Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Aug 8, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #1,951 of 4,326
I say this in jest but now when I get an email alert from this thread, before even looking at the author of the post, I think - I wonder what Whitigir is showing us now
Active posters/owner is just trying to keep the thread active over here. I have been trying to ask the thread to be moved into portable source gears instead of Amps, but .... it is still here. This thing is not an amp....there is no line in anywhere

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #1,952 of 4,326
Hello, guys. A head fi newcomer and a music rookie here.
After reading the specs, I realised that the DMP Z1 actually has more or less similar driving power compared with some of newer high end DAPs like Ibasso 220 max and Kann cube. Can it comfortably drive some of the more power hungry planars such as the Hifiman Arya? Is the sound quality really much more superior as to justify the price and sacrifice in portability compared to the DAPs I mentioned?

Aug 15, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #1,953 of 4,326
i wonder if folks applied a screen protector on their dmp-z1 screen?

Is there any good temper glass recommendations?

Aug 15, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #1,955 of 4,326
Nope, only using the VanNuy case. Are you getting one ?

Do you know maybe the 1a/1z screen protector can be applied?

What is the size dimensions of the screen? Maybe I can find an alternative screen size protector

Its a top secret information 😉😛
But I been very quiet lately on headfi 🙃🙂

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #1,957 of 4,326
Hmmmm thats unfortunate. Scratches on a dmp screen is a big oh my god no!

Aug 15, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #1,959 of 4,326
Why not ? Just replace it LoL!!!

VanNuy case is solid enough that you can take it to go with you as a backpack. You can even slot in a thin wallets and cards with some cash if wanted

Yea but the screen! Fingers go on it... wiping cleaning can and will create microscratches

Need a solution.
Could you please measure the dimensions of the screen please

Aug 15, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #1,960 of 4,326
Yea but the screen! Fingers go on it... wiping cleaning can and will create microscratches

Need a solution.
Could you please measure the dimensions of the screen please
If you scratched the screen then it can be replaced, even if you sent the body chassis as well.
The whole screen is a little recessed into the chassis like 0.25mm or so. You just can not find anything that would fit. Unless Sony officially release such for this Odd cut out EB1A0CFB-2DA7-4619-A546-3D51D14DEBAC.jpeg
Width is 5Cm and Length is 14Cm

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #1,961 of 4,326
Hi, there’s actually a third-party screen protector for the Dmp. It’s a perfect fit. But since the top of Dmp is broken into two sections (screen in the middle and outer section), the screen protector is not flush in those gaps. Doesn’t bother me though. The screen protector was already applied when I purchased the Dmp from another user, so I am not sure where it came from. Probably from China.

Attachments

• 9EF0D668-6878-4D8D-AF9D-8B333C4472CF.jpeg
    9EF0D668-6878-4D8D-AF9D-8B333C4472CF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #1,962 of 4,326
Hi, there’s actually a third-party screen protector for the Dmp. It’s a perfect fit. But since the top of Dmp is broken into two sections (screen in the middle and outer section), the screen protector is not flush in those gaps. Doesn’t bother me though. The screen protector was already applied when I purchased the Dmp from another user, so I am not sure where it came from. Probably from China.
That was exactly what I meant, it is like a 0.25mm recessed ....I rather not seeing that bubbles lol

Aug 15, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #1,963 of 4,326
Does the screen part it self where we use our fingers to smudge those areas... is the same size as wm1 ?
Dmp specs stayes the screen is smaller then wm1 daps.

What if I can fit a wm1 screen protector just in top the part where the lcd lights up?

Also could use 2 wm1 screen protectors hehe. So no bubbles or gaps will be present

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #1,964 of 4,326
Does the screen part it self where we use our fingers to smudge those areas... is the same size as wm1 ?
Dmp specs stayes the screen is smaller then wm1 daps.

What if I can fit a wm1 screen protector just in top the part where the lcd lights up?

Also could use 2 wm1 screen protectors hehe. So no bubbles or gaps will be present
It is definitely smaller than 1A/Z
It will fit exactly like that picture above shown ...with bubbles on the sides
The best one you can do is...if you are very handy and skillful....buy thick clear vinyl wraps and custom fit.
Just use a ruler, score a mark (not all the way through) and then pull it away to cut it
It doesn’t bother me enough to have to go to that steps
You can also do that same thing for glass, just use diamond blades and utility knifes, cut it slowly :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #1,965 of 4,326
It is definitely smaller than 1A/Z
It will fit exactly like that picture above shown ...with bubbles on the sides
The best one you can do is...if you are very handy and skillful....buy thick clear vinyl wraps and custom fit.
Just use a ruler, score a mark (not all the way through) and then pull it away to cut it
It doesn’t bother me enough to have to go to that steps
You can also do that same thing for glass, just use diamond blades and utility knifes, cut it slowly :wink:

Bummer you saying the wm1 screen protector is to long on sides?
My wm1 seems to measure 5.5 cm booo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back