Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Sep 4, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #2,086 of 4,326
dmp-z1 256gigs + 2 x micro SD cards of 1tb each damn thats a lot of music
Not far fetched, considering 2TB formatted yields ca. 1.83TB. I am slowly approaching 2TB (formatted) of music at 1.36TB

Sep 5, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #2,087 of 4,326
dmp-z1 256gigs + 2 x micro SD cards of 1tb each damn thats a lot of music
I’m at 18GB. So the DMP-Z1 would hold more than enough for me

Sep 12, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #2,088 of 4,326
Sep 15, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #2,090 of 4,326
https://hdplex.com/hdplex-fanless-300w-linear-power-supply-for-pc-audio-and-ce-device.html

Up for PRE ORDER! Just ordered mine, free Fedex shipping.
The manufacturer confirms it's 100% compatible with DMP Z1.

Anyone used HDPlex product before and are they reliable?
Also, what are the steps of using this with DMP Z1? (like does the unit provide a cable that goes into DMP Z1? do you need to follow cetrtain steps to turn on/off this unit and/or DMP Z1?)
Is there a chance of damaging the DMP Z1 by using this linear PSU?
Thanks!!

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #2,091 of 4,326
Also, what are the steps of using this with DMP Z1? (like does the unit provide a cable that goes into DMP Z1? do you need to follow cetrtain steps to turn on/off this unit and/or DMP Z1?)
Thanks!!

Well, I wouldn't pay money for ANYTHING that would damage my DMP Z1. This HDPlex company was recommended by @Whitigir, in my eyes, anything that passes his rigor is a good indicator for quality.

I emailed Larry at HDPlex, explicitly mentioning DMPZ1 and sent him info on the power supply. He confirmed (as Whitigir did) that the device is fully compatible with DMP Z1. What's interesting is that Larry said the bundled cables are compatible with DMPZ1, but I think Whitigir bought an adapter off Amazon.

To use the HD300W:
  • Connect cable to DC19V outlet on HD300W
  • Connect to DMP Z1
  • Flick power switch
You leave it plugged into the DMPZ1 forever as it becomes the main power source. To my knowledge there isn't any extra steps.

In any case, I look forward to receiving this unit, I've seemed to miss previous re stocks as they sell out.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #2,092 of 4,326
Well, I wouldn't pay money for ANYTHING that would damage my DMP Z1. This HDPlex company was recommended by @Whitigir, in my eyes, anything that passes his rigor is a good indicator for quality.

I emailed Larry at HDPlex, explicitly mentioning DMPZ1 and sent him info on the power supply. He confirmed (as Whitigir did) that the device is fully compatible with DMP Z1. What's interesting is that Larry said the bundled cables are compatible with DMPZ1, but I think Whitigir bought an adapter off Amazon.

To use the HD300W:
  • Connect cable to DC19V outlet on HD300W
  • Connect to DMP Z1
  • Flick power switch
You leave it plugged into the DMPZ1 forever as it becomes the main power source. To my knowledge there isn't any extra steps.

In any case, I look forward to receiving this unit, I've seemed to miss previous re stocks as they sell out.
you can request the plug for the DMP, just tell him that you would want Sony Laptop plugs! Otherwise, he only send regular common sizes that requires adapters. I bought mine off amazon as I didn’t request the plugs :)

Thanks!!

it depends as you may need adapters as mentioned above.

You can use the AC preferred mode to have the DMP-Z1 be driven directly by the PSU instead of batteries preferred mode, which is basically using the PSU as a chargers and the battery is supplying the power sources

This is the adapters that I bought from amazon. It has others as a package as well
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0797KK3NT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #2,093 of 4,326
you can request the plug for the DMP, just tell him that you would want Sony Laptop plugs! Otherwise, he only send regular common sizes that requires adapters. I bought mine off amazon as I didn’t request the plugs :)

You can use the AC preferred mode to have the DMP-Z1 be driven directly by the PSU instead of batteries preferred mode, which is basically using the PSU as a chargers and the battery is supplying the power sources

This is the adapters that I bought from amazon. It has others as a package as well
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0797KK3NT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers Whitigir, thanks for the tip! :)
I've sent him an email, I can't wait to get my HDPLEX.

Sep 15, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #2,095 of 4,326

thanks - what is the size of the connector for DMP-Z1? 6.4*4.4mm?

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #2,099 of 4,326
Whitigir, Sennheiser releases a HD800S anniversary edition to color match your DMP Z1 lol. It’s limited to 750 units.
6D712EDD-BCB9-472B-999D-2CC8D0548FF4.jpeg

AA5BDC6C-6A8B-458B-AD56-ADEBE3F0D117.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back