Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Aug 17, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #1,981 of 4,326
Aug 17, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #1,982 of 4,326
Oh well Il be using mine in battery mode as its the best sound you can get out of it! Why bother with all those extra stuff.

Dmp-z1 should last forever this thing is the best of everything that sony has to offer. The ultimate desktop Walkman and all in one system! This is really amazing and very convenient!

Aug 17, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #1,983 of 4,326
Oh well Il be using mine in battery mode as its the best sound you can get out of it! Why bother with all those extra stuff.

Dmp-z1 should last forever this thing is the best of everything that sony has to offer. The ultimate desktop Walkman and all in one system! This is really amazing and very convenient!
Wait until you hear a real dedicated Linear Regulated Power Supply can do :). For now, you gotta listen to it (DMP Z1) first

Aug 17, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #1,984 of 4,326
Wait until you hear a real dedicated Linear Regulated Power Supply can do :). For now, you gotta listen to it (DMP Z1) first

I hope to calm my self with dmp acquisition as its starting to be too high in the sky's end game territory. Unachievable unknown to mortals, a place where dmp can show you magic and god him selfs come to have a little chat with you when you put your headphones on lol.

Yeaa I did purchase Dmp-z1 there you go ! Its not a secret anymore!

I sold all my gear and went full throttle for the best.

Awaiting for the dmp to be delivered as it takes some time its shipped via boat from Japan

Aug 17, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #1,985 of 4,326
I hope to calm my self with dmp acquisition as its starting to be too high in the sky's end game territory. Unachievable unknown to mortals, a place where dmp can show you magic and god him selfs come to have a little chat with you when you put your headphones on lol.

Awaiting for the dmp to be delivered as it takes some time its shipped via boat from Japan
Boat ? Why ? You should have been going with express shipment

Aug 17, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #1,986 of 4,326
Boat ? Why ? You should have been going with express shipment

It has hazmat batteries, I asked many retailers same story. No one ships this via air due to batteries onboard dmp-z1

Aug 17, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #1,988 of 4,326

Congratulations, you will own the very best audio device created by world class designers and engineers from Sony*. The sound is truly remarkable. As many modern flagship headphones are efficient and don't require much power, DMP can be your last gear. Works perfect with IEMs of all types and modern efficient full size phones. We can't wait to see your pics and impressions.

*Whitigir's DMP takes title for very best audio device. We need to settle for second place! :)

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #1,989 of 4,326

May I ask what the selling price is these days?

Aug 17, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #1,991 of 4,326
Congratulations, you will own the very best audio device created by world class designers and engineers from Sony*. The sound is truly remarkable. As many modern flagship headphones are efficient and don't require much power, DMP can be your last gear. Works perfect with IEMs of all types and modern efficient full size phones. We can't wait to see your pics and impressions.

*Whitigir's DMP takes title for very best audio device. We need to settle for second place! :)

Thank you for the fantastic encouragements, Indeed it is the worlds best marvel of ingeneering. Dmp has some resemblance with WM1Z but way beyond in sound performance. I will of course show to everyone my pictures and impressions! It is something very grandiose for me as an upgrade, I never thought I will reach this high in audio nirvana but here it is it has happened!

Thanks everyone for your support 😋

May I ask what the selling price is these days?

I was one of the lucky and I have got a super deal. I bought my dmp for 8 000 canadien $ shipped and all fees included ! I couldnt refuse such nice deal.

Its around 5.9k usd

Aug 18, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #1,992 of 4,326
Here is good information on a conversation between the sony team that built dmp-z1 very informative and good to know implementation and how it was built and the concept behind!

Dmp-z1 according to sony team is the flagship among flagship at sony house!

https://e-earphone.blog/?p=1294529

Aug 18, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #1,993 of 4,326
Here is good information on a conversation between the sony team that built dmp-z1 very informative and good to know implementation and how it was built and the concept behind!

Dmp-z1 according to sony team is the flagship among flagship at sony house!

https://e-earphone.blog/?p=1294529
What had I been telling you :wink: ? Congratulations on the killer deal btw...A steal together with a killer deal!!!! Is there such a term for it ?

Aug 22, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #1,994 of 4,326
Hehe a question for the owners who have their dmp on hands.

Does dmp-z1 has a relay clicks like on 1z lol
And is there also a relay switch from 4.4 and 3.5 I guess not right? For maximum quality its probably direct and independently directed lines?

I am also very curious how focal stelia sound from dmp-z1 would it be a stelar pairing?

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #1,995 of 4,326
Hehe a question for the owners who have their dmp on hands.

Does dmp-z1 has a relay clicks like on 1z lol
And is there also a relay switch from 4.4 and 3.5 I guess not right? For maximum quality its probably direct and independently directed lines?

I am also very curious how focal stelia sound from dmp-z1 would it be a stelar pairing?
Why not ? Relay is there for reliability. It also has auto mute on feature, and volume down to minimum is required when something is changed. Maximum quality is good, but Sony would never trade quality over reliability. They will always aim for reliability and serviceability as a priority
629CF64B-1B1F-4AAB-BE47-6C499154AF47.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back