Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Jun 4, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #3,406 of 4,319
Some Saturday morning easy listening with the Utopia. :)

BC58DA9A-34EC-43C2-BAD0-37F50344973A.jpeg
image.jpg

Jun 4, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #3,407 of 4,319
Jun 8, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #3,408 of 4,319
Some Saturday morning easy listening with the Utopia. :)

BC58DA9A-34EC-43C2-BAD0-37F50344973A.jpeg
I just noticed your inventory list. Wowsers. You’re definitely the 1% of the world who can afford the thousands of dollars of items you have. Keep enjoying them. We only have one life to appreciate them after all

Jun 9, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #3,410 of 4,319
I just noticed your inventory list. Wowsers. You’re definitely the 1% of the world who can afford the thousands of dollars of items you have. Keep enjoying them. We only have one life to appreciate them after all
Ah. It’s an aggregation over more than 10 years. :) A lot of what I get are for keeps. :)

Jun 9, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #3,411 of 4,319
I saw on the Sony online store that the DMP is a Special Order. Does this mean that the DMP becoming EOL soon?
Yes. What it means is they will take a while to source for it in other locations. Like how they did it for my TA-ZH1ES. So it is a good sign that they even put Special Order. Which means there is a commitment to bring in one for you.

Jun 9, 2022 at 6:01 AM Post #3,412 of 4,319
Ah. It’s an aggregation over more than 10 years. :) A lot of what I get are for keeps. :)
We’re on the same boat. I don’t sell my equipment. They’re all special for different reasons.

Jun 9, 2022 at 6:09 AM Post #3,413 of 4,319
Yes. What it means is they will take a while to source for it in other locations. Like how they did it for my TA-ZH1ES. So it is a good sign that they even put Special Order. Which means there is a commitment to bring in one for you.
I am so tempted to order one

Heart says "Do it!"

Head says "Wait for version 2"

Heart says "What if there is no version 2?"

😅

Jun 9, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #3,415 of 4,319
We’re on the same boat. I don’t sell my equipment. They’re all special for different reasons.
Meant to ask you: how is the MDR-27M2 that you have? compared to the MDR-Z1R

Jun 9, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #3,416 of 4,319

Heart says "Do it!"

😅
Well, if you do appreciate how it sounds, does it matter? In any event, knowing how the current situation is like, who knows when we will get our hands on one?

Jun 9, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #3,417 of 4,319

Heart says "Do it!"

😅
I mean lets be honest, even if there is a Version 2, the improvements will be marginal if existend at all.

Sony themself said, the development of Digital Amps is dead and there is pretty much no room for improvement anymore.

The WM1ZM2 from 2022 uses the exact same Digital Amp as the WM1Z.

There have been improvements on other areas on the device and Digital Amps do improve significantly if the components around it improve.

But the TA-ZH1ES was developed without any constrains or limitations in mind, that is why it is better than both WM1Z and WM1ZM2.

If there will be an successor to the TA-ZH1ES, i don't expect an upgrade in sound quality. It most likely will rather be a different than better sound, if at all.

//EDIT: I just noticed that i was in the wrong Thread :D im sorry. the DMP-Z1 does not have an Digital Amp, so what i said is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #3,418 of 4,319
Well, if you do appreciate how it sounds, does it matter? In any event, knowing how the current situation is like, who knows when we will get our hands on one?
Relaxed and very gentle. I can sleep with them easily. You still hear the mids and highs. The soundstage is very wide yet boxy, which means the mids are a bit more pronounced. You can hear the treble with no problems. They don’t shatter your eardrums and would make for a wonderful compliment to the DMP, really. Definitely a difference than the Z1R. Better? Hard to say as some people like the Z7M2 more and I’m ok with that. I love them both. So I’m lucky to own them.

Jun 9, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #3,419 of 4,319
Relaxed and very gentle. I can sleep with them easily. You still hear the mids and highs. The soundstage is very wide yet boxy, which means the mids are a bit more pronounced. You can hear the treble with no problems. They don’t shatter your eardrums and would make for a wonderful compliment to the DMP, really. Definitely a difference than the Z1R. Better? Hard to say as some people like the Z7M2 more and I’m ok with that. I love them both. So I’m lucky to own them.
Thanks for the impressions! 🙏

Jun 9, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #3,420 of 4,319
Thanks for the impressions! 🙏
The comfort of those cups is amazing. I should try them with the DMP just for fun at one of the electronics shops in Tokyo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back