Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Feb 2, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #3,181 of 4,319
I don’t think a DMP succesor will come. It ia dor me one of these inique sony products never to be made again

It would be ironic if there was, considering we have both recently purchased, after a long time of deciding.

”the next level of sound” is intriguing. It suggests something new / different, an upgrade ??

Feb 2, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #3,182 of 4,319
It would be ironic if there was, considering we have both recently purchased, after a long time of deciding.

”the next level of sound” is intriguing. It suggests something new / different, an upgrade ??

Probably better hardware, maybe with increased output power?

Feb 2, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #3,183 of 4,319

I am thinking of a walkman or two given the tagline starts with Walk , DMP wasn’t really meant to be that portable, rather carriable

Feb 2, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #3,184 of 4,319
Probably better hardware, maybe with increased output power?

Let's hope the DAP can be a DLNA Renderer for our smartphone/iphone (with native DSD & Full FLAC support)
And maybe this time, being a LDAC BT receiver but with some possible access to an external USB-C DAC at the same time.

And of course the replacement of the actual connector with two USB-C connectors (one for power input and the other for data transmission, including to an external DAC)

Feb 2, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #3,185 of 4,319
I am sort of Hyped and like i don’t care at the same time haha…. Mainly because i have the DMP and i don’t want android walkman

Feb 2, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #3,186 of 4,319
Let's hope the DAP can be a DLNA Renderer for our smartphone/iphone (with native DSD & Full FLAC support)
And maybe this time, being a LDAC BT receiver but with some possible access to an external USB-C DAC at the same time.

And of course the replacement of the actual connector with two USB-C connectors (one for power input and the other for data transmission, including to an external DAC)

It's possible that they kept the BT Receiver function for these upcoming successors of the 1A/1Z. Maybe some time after the devices will be released, they will do a software update to add this function to ZX507/A105 too.

Feb 2, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #3,187 of 4,319

I hope yours gets returned soon to you again. O am using mine normal again

Feb 2, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #3,188 of 4,319
I am sort of Hyped and like i don’t care at the same time haha…. Mainly because i have the DMP and i don’t want android walkman
Of course, we don't need an android Walkman .. I just want same DAP (the longest battery life on the way) as now with being able to be a WIFI DLNA renderer as they already are able to be BT receivers ... but this time allowing an external DAC support at the same time.
It should be the best partner of my Smartphone on the way and be able to be my central point at home when I plug it on the cradle to receive trough BT or Wifi music files from my computer, smartphone, tablet and just send them directly to my permanent desktop DAC and desktop AMP to feed my HEDDphone One or DCA Stealth...

No need for android or IOS at all... my Galaxy Z Fold 3 is already perfect for everything except decode DSD or FLAC files like Sony can do so well including with some small DSP adjustments.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #3,189 of 4,319
I hope yours gets returned soon to you again. O am using mine normal again

Thanks. I’m missing it a lot, but I was having a conversation with my brother last night, telling him the parts that have gone wrong & him explaining how components get warm inside & I think I need to reduce my daily usage a bit. Averaging 8 - 13 hours a day, is probably why the parts have failed ??

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #3,191 of 4,319
I don’t think it’s a DMP successor. Wording kinda hints at what’s to come and DMP is not considered part of the Walkman family.

Although, they do place it in their Walkman category on their product page, probably because they don’t quite know where to place it, given it’s not something you can‘t put in your jeans pocket. Either way, it’s exciting to have new products, which we haven’t had for some time now, I guess largely due to the Pandemic situation, but of course these new developments take time, regardless.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #3,192 of 4,319
Thanks. I’m missing it a lot, but I was having a conversation with my brother last night, telling him the parts that have gone wrong & him explaining how components get warm inside & I think I need to reduce my daily usage a bit. Averaging 8 - 13 hours a day, is probably why the parts have failed ??
Maybe the lication you put it (i assume under AV receiver/Amp, TV receiver) can be quite warm, mine is alway at the glass table we use to eat or at the bedside Table, u s i have felt mine warm, but not hor

Feb 2, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #3,193 of 4,319
Maybe the lication you put it (i assume under AV receiver/Amp, TV receiver) can be quite warm, mine is alway at the glass table we use to eat or at the bedside Table, u s i have felt mine warm, but not hor
It’s placed at my side on a nest of tables. I keep it away from other equipment. It’s never been hot to touch, or even noticing anything in the way of warmth. If anything it feels quite cold.

Feb 2, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #3,195 of 4,319

Users who are viewing this thread

Back