Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Dec 1, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #4,201 of 4,314
I have a custom-made adapter that came with my MDT-Z1R, but I find the cable of the utopia to be clunky and cumbersome... so I ordered a pair of double helix cables triple threat headphone adapter in order to use my Sony Z1R terminated lavri grand cable. For those adapters, I have been waiting like 14 weeks and still not yet chipped.

At this point, I just want to try an adapter & spotted this on the Focal Clear MG thread. I would hope this will connect to the DMP-Z1 ?? I want to try & avoid anymore custom made cables, because virtually everyone I’ve ordered has eventually lost sound in ear cups & I’ve ordered from more than one place & still get the same problem & as you know, custom cables are expensive.

Attachments

• IMG_1689.png
    IMG_1689.png
    817.6 KB · Views: 0
Dec 11, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #4,204 of 4,314
I purchased a (used but still under warranty) DMP-Z1 recently and I am very impressed so far with everything about it.

I haven't sat down to really compare it to my other gear yet, but I don't even need to. I know my music and my gear well enough to state that the Z1 sounds great. And it's an even more premium user experience than expected.

I half expected to regret my decision. So far, I really, really don't.

Dec 14, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #4,205 of 4,314
Quick question about the firmware. The latest version, v1.02, was released on 29 August 2019 per the Sony website. But when I go to Settings - Unit Information, my unit (from 2021) says "System Software 1.02 Copyright 2018 Sony Corporation". I am sure this is how it's supposed to be, but checking just in case, does anyone have 2019 there? Thanks.

Dec 14, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #4,206 of 4,314
Quick question about the firmware. The latest version, v1.02, was released on 29 August 2019 per the Sony website. But when I go to Settings - Unit Information, my unit (from 2021) says "System Software 1.02 Copyright 2018 Sony Corporation". I am sure this is how it's supposed to be, but checking just in case, does anyone have 2019 there? Thanks.
The copyright is from 2018, not the system software.

Dec 15, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #4,207 of 4,314
I decided to try sony music center foe pc. I want to replace Sony media go with a program that supports windows dark mode.. i didn't like music center at all... you cannot search for example, George Freddy handle on by opening the program it doesn't display any cover, art auto despite I have my covers and be in the flag files. My library size is 68,743 tracks (1.65TB)

Dec 18, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #4,208 of 4,314
@Rob49 and me got focal HPs this year . He got a new stellia and i a used OG Utopia 2020.

How are you comdortwise with the stock balanced cable?

As you know, I got a pair of DHC adapters for my utopia to use my Lavri Grand silver cable.

Today i got my new Lavricavles grand silver cable. I like itmore than stock utopia cable.

image.jpg

Dec 18, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #4,209 of 4,314
@Rob49 and me got focal HPs this year . He got a new stellia and i a used OG Utopia 2020.

How are you comdortwise with the stock balanced cable?

As you know, I got a pair of DHC adapters for my utopia to use my Lavri Grand silver cable.

Today i got my new Lavricavles grand silver cable. I like itmore than stock utopia cable.

Hi @gerelmx1986 i bought the Clear MG’s. ( I did want the Stellia’s, but finance wise couldn’t stretch to that, after buying the HD800S. )

Again, due to finances, sticking with the stock cable & purchased adapter to use with my DMP-Z1.

Clocked up 82 hours of listening, in just under two weeks. At their best, a cacophony of sound.

Hope you’re enjoying your Utopia’s, with your new Silver cable.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2023 at 12:51 AM Post #4,210 of 4,314
Hi @gerelmx1986 i bought the Clear MG’s. ( I did want the Stellia’s, but finance wise couldn’t stretch to that, after buying the HD800S. )

Again, due to finances, sticking with the stock cable & purchased adapter to use with my DMP-Z1.

Clocked up 82 hours of listening, in just under two weeks. At their best, a cacophony of sound.

Hope you’re enjoying your Utopia’s, with your new Silver cable.
I do really liking them more with the new Grand silver cable (cryo-treated silver) . But still .

How do you like the clears vs HD800s?early to judge against thr old grand cable

Dec 19, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #4,211 of 4,314
I do really liking them more with the new Grand silver cable (cryo-treated silver) . But still .

How do you like the clears vs HD800s?early to judge against thr old grand cable

Glad you’re liking the combo.

I haven’t compared them, other than going by memory. I want to clock up 150 - 200 hours, with my MG’s, before i try to compare them. The Focal’s, do have a slam to them.

Dec 22, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #4,212 of 4,314
Can anyone recommend a decent build quality 2m USB A - USB C cable for the Z1? I can't find anything except entry level cables for more than 1.5m, USB A to USB C seems to be an odd combo for longer lengths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back