Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
May 25, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #1,171 of 1,494
You can turn them off in the Smartphone app but you can only turn them on again by putting them in the case and taking them out again. None of the TWS in ears I’ve tried or owned have had on/off functionality actually in the earpieces
You can turn it off in the Sony connect app. But just moving it around a little turns it back on. It’s qquite pointless and I get his point. They’re not designed to be turned off as a slight movement turns them back on. You don’t need to put them in the case to turn it back on.

May 25, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #1,172 of 1,494
You can turn it off in the Sony connect app. But just moving it around a little turns it back on. It’s qquite pointless and I get his point. They’re not designed to be turned off as a slight movement turns them back on. You don’t need to put them in the case to turn it back on.

I didn’t know that movement turn them back on. I always put them in the case when I’m not listening so it is a non issue for me

May 25, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #1,173 of 1,494
I didn’t know that movement turn them back on. I always put them in the case when I’m not listening so it is a non issue for me

it's not movement that turns it back on, but the proximity sensor on the inner side of the earpiece

May 25, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #1,175 of 1,494
it's not movement that turns it back on, but the proximity sensor on the inner side of the earpiece

Still was not aware of that but just tried and that is indeed what happens as soon as something comes near the sensor (also a finger) they turn back on. Still no problem for me as I always put them in the case when not listening

May 25, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #1,176 of 1,494
Still was not aware of that but just tried and that is indeed what happens as soon as something comes near the sensor (also a finger) they turn back on. Still no problem for me as I always put them in the case when not listening

i really like that feature when using it around the house,because i often just lay it out on the table when I'm taking a break listening to music, and just do other things. it will conserve batteries, and would just conveniently turn back on when i put it on again.

it does would present a trouble for putting it in the pocket similar to @greenkomodo1 scenario.
speaking of which, i just tried this:
- i put the earpieces in my pocket first, then i turn it off from the app.
- as long as i don't touch the touchpad, it would not turn on by itself. the proximity sensor also would not trigger even if i reach in my pocket to touch it.
- it would automatically turn on again if the touchpad is touched, or when i put it out of my pocket to my ears.
- for more security, you can also put it inside a pouch first, then put it in your pocket to reduce chances of it turn on by itself

Jun 5, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #1,177 of 1,494
I actually purchased my own unit back-end of 2019 and thought it worthy enough for a full review :) It is still a benchmark for me despite some newer competitors having some interesting features.

https://headfonics.com/sony-wf-1000xm3-review-wireless-weekend/

1591359120227.png

Jun 9, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #1,178 of 1,494
Picked up a pair from Best Buy this morning for $179. I'm impressed. They sound as good as my Lypertek Tevi's, but have more features like ANC and ambient sound.

Jun 9, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #1,179 of 1,494
Picked up a pair from Best Buy this morning for $179. I'm impressed. They sound as good as my Lypertek Tevi's, but have more features like ANC and ambient sound.
Yep, they are still a favorite of mine, sound-wise.

For my ears, these settings get close to Harman target.

sony_hf-1000xm3.png

Jun 9, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #1,180 of 1,494
Yep, they are still a favorite of mine, sound-wise.

For my ears, these settings get close to Harman target.

sony_hf-1000xm3.png

That looks a bit extreme to me. They already kind of follow the Harman target with the default sound.

Here is what I'm doing, along with Comply foam tips. Screenshot_20200609-214628.png

Jun 9, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #1,181 of 1,494
That looks a bit extreme to me. They already kind of follow the Harman target with the default sound.

Here is what I'm doing, along with Comply foam tips.

I pretty certain that Sony does not tune any of their headphones or earphones to Harman target. I'm a big fan of Sony products and have been so for years. The Sony house sound is quite distinctly not Harman. I could be wrong, so I'll defer to others.

Jun 9, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #1,182 of 1,494
I pretty certain that Sony does not tune any of their headphones or earphones to Harman target. I'm a big fan of Sony products and have been so for years. The Sony house sound is quite distinctly not Harman. I could be wrong, so I'll defer to others.
Tried to hunt down the graph I made, but I didn't save it. :frowning2:

Jun 10, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #1,183 of 1,494
Oratory1990 over on reddit graphed them, and they aren't too far off the Harman target in the mids and highs.

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #1,185 of 1,494
Today my right earpiece is no longer able to work on its own. I can connect L+R and L without problems, but the right one cannot work on its own. I have tried re-pairing, restarting my phone and uninstalling app. Any other ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back