given the inherent design of the spinfits

Yes with cp100 there is a very prominent thump with every single step but with tripple comfort or hybrids there is virtually none

Aug 27, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #283 of 1,494
On a 6 hour train trip with both XM3 the full size clearly gives better noise reduction when no music is playing but with roughly volume matched music playing the difference is much smaller and the in ear version to me is plenty good enough and much easier to carry. Will try the same on a plane Sunday

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #285 of 1,494

Users who are viewing this thread

Back